Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reason the grandma was out of town for work was because she thought she had the child care covered with her husband, the elder son who lives on the property and the babysitter. I don't think she intended for Quinton to be only under the care of his non-custodial mother at all. We don't know if Gma may have had no choice to go out of town for her job, she may have had to work for financial reasons.

I think calling off with the babysitter was not something either grandparent had any knowledge of until after the fact.

MOO

Omg.

"Howell said his step-daughter claims that Quinton’s father came and picked the little boy up, something police have ruled out and Howell admits doesn’t add up."

Well, we know exactly how this ends now.
Unfortunately, Yes, we do know :(

Not another little one-- it is heartbreaking.

And look at his sweet cute little face.

I hope he is found soon.

Short interview with the babysitter for Quinton and his sibling. She received a text at 5:29am saying that she wouldn't be babysitting today -- then she received another text at 9:00am asking if she had seen Quinton.

Ohh boy !!!
And here we are again.

Such an adorable little guy--hope he is found soon.

Is that allowed? One receives custody and then allows the one(s) that lost custody to care for the kids? The baby sitter helps but to me is not enough.
If Grandma had full legal custody, she can allow the non-custodial parent to live with the two kids and honestly can do whatever she chooses, except in rare circumstances (court order). If Grandma let the kids stay with Mom and she neglected or harmed them, Grandma may get into legal trouble, as she should have known they were at risk for harm, depending on the history.
If Q & Z were still in the foster system, this would be less likely to be allowable, depending on the DFS case parameters. I am basing this on foster work I do in another state, so all MOO. I see custodial family members let non-custodial parents “babysit” their children often and sometimes they lose custody for allowing it.

If Grandma had full legal custody, she can allow the non-custodial parent to live with the two kids and honestly can do whatever she chooses, except in rare circumstances (court order). If Grandma let the kids stay with Mom and she neglected or harmed them, Grandma may get into legal trouble, as she should have known they were at risk for harm, depending on the history.
If Q & Z were still in the foster system, this would be less likely to be allowable, depending on the DFS case parameters. I am basing this on foster work I do in another state, so all MOO. I see custodial family members let non-custodial parents “babysit” their children often and sometimes they lose custody for allowing it.
It was stated above that Mother is on Parole. I wonder if Grandma was given custody so the kids would not end up in the foster care system while Mom was possibly dealing with jail/court? That could change how Grandma felt about Mom & Children spending time together.

Do I have this right?

Grandma owns house
Grandma has custody of Q
Grandma is evicting Q's mom from the house
Grandma goes out of town and leaves Q with mom

No shade toward grandma, just want to make sure I read all of this correct.

Now Q is missing... flags everywhere and I don't like this. Two Georgia cases that are so horribly perplexing. Praying for answers on both this week!

I will add, if sitter "keeps kids even when mom is not working" it sounds like mom keeps Q with her eventhough grandma has legal custody

My understanding—and at this point, it’s confusing—is that:

Grandmother has custody
Grandmother has to work

Therefore, babysitter takes care of Q, whether Mother is working or not, because Grandmother doesn’t want to rely on the Mother to take care of him.

MOO

Keep in mind, that as of this moment, Q's mother is still considered a victim. Nevertheless, she did not have custody of her two older kids. She may have been a teenager when her first was born, so grandma being the primary provider would not be unusual, but she would have been around 19-20 when Q was born. I have my suspicions about what happened (and I suspect others have had the same thoughts).

Q's mom may have been welcomed into the home in the hopes that she may have changed her ways and gotten her life together, only for grandma to realize she hadn't.

It does seem that whatever happened, occurred before 5:30 AM. It may well have occurred the previous night.

bolding mine.
Good point !

That sends my hinky meter down another rabbit hole.... :rolleyes:

I'd imagine LE have requested phone and vehicle data by now ?
To see where everyone was that morning ?
My .02.
I hope LE is also checking movements/cameras etc from the night before. Especially since the sitter was notified before the last time mom reported seeing little Q.
Despite thinking that I'm wrong, I wonder if little Q was removed and placed in order to evade custody loss to the grandparents after eviction (since IIRC the other one or two children were already in custody of grandma). Just hoping.
:(

Last edited:
I hope LE is also checking movements/cameras etc from the night before. Especially since the sitter was notified before the last time mom reported seeing little Q.
Despite thinking that I'm wrong, I wonder if little Q was removed and placed in order to evade custody loss to the grandparents after eviction (since IIRC the other one or two children were already in custody of grandma). Just hoping.
:(
I think both boys were in Grandmas custody. IMO

Was the baby girl in custody of the grandmother or just the 2 boys? Who are the two children besides Quinton being referred too here?
Checking back, the two boys were in grandma's custody. So hopefully little Q was spirited away in mom's hopes of getting him back. A long shot I know but I'm fervently hoping.

"...When she arrived at her home on Burkhalter Road, she said she found crime scene tape up and had to stay at a motel. Police have since taken down the tape, she said. She lives at the home with her husband, her 22-year-old daughter, who is Quinton’s mother, her daughter’s boyfriend and the daughter’s three children.

“But I haven’t heard from any police and they were supposed to be here searching this morning. They’re not here. I’m praying that that’s good.”

Before she left for the short-term job in Illinois, she had served her daughter and her daughter’s boyfriend with an eviction notice through the courts. She said they would fight all the time.

“It was just horrible. I was like, ‘Look. We have a house that we want to home to and live in peace, but we can’t do that with y’alls mess.’”

On Sept 16th, the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office mailed the daughter and her boyfriend an eviction notice, according the Chatham County court records. Howell said she believes her daughter received the notice last week."

Last edited:
Checking back, the two boys were in grandma's custody. So hopefully little Q was spirited away in mom's hopes of getting him back. A long shot I know but I'm fervently hoping.

"...When she arrived at her home on Burkhalter Road, she said she found crime scene tape up and had to stay at a motel. Police have since taken down the tape, she said. She lives at the home with her husband, her 22-year-old daughter, who is Quinton’s mother, her daughter’s boyfriend and the daughter’s three children.

“But I haven’t heard from any police and they were supposed to be here searching this morning. They’re not here. I’m praying that that’s good.”

Before she left for the short-term job in Illinois, she had served her daughter and her daughter’s boyfriend with an eviction notice through the courts. She said they would fight all the time.

“It was just horrible. I was like, ‘Look. We have a house that we want to home to and live in peace, but we can’t do that with y’alls mess.’”

On Sept 16th, the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office mailed the daughter and her boyfriend an eviction notice, according the Chatham County court records. Howell said she believes her daughter received the notice last week."
This looked like the only chance mom had of getting him back if that's what she intended (not legally of course). Little Q had been with his grandmother since he was 5 months old. I haven't read anywhere how active she was with her two boys that her mother had custody of while living in the family home. link above in quoted post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01