CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

Abducting two men in their late 30s with a wife and infant would go more smoothly with more than one abductor. With one attacker, I would hope they would all gang up on the attacker and either end up on the ground with wounds, or overcome the single abductor.

Is there any evidence of injury at the location of the abduction? Sorry, haven't read the articles yet. Did they appear to go willingly?
We have almost no information at all; bare bones.

"It looks like the individuals made an attempt to cover up their tracks."

Looks like LE thinks this wasn't a solo endeavor.

JMO.
It would seem logical since kidnapping a family of four would present all kinds of unfavorable possibilities for a solitary perp.
It seems like this kind of case would be very personal.

It would seem logical since kidnapping a family of four would present all kinds of unfavorable possibilities for a solitary perp.
It seems like this kind of case would be very personal.

I agree. Almost certainly personal. If their home is the one otto found (listed as business mailing address), they don't appear to be inordinately wealthy or extravagant/showy, so i'm not sure they'd be randomly singled out for financial reasons.

They are in trucking it appears. Did they get approached to haul illegal goods and refused (or something of that sort)?

Could this also have a cultural motive? Is there a cultural 'code' that was broken, perhaps? I know we have to tread lightly there, and rightfully so, but some cultures do have stringent traditions and expect them to be followed. Someone might seek "justice" according to said tradition, for example.

Just throwing things out there.

JMO.

I agree. Almost certainly personal. If their home is the one otto found (listed as business mailing address), they don't appear to be inordinately wealthy or extravagant/showy, so i'm not sure they'd be randomly singled out for financial reasons.

They are in trucking it appears. Did they get approached to haul illegal goods and refused (or something of that sort)?

Could this also have a cultural motive? Is there a cultural 'code' that was broken, perhaps? I know we have to tread lightly there, and rightfully so, but some cultures do have stringent traditions and expect them to be followed. Someone might seek "justice" according to said tradition, for example.

JMO.
I think somehow their business is going to be at the centre of this but to take a baby as well. Pretty ruthless.

JMO.
These are great thoughts. We don't see whole families abducted very often.

OCT 4, 2022
[...]

Warnke implored people to come forward with any information they may have related to the kidnapping, saying there has been no known contact for ransom. “We’ve got evidence to indicate that the individuals involved in this destroyed evidence in an attempt to cover up their tracks,” he added.

[...]

The suspect is described as a man with a shaved head and was last seen wearing a hooded sweatshirt, the sheriff’s office said. He is considered armed and dangerous, officials added.

[...]

Last edited:
This seems like a potential grudge motive/revenge plot to me. I wonder if disgruntled employee/customer?

I am thinking that such motives could stem from:

A. Inside their ethnic group.
B. Not related to their ethnic group.

In regards to "A".....

- All the victims have Sikh last names and Sikh physical characteristics (light Indian complections with large eyes).

- I wish the physical characteristics of the perpetrator were more clear, but he does not give me strong "Sikh vibes" nor does he seem to resemble any Indian sub group.

Rather, his hair is very light- almost like age / sun darkened blond. There are some very small blond Indian tribal groups and blond Indians of European descent, but these are very rare. Then factor in the possibility of a neck tattoos- pretty much non existant for Sikh immigrants or even second generation. Even multiple generation Sikhs dont really go for large tattoos.

The totality above seems to reduce the chances of "A". If so, that would leave alot of possibilities related to "B".

Could this also have a cultural motive? Is there a cultural 'code' that was broken, perhaps?
Possible, but the victims are all Sikhs by names and by physical characteristics. Meanwhile, the perpetrator does not look Sikh, nor does he look like he is from nearly any Indian sub group.

Thus, probably less possibility of the perpetrator being some kind of an angered ethnic enforcer regarding traditional cultural norms.

Last edited:

MERCED, Calif. (KSEE/KGPE) – Relatives of the family of four kidnapped in Merced County on Monday pleaded with the kidnapper to let them go. The kidnapped family includes an eight-month-old baby.

A wife and cousin spoke out less than 24 hours after their relatives were kidnapped from their family-owned business “Unison Trucking” in Merced.

“Please think of us, I’m begging in front of people who took my family from me please let them go safely,” said Jaspreet Kaur, whose husband is missing.

“My husband my brother in law my sister in law and my niece are missing and my niece she’s just an eight-month-old kid and she doesn’t have any food with them”

She says her husband 39-year-old Amandeep Singh was going to work this morning around 8:00 a.m. that it wasn’t until 11:00 a.m. when they got a call from the business saying no one was at the front desk.

“I tried to call him so many times around 11:45 a.m. but his phone is going directly to the voicemail,” added Kaur.

Continues at link

I am thinking that such motives could stem from:

A. Inside their ethnic group.
B. Not related to their ethnic group.

In regards to "A".....

- All the victims have Sikh last names and Sikh physical characteristics (light Indian complections with large eyes).

- I wish the physical characteristics of the perpetrator were more clear, but he does not give me strong "Sikh vibes" nor does he seem to resemble any Indian sub group.

Rather, his hair is very light- almost like age / sun darkened blond. There are some very small blond Indian tribal groups and blond Indians of European descent, but these are very rare. Then factor in the possibility of a neck tattoos- pretty much non existant for Sikh immigrants. Even multiple generation Sikhs dont really for large tattoos.

The totality above seems to reduce the chances of "A". If so, that would leave alot of possibilities related to "B".

Possible, but the victims are all Sikhs by names and by physical characteristics. Meanwhile, the perpetrator does not look Sikh, nor does he look like he is from any Indian sub group. Thus, probably less possibility of the perpetrator being some kind of an angered ethnic enforcer regarding traditional cultural norms.

Agree with you they are probably Sikh. Which without being stereotypical opens up the possibility of these victims crossing paths with the kidnappers at a volunteer event. Sikh's are some of the most philanthropic people with their time and money, which obviously is a generalization but read about a natural disaster or an emergency and not far behind will be a story about Sikh's opening up a food pantry and hot fresh food for free.

I was looking at the pictures of the suspect regarding the tattoo on his neck, it almost looks like it goes onto his cheek. He also looks like he has some on his leg. I also noticed it appears he covered his hand with his sleeve near the door? All IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back