James Raymond Taylor, Crime Scene DNA ID'd him as Killer of Margaret Beck, Flying G Ranch,CO,1963. Arrest Warrant Issued. His whereabouts is unknown.

Maybe nothing, but who is Wilson?

According to the Las Vegas police report, Taylor's business address was 4784 Boulder Hwy, Las Vegas. And, per the podcast, his business name was "Expert Color TV & Professional Electronics" (abbreviated on the police report as Profess. Elec.) The link below is to the UNLV archives - Bruner Architectural & RE Appraisals 1937-1996, and it appears that the property at 4784 Boulder Hwy was listed as WILSON ELECTRONICS in 1973 and 1975. Did someone named Wilson own the property and Taylor simply rented the space?

Page 98
Wilson Electronics, 4784 Boulder Hwy., 1973, 1975

Also, WILSON ELECTRONICS is advertised in two Amateur Radio magazines - Post Office Box 116, Pittman NV, phone 702-451-5791 (Wasn't Taylor "into" amateur radio?)

Dec 1973 (see bottom of page 4)

Last edited:

According to the Las Vegas police report, Taylor's business address was 4784 Boulder Hwy, Las Vegas. And, per the podcast, his business name was "Expert Color TV & Professional Electronics" (abbreviated on the police report as Profess. Elec.) The link below is to the UNLV archives - Bruner Architectural & RE Appraisals 1937-1996, and it appears that the property at 4784 Boulder Hwy was listed as WILSON ELECTRONICS in 1973 and 1975. Did someone named Wilson own the property and Taylor simply rented the space?

Page 98

Also, WILSON ELECTRONICS is advertised in two Amateur Radio magazines - Post Office Box 116, Pittman NV, phone 702-451-5791 (Wasn't Taylor "into" amateur radio?)

Well done! in finding these. I searched through the old newspaper archives with that address, but no electronic businesses showed up.

Yes, Taylor was into HAM radio according to the police press release.

Well done! in finding these. I searched through the old newspaper archives with that address, but no electronic businesses showed up.

I really didn't find anything in my additional searches, either.
I would like to know who founded (or was management or partner) in this particular Wilson Electronics in Nevada during the 70's. But, on the other hand, I'm not sure it helps in finding Taylor.

I didn't save the link but made this note...

Per Ham Radio Magazine 1979

WILSON ELECTRONICS HAS BEEN bought by Regency. The move puts Regency back into the Amateur Radio business it left early last year, though Regency itself plans to remain in scanners and marine radio while Wilson, operating under its present management, will continue in Amateur and CB products.

One last post regarding Wilson Electronics. I wonder if Jim Wilson is still living.

Wilson Electronics has gotten together with Signal One to make it easy to own the best DX combination available. If you purchase a Signal One CX7A from Wilson Electronics for $2395.00 we will give you a 6-element 20 meter beam for $1.00. Now the 6-element 20 sells for $300. If you don't want a 6-element 20 meter beam, we will apply the same value' to any other combination of antennas you want. Trade-ins also accepted. For a winning deal call Jim Wilson at the number below

One last post regarding Wilson Electronics. I wonder if Jim Wilson is still living.

Wilson Electronics has gotten together with Signal One to make it easy to own the best DX combination available. If you purchase a Signal One CX7A from Wilson Electronics for $2395.00 we will give you a 6-element 20 meter beam for $1.00. Now the 6-element 20 sells for $300. If you don't want a 6-element 20 meter beam, we will apply the same value' to any other combination of antennas you want. Trade-ins also accepted. For a winning deal call Jim Wilson at the number below

Assume Jim Wilson was Taylor's boss? Sex offenders and serial killers on the prowl don't always have enough time and focus to show up to work and run a business every day. JMO

Using names and dates obtained from the "The Evidence Speaks - Episode 4 Sin City" transcript, I believe I've found Taylor's remarriage and divorce index on Ancestry.com, but there were no certificates or records attached to these though.

