CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

I'd bet it was a former employee.
Or someone with a grudge against them, a person known to them ?
Why take the baby ?
Babies can be fussy and make noise, are they being held captive somewhere ?

What a cute little one. :(
Hoping this ends peacefully !

Since it appears the business address is a home, do you think they were abducted from the home? That could be why LE is being so coy about the address.
Good point.

And how odd to take all of them like that.
Sounds very personal !

I'll have to reread later, was wondering if other family members made a statement or a plea ?

Eta : Answered below in post # 66, courtesy of @Unalienable Rights .

Last edited:

MERCED, Calif. (KSEE/KGPE) – Relatives of the family of four kidnapped in Merced County on Monday pleaded with the kidnapper to let them go. The kidnapped family includes an eight-month-old baby.

A wife and cousin spoke out less than 24 hours after their relatives were kidnapped from their family-owned business “Unison Trucking” in Merced.

“Please think of us, I’m begging in front of people who took my family from me please let them go safely,” said Jaspreet Kaur, whose husband is missing.

“My husband my brother in law my sister in law and my niece are missing and my niece she’s just an eight-month-old kid and she doesn’t have any food with them”

She says her husband 39-year-old Amandeep Singh was going to work this morning around 8:00 a.m. that it wasn’t until 11:00 a.m. when they got a call from the business saying no one was at the front desk.

“I tried to call him so many times around 11:45 a.m. but his phone is going directly to the voicemail,” added Kaur.

Continues at link
Thanks for this link and post.
Answers some questions !
So sorry for their loved ones.
:(

Who does this ... and taking a baby ? :mad:
M00.

At least one person to corral the victims, another to destroy... destroy evidence? Records? Paper records? Electronic records?

Sophisticated? Sloppy?

Perhaps there's a criminal enterprise that was taking advantage of this family business. With an urgent and vested interest in erasing that link. At all cost.

Might be a slow process for LE to reconstruct their books In order to identify any suspect enterprises.

The suspect on CCTV -- may not be local so I hope that image is being circulated far and wide. Some distinct features.

Hopefully tips are pouring in --

Looks like, based on what we know, the perpretators took pains to make sure no one was left behind. That doesn't bode well for safe release.

But I'll hold out hope --

JMO

What kind of trucking company do they own and what do they ship?

According to this it's "General Trucking".

Company Overview​

Unison Trucking, Inc. is an active DOT registered motor carrier operating under USDOT Number 2273192 and MC Number 776364.

Total Trucks9
Tractors Owned8
Trailer Owned14
Total Drivers9
USDOT2273192
MC NUMBER776364
MCS-150 Mileage Year2021
MCS-150 DATE20220830
MCS-150 MILEAGE1344545
Does Unison Trucking, Inc. transport Hazardous Material?No
Carrier OperationInterstate
Unison Trucking, Inc. in business since20120214

Cargo Hauled by Unison Trucking, Inc.​

General Freight

This story is so horrible. Apropos of nothing really, but many years ago, we had a neighbor family (also of South Asian decent) who owned a trucking company. One night, someone broke into their house and severely beat the man’s mother with a lead pipe. Thankfully, she survived, but “rumor” was that it was related to the business.

Latest update:

Of note, one of the victim's vehicles was found burning before the kidnapping was discovered, and the FBI is among the agencies involved in the investigation. Glad to see they've called in the cavalry.

Attachments

• 5774BF8E-C000-497F-86EF-345F50F8C19B.jpeg
    5774BF8E-C000-497F-86EF-345F50F8C19B.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 90
Latest update:

Of note, one of the victim's vehicles was found burning before the kidnapping was discovered, and the FBI is among the agencies involved in the investigation. Glad to see they've called in the cavalry.
Thanks. I couldn't figure out what the updated information was about. It seemed to be information other than the car that was repeated.

So looking at the business on CA SOS website. The 6-15-22 statement of iinformation notes a labor judgement. I'm going to see if I can find anything on that elsewhere.

Latest update:

That is probably the evidence the perps were trying to cover/hide/destroy

That is probably the evidence the perps were trying to cover/hide/destroy
Agreed, although I do wonder if they also removed video equipment. In any event, this truck being set on fire has to be the main thing they were referring to.

It's probably a perfect place to burn a vehicle, as there's no worry about cameras. It's the middle of nowhere.

Attachments

• 7F341BE9-9905-44EC-89C2-E8BD68B41845.jpeg
    7F341BE9-9905-44EC-89C2-E8BD68B41845.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 58
Latest update:

Have you found the business location on Hwy 59? 800 block gets me to a farm field?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back