CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

Thank you. I tried to enlarge that picture which I'm not very good at and I swear I see cans and pine cones. LOL. Maybe someone who can do this better could get a good shot. I also noticed the pic with the mask on those strings to his sweatshirt look all tangled up and yet they are neatly laying there when he is captured without the hood on. ( FYI, that would take me 45 minutes to fix and with some choice words).
Also, some are saying they could have been taken from the home but the pics show a marked parking lot with cement bolders. Do they live in an apartment/condo, it looks like a business to me. Any chance these pictures were not taken the day of the kidnapping? I can't recall if LE said so or not.
It looks like a couple of plastic bottles and perhaps a few cans in the bag to me. I wonder if this guy may be homeless. Many homeless collect bottle and cans here. ???

This is not going to end well, I fear. That perp is not keeping them safe somewhere. He looks like what I would imagine s

Of note: Suspect attempted to use one of the victim's atm cards. He attempted to take his own life prior to law enforcement contact. The family is still missing, and a presser will be held at 10 tomorrow morning.

This looks like it will become the worst case scenario.
bolding mine.
Oh, no.
:mad:
Please let that little family and the relative be found safe.

If the motive was actually robbery, there'd be little reason to torch the uncle's truck unless there was a need to cover up evidence of a more serious crime that happened in/around it--otherwise, I imagine, a person hard up for money would just sell it quickly and quietly.
I fear the worst has happened to this poor little family and just hope this coward actually pulls through so he can be forced to answer for his crimes.

This article has confirmation that the family is Sikh: Person of interest in Merced kidnapping identified, in custody: family remains missing

Perhaps they ran the business out of their home but they must have also had some kind of office with a lobby/front desk because this article says the wife of the kidnapped relative found out about the situation when she "got a call from the business saying no one was at the front desk." ‘Please let them go safely’: Search for family of 4 kidnapped continues in Merced County

The car to the right is a "black 2020 Dodge Ram truck", same as the uncle's car found set on fire.

The picture on the left is from Google maps in the "800 Block of South Highway 59" where Merced police said the family went missing from. Short guy keeps hiding his face as the Google car drives by...

View attachment 370902
Nice find!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee