OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of caught up. iPad packed in wouldn't hold a charge! So swapped to laptop for a few pages. Got new iPad yesterday, set up this morning but have skipped a few pages. Never skipped pages before, against my believes.

So Im ready for 2pm start here in UK. It's became rather hard to listen to last week, hearing about Hannah Gilley and the personal details of her nursing her baby. I breast fed so think that thats why I cried for her.

Getting to Dana, Hanna and Little Chris I knew I would struggle, and I did. Very upsetting.

So today we have Kenny, I'm still wondering, why Kenny? IMO he knew the family troubles and issues so he had to go.

It is 3.
SNIP
In the afternoon, Dr. Looman walked through the same process she used for Chris Sr.’s cousin, Gary Rhoden, also found dead in that mobile home from three shots to the head.

Thank you, @twall. Appreciate the info. I hate to ask this, but were they all to the head? TIA

The prosecution still needs to establish that 8 murders were committed at 4 crime scenes. Theyll most likely be finished on Monday or Tuesday. Then theyll begin to establish GW4s role in the murders from planning, executing and the covering up. I believe the prosecutors thru the cumulative display of evidence prove 4 is guilty. They do not need to prove he pullled a trigger. They dont need a smoking gun. The total weight of the evidence will bury him behind bars for life. He was an integral part of the consiracy to commit murder. All My Opinion.
I suppose possibly the most important parts of the trial might be how the burden of proof is defined and articulated for the jury and the jury instructions.

The logical strategy for either of them would be to argue Jake did all the shooting. The first reason is it can be used to impeach or undermine confidence in Jake's testimony. Second, it means that neither Billy nor George have to worry about the other's testimony being used against them. For example, if George argued it was Jake and Billy, that would give Billy more incentive to do a plea deal and testify against George, etc.

Edited
That's risky though, to try to impeach JW. Is the jury allowed to know the terms of the agreement? The fact that the DP rides on JW offering a truthful proffer, to me, that carries huge weight. Then if you, as the defense, do trip Jake up, you better do it so good that your client is found not guilty. Once Jake is caught in a lie, the DP is back on for table for all.

I really think JW is protecting GW4 by saying he was not a shooter, I don't think he feels any loyalty to his dad. I get the vibe they were not that close. I think he believed dad was planning to blame him if anything went wrong, and if he and AW are to be believed she wasn't there so he didn't have to worry about protecting her. I think he and his brother were close and they had a lot of talks about what would happen, and what they would do if they were caught. We know plans were discussed from the conversations they supposedly have on tape about going after LE if one was arrested. I do not find it farfetched that GW4 and JW had talks about how they would have each others back if they were caught. Once JW realized there was no way out and he decided to take a plea to avoid the death penalty, I believe the one person he decided to try and protect was his brother, the only one he had a shot (no pun intended) at saving. I feel that with GW4''s adrenaline, not fear, would have kicked in...almost like be out hunting and he is alot more involved then JW is claiming.

If it is true that BW was planning to set up JW to take the fall then it is not a reach to believe his defense is going to be that he was just going over to talk to the Rhodens and had no idea what was going to go down, and his son's and AW planned this without his knowledge and he is being set up to take the fall, He will say once it started he went along to try and either stop, or protect them. Which I do not believe for one minute...but he strikes me as someone who thinks he can do no wrong. Hmm what is that called? A narcissist. JMOO.
P.S. I cannot wait to hear what GW4 was caught saying on tape when he did not know he was being recorded.
That tattoo of BW's is going to be tough to explain. Uhhh, yeah, I was over at my buddy's, and my sons show up to implement an unconscionable plan, about which, I was not consulted and of which, I had no prior knowledge. I was just shocked, I tell ya. Then I felt so distraught, you see, about the whole thing that I wanted to memorialize all 8 lives cut short by getting this 8 segmented scorpion over the back of my hand and index finger, Your Honor.

Anything on docket qbout trasporting prisonerr
nope, latest entry for JW
09/19/2022ENTRY GRANTING TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF EDWARD JACOB WAGNER'S PRIVILEGES UNTIL HE HAS TESTIFIED IN THIS CASE FILED AND COPIES TO COUNSEL

same for AW
09/16/2022ENTRY GRANTING TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF ANGELA WAGNER'S PRIVILEGES UNTIL SHE HAS TESTIFIED IN THIS CASE FILED AND COPIES TO COUNSEL

That tattoo of BW's is going to be tough to explain. Uhhh, yeah, I was over at my buddy's, and my sons show up to implement an unconscionable plan, about which, I was not consulted and of which, I had no prior knowledge. I was just shocked, I tell ya. Then I felt so distraught, you see, about the whole thing that I wanted to memorialize all 8 lives cut short by getting this 8 segmented scorpion over the back of my hand and index finger, Your Honor.
Billy never says “Your Honor”. Otherwise, Perfect!

Sort of caught up. iPad packed in wouldn't hold a charge! So swapped to laptop for a few pages. Got new iPad yesterday, set up this morning but have skipped a few pages. Never skipped pages before, against my believes.

So Im ready for 2pm start here in UK. It's became rather hard to listen to last week, hearing about Hannah Gilley and the personal details of her nursing her baby. I breast fed so think that thats why I cried for her.

Getting to Dana, Hanna and Little Chris I knew I would struggle, and I did. Very upsetting.

So today we have Kenny, I'm still wondering, why Kenny? IMO he knew the family troubles and issues so he had to go.
AC stated in opening KR was killed because he knew of the meeting set up between BW and CR Sr. that night.

wondering.
IF, ( and that’s a big IF) Billy was so distraught about shooting his “best friend” would Billy have shot Jake as G4 claims?

But Billy did shoot his best friend,and so, would Billy have shot Jake and or G4 so he and AW would have the kids and money to themselves? Alaska here we come.

That's risky though, to try to impeach JW. Is the jury allowed to know the terms of the agreement? The fact that the DP rides on JW offering a truthful proffer, to me, that carries huge weight. Then if you, as the defense, do trip Jake up, you better do it so good that your client is found not guilty. Once Jake is caught in a lie, the DP is back on for table for all.
Re Jake's testimony. I think prosecution will inform jury that State and JW came to an agreement in exchange for his testifying for the State. I doubt the jury will be informed of the terms of agreement.

I think after a verdict is reached in Jake's trial, the state will negotiate a plea deal with Billy Wagner. The State probably can't afford another jury trial like this one. my opinion

Last edited:
Chris Graves
@chrisgraves
·
10m
It seems unlikely that jurors will hear from subpoenaed #GeorgeWagnerIV family members this week. Prosecutors are being detailed + methodical in laying out the complex case, which may push this trial into November. #pike #rhoden

@chrisgraves
·
16m

After Monday, BCI forensic analysts in ballistics, blood spatter, and computer forensics are expected to testify the remainder of the week. Then expect wiretap testimony, likely to be extensive, and a shoe print expert William J. Bodziak the week after. 1/3

Chris Graves
@chrisgraves
·
29m

Today #GeorgeWagnerIV trial: #Pike County prosecutor Rob Junk will question the BCI agent who collected evidence at the last #Rhoden crime scene this morning. It will only be the second time Junk has questioned a witness in the case. (thread)
https://twitter.com/chrisgraves

Kenneth Rhoden's body was the last to be found at his camper at 799 Left Fork Road on April 22, 2016. He was shot once in the eye. Investigators also found a marijuana grow operation in a nearby outbuilding, detailed in earlier testimony by Rhoden's son, Luke

Looman's testimony should be shorter today as Kenneth Rhoden was shot once in the right eye. The other Rhoden victims were each shot multiple times. Watch for the caliber of gun. I suspect it will either be .40-caliber or a 7.62 round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapper_physicist