James Raymond Taylor, Crime Scene DNA ID'd him as Killer of Margaret Beck, Flying G Ranch,CO,1963. Arrest Warrant Issued. His whereabouts is unknown.

Admittedly, I know nothing about this case but I'm getting to know it. I think this coward is hiding in plain sight. He could be dead by now but, even if that's the case, I don't think he changed his name. I'll bet he just went about his life like nothing ever happened.

hi. james raymond ‘jimmy ray’ taylor b. 15 jan 1940 in (probably wray, yuma) colorado, ***info redacted
if he had passed, i would see more. its possible, but hunch says not the case here….
***edit, ok, wow good work, dam good work finding james raymond taylor b. wisconsin. wish id seen this before posting. they cant both be the guy. i still believe he is out there…
good luck

Last edited:
hi. james raymond ‘jimmy ray’ taylor b. 15 jan 1940 in (probably wray, yuma) colorado, ***info redacted
if he had passed, i would see more. its possible, but hunch says not the case here….
***edit, ok, wow good work, dam good work finding james raymond taylor b. wisconsin. wish id seen this before posting. they cant both be the guy. i still believe he is out there…
good luck
Hi 'Justice Meter', Interesting enough the Jimmy Ray Taylor you mentioned above did have a Radio/FCC license (see below), but I can't find enough info this guy to say for sure that this is thee JRT, especially as his DOB is differerent. Ideally we need a photo of this Jimmy.

JimmyRTaylorCA redacted.jpg
I got his previous address from ancestry.com and found a match using the FFC search website FCC Universal Licensing System.

Hi 'Justice Meter', Interesting enough the Jimmy Ray Taylor you mentioned above did have a Radio/FCC license (see below), but I can't find enough info this guy to say for sure that this is thee JRT, especially as his DOB is differerent. Ideally we need a photo of this Jimmy.

I got his previous address from ancestry.com and found a match using the FFC search website FCC Universal Licensing System.
another great factoid!!! if authorities traced the perp post-DNA match to be the LV rapist, then this jimmy ray probably isnt him, as the arrest record states POB westbend, wi. you showed son of arthur ellison taylor & ina brainerd, who divorced before he was 10 years old.
he had at least one sister, no known brothers, whereas ‘jimmy ray’ had just a brother…

Last edited:
in 1950, james raymond taylor was living in jacksonport, wi with aunt & uncle, stanley & doris (brainerd) duncan, along with his sister linda a.(stark, 1941-2011) while his mother ina (brainerd) taylor was divorced, living in nearby sevastopol with her mother & another daughter b. ~1944, presumed still living…

Last edited:
the PRH thing is interesting…JRT’s sister, linda a. stark, married 1970, moved in 1988 to, & lived her remaining life in, lee co., fl…

Last edited:
How come all this info isn't in Margaret's thread? Since he is a suspect on that case. I have only been following her thread here:

Shouldn't these 2 threads be combined? I did not even know about this one re James Taylor.... just saying....

How come all this info isn't in Margaret's thread? Since he is a suspect on that case. I have only been following her thread here:

Shouldn't these 2 threads be combined? I did not even know about this one re James Taylor.... just saying....
Hi 'Niner', I created this as a seperate thread because this killer has committed other crimes as well and out of respect for the victim I didn't want to swamp Peggy Becks thread with the history of James Raymond Taylor. This thread is more specifically on the hunt for killer James Raymond Taylor. We already know he's the killer of Peggy Beck. He's also been arrested before in Nevada for the kidnappings and rapes of other teenage girls and hitchhikers. I wonder what else we can uncover about his past and I believe it's highly likely that he's killed more.

Hi 'Niner', I created this as a seperate thread because this killer has committed other crimes as well and out of respect for the victim I didn't want to swamp Peggy Becks thread with the history of James Raymond Taylor. This thread is more specifically on the hunt for killer James Raymond Taylor. We already know he's the killer of Peggy Beck. He's also been arrested before in Nevada for the kidnappings and rapes of other teenage girls and hitchhikers. I wonder what else we can uncover about his past and I believe it's highly likely that he's killed more.

Okay - I was just wondering! And that's a good explanation for me! :) You have done a great job in searching for this guy. Glad I found this thread. Maybe link it on Margaret's thread.

ok, you guys (& girls) are savvy in these investigative techniques…
so i would like to hear more of your thoughts on mexico…
the thread seems vaguely dismissive of the concept.
im thinking that warrant doesnt expire, & have seen firsthand some of the ways a retirement-age ’american’ can disappear most easily there… entire communities like chapala, sometimes whole gated enclaves of 5th-wheeling direct-deposit recipients without much governance…

ok, you guys (& girls) are savvy in these investigative techniques…
so i would like to hear more of your thoughts on mexico…
the thread seems vaguely dismissive of the concept.
im thinking that warrant doesnt expire, & have seen firsthand some of the ways a retirement-age ’american’ can disappear most easily there… entire communities like chapala, sometimes whole gated enclaves of 5th-wheeling direct-deposit recipients without much governance…

Well, if he's living in Mexico, its difficult to trace him there.

Well, if he's living in Mexico, its difficult to trace him there.
right...would the best possibility be his social security file? did he ever claim? if so, where are his payments sent to? seems LE could access these? hopefully they have…

Last edited:
So far I've not come across any good evidence online to suggest that he went to Mexico, but I do recall it being mentioned in The Evidence Speaks Podcast Episode 4 and Transcript (quoted below), where is says prosecuter Mitch Morrissey had some people look into this. They were able to confirm someone with his name and DOB went into Mexico in the mid-70s about the time that he jumped bond, but before a warrant was issued for him.
00:19:39 CENSULLO (Reporter/Narrator)
Taylor does have a sister who's lived in the Phoenix, Arizona area for decades. Their father may have lived there for a time, so it's possible Jimmy visited there prior to disappearing. I don't know if investigators spoke to the sister. I can imagine they did, but she's not mentioned in the Jefferson County arrest warrant. But I do know that Taylor crossed the border into Mexico before the bench warrant was issued, so sometime between mid-July, when his attorney Last saw him, and late October when he was supposed to appear in court. That tip came from one of Taylor's sons, who thinks his father came to see him at a Little League game sometime before he disappeared.
00:20:25 MORRISSEY (Prosecutor)
They were the ones that said they hadn't seen him since the mid-70. That he had left, he was in trouble, had jumped bond, and was gone, and they believed that he had gone to Mexico. So, I had people look into that and was able to confirm that somebody with his name and date of birth went into Mexico about the time that he jumped bond, but before the warrant was issued for him, so he had no problems using his name and identification to go into Mexico because he knew they weren't looking for him yet.
00:21:12 CENSULLO (Reporter/Narrator)

If that's true, did he start a new life there? There's no indication that Taylor spoke Spanish. We know he didn't have family there.
00:21:22 MORRISSEY (Prosecutor)
But the one thing I would say, that if he continued the behavior that he did in Mexico and got captured there, his odds are coming back to the United States were probably not good, based on what I know about Mexican jails, from people that we got out of Mexico and jails for killing police officers, that kind of thing going back that far would have been a very unpleasant place to be.

I found this 1968 list and I'm glancing through it now. There's no guarantee he had a license and call sign so it may be futile. But, there could be other years and districts if anyone else wants to do some searching.
the 1963 list referenced in the other thread had only 3 james taylors in it for the region, but one had an address in west allis, wisconsin, a populated suburb of milwaukee, but where his wifes relatives lived for decades….
i wonder if anything bad happened in west allis in the late ‘50s/early ‘60s worth looking into?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back