Quote from “The Evidence Speaks” Season 01 Episode 04 – SIN CITY – Transcript
00:04:01 CENSULLO
I'm Meredith Censullo. Oh, and this is The Evidence Speaks, part Four: Sin City.
By 1966, Jimmy Taylor, his wife Sharon, and their three-year-old son Blake were living in California. According to court records, Jimmy and Sharon filed for divorce in San Bernardino in September of ’66, after five years of marriage, on the grounds of mental cruelty. In ’66, mental cruelty, and adultery, were the only options for divorce in California. Despite the separation and later divorce, the couple had another child together a few months later. Son Kirk was born in April of ‘67. By 1969, the Taylors were in Las Vegas. Jim and Sharon remarried there in July of that year.
JRT July 1969 marriager.png

Quote from “The Evidence Speaks” Season 01 Episode 04 – SIN CITY – Transcript
00:04:01 CENSULLO continued...
The couple and their sons moved into a newly built home in the Terra Linda subdivision located in Paradise, a community on the south end of Las Vegas. A third son, Rod, was born in February 1970. Jimmy was self-employed, his company Expert Color TV and Professional Electronics, listed an address near the intersection of Boulder Highway and Flamingo Road, about 2-1/2 miles from the family home. The Taylors second marriage didn't last long. They divorced again on February 17th of 1972.
JRT 17 Feb 1972 devorcerb.png

This just reassures us that the "The Evidence Speaks - Episode 4 Sin City" podcast is a reliable source of information.

NOTE: Not sure why they keep calling James Taylor "Jimmy" though?? :) Maybe "Jimmy" is what his ex-wife called him?

Timeline of James Raymond Taylor

In 1954 - As a freshman Taylor attended Sevastopol High School in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin.

In 1961 - Taylor married Sharon and was living in Edgewater, Colorado.

August 17th 1963 - Taylor raped and murdered 16yo Margaret Elizabeth "Peggy” Beck in her Girl Scouts tent at the Flying G Ranch Girl Scouts Camp near Deckers, Colorado.

In 1966 - Taylor, his wife Sharon, and their three-year-old son were living in California.

September 1966 - According to court records, Taylor and Sharon filed for divorce in San Bernardino, after five years of marriage, on the grounds of mental cruelty. In 1966, mental cruelty, and adultery, were the only options for divorce in California.

April 1967 - Despite the separation and later divorce, the couple had another child together a few months later.

July 1969 - Taylor and Sharon remarried there that year. The couple and their sons moved into a newly built home in the Terra Linda subdivision located in Paradise, a community on the south end of Las Vegas.

February 1970 - A third son was born. Taylor was self-employed, his company Expert Color TV and Professional Electronics, listed an address near the intersection of Boulder Highway and Flamingo Road, about 2-1/2 miles from the family home.

February 17th 1972 - Taylor's second marriage didn't last long. They divorced again.

February 26th 1972 - Taylor's is arrested for imprisoning 3 teenage hitchhikers in his white 1970's dodge van in Las Vegas, luckily they all escaped and gave the police his licence plate number.

November 9 1974 - Taylor kidnapped and raped a 16-year-old girl who was walking along a Las Vegas Street. Afterwards the girl reported the number plate of Taylor's van to the police. The police then located Taylor at his home and was booked into Clark County Jail and charged with felony rape.

Late June 1976 - Taylor's Las Vegas home was sold. That was a few weeks before Taylor was to go on trial for the 1974 rape.

July 13th 1976 - Taylor's trial started and continued until November.

Mid July-October 1976 - It is believed that Taylor crossed the border into Mexico before the bench warrant was issued, sometime after his attorney last saw him in mid-July.

October 29th 1976 - Taylor was scheduled to appear for a pretrial hearing but was a no-show.

October/November 1976 - A bench warrant for Taylor's arrest was issued

The late 1970s - Sharon and the kids moved back to California.

June 2019 - A more comprehensive DNA profile was created in June 2019, and investigators were able to identify the suspect as "James Raymond Taylor" through genealogical research by partnering with Denver-based United Data Connect.

More than 40 years later - When cold case investigators tracked down Sharon and her sons more than 40 years later, Sharon said she hadn't heard from Taylor since their divorce. She told investigators she thought Taylor had a girlfriend and possibly moved to northern Nevada. His sons told detectives they hardly knew their father, although he might have shown up to one of their Little League games in the mid-70s. Sharon also told detectives she'd heard he'd been arrested in February of 1972, but she wasn't sure why he'd been arrested. It was a pretty big deal, though.

