CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

What kind of trucking company do they own and what do they ship?
Judging by the company profile....

They ship what ever fits into their trucks.

No hazardous materials though. Which makes sense as it would require specialized equipment and drivers with extra certifications.

That aside, the company owns five trucks, but only has one driver, probably the owner. I am thinking that the company prefers to deliver from Merced area to other locations. Then, tries to hook their driver up with another load back to the Merced area. This would avoid "dead heading" (trucker slang for a moving truck w/o freight, which is bad for business).

Perhaps the company keeps a roster of truckers who no longer want to go "over the road" in the full sense of term. The pay is lower, but they would spend considerably more time at home. The company then receives shipping orders, calls their drivers to see who is available.

The company then gives an available driver the delivery load. Some routes may come back to Merced fast. Others, may require some days on the road to avoid inefficient "dead heading".

Agreed, although I do wonder if they also removed video equipment. In any event, this truck being set on fire has to be the main thing they were referring to.

It's probably a perfect place to burn a vehicle, as there's no worry about cameras. It's the middle of nowhere.
So that is straight up Snelling Highway from the abduction. I hope they are canvassing for all possible video footage. They caught Dan Markel’s killer with bus footage. I hope they are moving quickly, before data is overwritten.

So that is straight up Snelling Highway from the abduction. I hope they are canvassing for all possible video footage. They caught Dan Markel’s killer with bus footage. I hope they are moving quickly, before data is overwritten.
Kidnapping cases tend to have an even higher priority than murder investigations, because lives literally hang in the balance. I'm sure they're grabbing every piece of footage they can, as they need to find this family before they are killed.

I've been frustrated in murder cases where footage has been lost due to the authorities being slow, but I can't imagine it would happen in a case like this, with this amount of resources being thrown at it.

This story is so horrible. Apropos of nothing really, but many years ago, we had a neighbor family (also of South Asian decent) who owned a trucking company. One night, someone broke into their house and severely beat the man’s mother with a lead pipe. Thankfully, she survived, but “rumor” was that it was related to the business.
our across the street neighbors that live next door to each other are sikh and own a trucking company. two of the brothers lived in the same big house. one brother does not wear a turban and the other does. the one who does not moved out w his family. but no craziness like this.

Latest update:

Of note, one of the victim's vehicles was found burning before the kidnapping was discovered, and the FBI is among the agencies involved in the investigation. Glad to see they've called in the cavalry.
waaoooo.. this is not good

Agreed, although I do wonder if they also removed video equipment. In any event, this truck being set on fire has to be the main thing they were referring to.

It's probably a perfect place to burn a vehicle, as there's no worry about cameras. It's the middle of nowhere.there is a federal prison off bh

there is a federal prison off buhach, but let me see in which direction. maybe they passed? should be tons of cameras there.

The car to the right is a "black 2020 Dodge Ram truck", same as the uncle's car found set on fire.

The picture on the left is from Google maps in the "800 Block of South Highway 59" where Merced police said the family went missing from. Short guy keeps hiding his face as the Google car drives by...

Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 23.13.30.png

Yeah, I really don't see this ending well. If the motive was ransom (which is exceedingly rare), that doesn't appear to have happened.

There's still a chance they're recovered alive, but the clock is ticking.
ya no ransome that LE knows about, although maybe the demand went directly to the family.

The car to the right is a "black 2020 Dodge Ram truck", same as the uncle's car found set on fire.

The picture on the left is from Google maps in the "800 Block of South Highway 59" where Merced police said the family went missing from. Short guy keeps hiding his face as the Google car drives by...

View attachment 370902
So their business model is that they park that truck in a vacant lot and meet business there?

How much money can you make, hauling stuff around in your passenger truck?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back