This timeline includes information from:- The-Evidence-Speaks-S01-E04 Podcast and Transcript , The Denver Post

Last edited:
Articles related to Taylor's business address "4784 Boulder Highway", as stated in his 1974 Nevada Arrest Report

JRT Bus Addr.jpg
1974 Arrest Record as seen on the The Evidence Speaks Podcast S01 Episode 4: Sin City page

WILSON ELECTRONICS - listed at same address 1973 and 1975

Page 98

I wonder what happens if I we now do a search for WILSON ELECTRONICS within the newspaper archives.

I really didn't find anything in my additional searches, either.
I would like to know who founded (or was management or partner) in this particular Wilson Electronics in Nevada during the 70's. But, on the other hand, I'm not sure it helps in finding Taylor.

I didn't save the link but made this note...

Per Ham Radio Magazine 1979

WILSON ELECTRONICS HAS BEEN bought by Regency. The move puts Regency back into the Amateur Radio business it left early last year, though Regency itself plans to remain in scanners and marine radio while Wilson, operating under its present management, will continue in Amateur and CB products.

Assume Jim Wilson was Taylor's boss? Sex offenders and serial killers on the prowl don't always have enough time and focus to show up to work and run a business every day. JMO

Wilson Electronics Link.jpg
LINK: MS-00177.pdf Page 98

This advert by Wilson Electronics appeared multiple times on the Las Vegas Sun jobs pages between Feb and March 1977.

Las-Vegas-Sun-Feb 24, 1977-p-51.jpg
LINKS: Newspaper Las Vegas Sun 1977 Feb 24 , Feb 25 , Feb 28 , Mar 01 , Mar 02 , Mar 03 , Mar 04 , Mar 06

IMO it sounds like a job that Taylor would have been well suited for with his background in Electronics and HAM Radios. We know he disappeared from the area between mid-July and October 1976 when the police came looking for him. This is just a thought, but perhaps Wilson Electronics were advertising for a person to do Taylor's old job 4-6 months after he had disappeared.
I know this is not confirmation that Taylor worked for Wilson Electronics but may give some credence to this.

Also see this Advert from Wilson Electronics Dec 1977.Las-Vegas-Sun-Dec 30, 1977-p-46.jpg
LINK: Las Vegas Sun Dec 30, 1977
VHF communication is basically the same thing. Radio Communications as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Businesses that advertised with address "4784 Boulder Highway" were "Stow-All Aluminium Co." and "Joe's Ornamental Iron"

Henderson-Home-News-Sep 23, 1971-p-16.jpg

LINK: Henderson Home News,Henderson, Nevada Tue, Apr 30, 1974 – Page 4
Henderson-Home-News-Feb 8, 1972-p-2.jpg
LINK: Henderson Home News,Henderson, Nevada Tue, Feb 8, 1972 – Page 2
Henderson-Home-News-Oct 3, 1974-p-28.jpg

LINK: Henderson Home News,Henderson, Nevada Thu, Oct 3, 1974 – Page 28

I noticed a strange connection, and this maybe just coincidence. James Raymond Taylor's father's occupation is listed as a Press Operator at an Aluminum Company on the 1940 census and it's probably just a sheer coincidence that an Aluminum Company is listed above (Stow-All Aluminum Company) at address 4784 Boulder Highway. Anyway just thought I'd mention it.
AEToccr.jpg
For those of you on Ancestry.com. Here is the link: Ancestry.com

Attachments

• Wilson Electronics Link.jpg
    Wilson Electronics Link.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 3
I don't know anything about ham radio operations but, assuming Taylor had an FCC license... would there be a searchable record of that license call sign from the 1970's? Also, is it possible Taylor (while in Mexico) remained in communication with any family or friends via radio? Would he need to use his FCC call sign to do so? Are records kept regarding communications from a particular license number? It's late and I'm just thinking off the top of my head... these could be absolutely ridiculous questions.

I don't know anything about ham radio operations but, assuming Taylor had an FCC license... would there be a searchable record of that license call sign from the 1970's? Also, is it possible Taylor (while in Mexico) remained in communication with any family or friends via radio? Would he need to use his FCC call sign to do so? Are records kept regarding communications from a particular license number? It's late and I'm just thinking off the top of my head... these could be absolutely ridiculous questions.

seems to be a Facebook page for every hobby -- could there be a Facebook page for ham radio operators?

Maybe some would remember the '70's?

jmho ymmv lrr

I found this 1968 list and I'm glancing through it now. There's no guarantee he had a license and call sign so it may be futile. But, there could be other years and districts if anyone else wants to do some searching.

ETA: I also did a name search at the link below but I think these members are likely current.

Last edited:
Articles related to Taylor's business address "4784 Boulder Highway", as stated in his 1974 Nevada Arrest Report

View attachment 370495
1974 Arrest Record as seen on the The Evidence Speaks Podcast S01 Episode 4: Sin City page

WILSON ELECTRONICS - listed at same address 1973 and 1975

View attachment 370493
LINK: MS-00177.pdf Page 98

This advert by Wilson Electronics appeared multiple times on the Las Vegas Sun jobs pages between Feb and March 1977.

View attachment 370489
LINKS: Newspaper Las Vegas Sun 1977 Feb 24 , Feb 25 , Feb 28 , Mar 01 , Mar 02 , Mar 03 , Mar 04 , Mar 06

IMO it sounds like a job that Taylor would have been well suited for with his background in Electronics and HAM Radios. We know he disappeared from the area between mid-July and October 1976 when the police came looking for him. This is just a thought, but perhaps Wilson Electronics were advertising for a person to do Taylor's old job 4-6 months after he had disappeared.
I know this is not confirmation that Taylor worked for Wilson Electronics but may give some credence to this.

Also see this Advert from Wilson Electronics Dec 1977.View attachment 370497
LINK: Las Vegas Sun Dec 30, 1977
VHF communication is basically the same thing. Radio Communications as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Businesses that advertised with address "4784 Boulder Highway" were "Stow-All Aluminium Co." and "Joe's Ornamental Iron"

View attachment 370506

LINK: Henderson Home News,Henderson, Nevada Tue, Apr 30, 1974 – Page 4
View attachment 370507
LINK: Henderson Home News,Henderson, Nevada Tue, Feb 8, 1972 – Page 2
View attachment 370508

LINK: Henderson Home News,Henderson, Nevada Thu, Oct 3, 1974 – Page 28

I noticed a strange connection, and this maybe just coincidence. James Raymond Taylor's father's occupation is listed as a Press Operator at an Aluminum Company on the 1940 census and it's probably just a sheer coincidence that an Aluminum Company is listed above (Stow-All Aluminum Company) at address 4784 Boulder Highway. Anyway just thought I'd mention it.
View attachment 370512
For those of you on Ancestry.com. Here is the link: Ancestry.com

Another advert from 1971 with address 4784 Boulder Hwy mentions an Art Wilson and Air Conditioning Company - Is this the same Mr Wilson that established the Wilson Electronics Company years later, at the same address.
Las_Vegas_Sun_1971-05-30_41.png

LINK: Clipping from Las Vegas SUN Sunday, May 30, 1971 Las Vegas, NV Page: 41

An interesting connection/coincidence with the advert above that has Taylor's business address, is that after James Raymond Taylor was arrested for the kidnapping of teenager girls in 1972, the girls reported to police that they had been picked up by "a white Dodge van with an air conditioning unit on top ". Perhaps the white Dodge van was used to deliver Wilson goods to customers and he was out delivering the air conditioning unit and other items. The girls also told police that Taylor said "I forgot, I have to drop a television off" (another delivery). This gives more credence that Taylor worked for/ or did jobs for Wilson in the early 70s.

Quote from The-Evidence-Speaks-S01-E04-Transcript
"They figured they'd walk a couple of blocks toward Boulder Highway and thumb a ride from there. The girls ages 14, 14, and 15, didn't have to wait long. A white Dodge van with an air conditioning unit on top slowed and the driver asked where they were heading. Fremont Street, they'd replied. That's where I'm going also, get in, said the man, white, stocky, in his 30s or 40s with dark hair and dark rimmed glasses. The girls climbed in next to the man, the three of them squished into the bench seat alongside the driver. You have a cigarette, one of the girls asked. The man obliged, handing each of the teens a Pall Malls, no filter from the pack in his shirt pocket. They’d driven three miles or so before the man changed their plans. I forgot, I have to drop a television off, the man said."

Last edited:
I found this 1968 list and I'm glancing through it now. There's no guarantee he had a license and call sign so it may be futile. But, there could be other years and districts if anyone else wants to do some searching.

ETA: I also did a name search at the link below but I think these members are likely current.

JamesRTfcc_could be.png
Probably wouldn't be that simple but you never know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back