Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

This video may help a bit. It's another one from Gray. He talks about the rectangle area and also includes a timestamp. It's eerie watching the car drive into the water at 12:33, the time of Kiely's phone's final ping. The video is clear enough to me to strongly imply this was a terrible accident but YMMV. MOO.

I've watched the video a bunch of times. Around 24:30 mark, it's slower motion. I see a caravan of cars that all turn up to the "roads." I don't see where her car was ever above the brush line so that's why I'm thinking they were all driving along the beach and not the "roads." It definitely looks like a group of cars relatively close together, and all make the turn except her car.

ETA that here's the link to the video copied "at that current time". Apparently you can't do that when it's live. Silly me!

And back to my original post....
======================================================
I love what AWP does but totally agree that they should stick to what they know and keep opinions to themselves (IMO).

It also appears to be Tricia's opinion, as well as Anna_B's. Unfortunately the vid doesn't have the option to copy URL at current time or I would post that.

But Trica said "Anna_B, I agree. They were wrong, they owe the family an apology. They are seasoned youtubers, but I don't think they're seasoned in the drama with the true crime world, and the true crime bad actors, as a scientific sceptic calls them. You know the conspiracy weirdos that will say anything, and I just think they got caught up in the moment, because they hadn't ever done anything like this, because I don't think they've been involved in a case that had this kind of drama. I'm not trying to give them an excuse, I think, like I said, that everybody makes mistakes, I don't think they knew what their comments were going to cause, the explosion that would happen with this. I know, I don't know them but I have a feeling they absolutely learned their lesson and I do hope they apologize to the family, you're absolutely right."

I'm really glad she said that as it's what I've been thinking for a long time now. It's best to stick to the facts and don't add opinion when you're in the business of finding sunken cars and people. It's fine the diver said that to his teammate in private, but IMO, it should have been left out of their video.

1665113228723.png

Last edited:
This video may help a bit. It's another one from Gray. He talks about the rectangle area and also includes a timestamp. It's eerie watching the car drive into the water at 12:33, the time of Kiely's phone's final ping. The video is clear enough to me to strongly imply this was a terrible accident but YMMV. MOO.
Thank you. On this one, it's hard to make out the caravan of cars. It does look like she's above the tree line so I think they might be on that lower road but coming from the beach/below the party and not the original road out of the party. I drove that segment and it's unbelievably rutted. That's where I turned around for fear of damage to my car.
But at around 29:30 there's a huge bright light shining toward the camera. and then it's hard to make out for sure, but to me it looks like it was actually two cars. One turns up the road home, and her car inexplicably goes down to the lake. Unless there are just random "lights" on this film without any correlation to cars. Anyone else see that?
Sorry I mean 29:30 in the fire cam footage. In this video if you look around 6:20
I think what I'm seeing is two cars together, one shining headlights toward the fire cam. but shortly after, the two cars separate. and at about 30:30 I see one driving up the road home and the other driving down to the lake

as if someone stopped to chat before going in two different directions. which is very odd given the outcome. I might be totally wrong. maybe it's a random light?
It's right about 12:30 am on the fire cam that it looks like two cars separate. What do others see there?

Last edited:
I've watched the video a bunch of times. Around 24:30 mark, it's slower motion. I see a caravan of cars that all turn up to the "roads." I don't see where her car was ever above the brush line so that's why I'm thinking they were all driving along the beach and not the "roads." It definitely looks like a group of cars relatively close together, and all make the turn except her car.
01780FB7-CEBE-479B-9248-ED85052E352C.jpeg

Are you talking about the road with the arrow? I thought I saw cars coming up that road, as if they had parked west of there, in an area that hadn’t been notated (AFAIK) as a parking area. Or is there a way to get closer to the shore? Either way, I feel they were coming from that direction

View attachment 371415

Are you talking about the road with the arrow? I thought I saw cars coming up that road, as if they had parked west of there, in an area that hadn’t been notated (AFAIK) as a parking area. Or is there a way to get closer to the shore? Either way, I feel they were coming from that direction
Yes how I'm interpreting what I'm seeing is that a caravan of cars were all driving together along that road where you are pointing the arrow. They all made the turn up to home where it meets with the green line, except hers.
I also in the other video am seeing not just one car but two at the "fork" in the road, and they separate at about 12:30 am on the fire cam. One goes home and one to the lake.

Or? actually the lights do really confusing things after that. Anyone want to chime in?

Still looks sus to me, subject to further help interpreting what I'm seeing.

Last edited:
BBM

It looks the same to me.

Thank you. On this one, it's hard to make out the caravan of cars. It does look like she's above the tree line so I think they might be on that lower road but coming from the beach/below the party and not the original road out of the party. I drove that segment and it's unbelievably rutted. That's where I turned around for fear of damage to my car.
But at around 29:30 there's a huge bright light shining toward the camera. and then it's hard to make out for sure, but to me it looks like it was actually two cars. One turns up the road home, and her car inexplicably goes down to the lake. Unless there are just random "lights" on this film without any correlation to cars. Anyone else see that?
Sorry I mean 29:30 in the fire cam footage. In this video if you look around 6:20
I think what I'm seeing is two cars together, one shining headlights toward the fire cam. but shortly after, the two cars separate. and at about 30:30 I see one driving up the road home and the other driving down to the lake

as if someone stopped to chat before going in two different directions. which is very odd given the outcome. I might be totally wrong. maybe it's a random light?
It's right about 12:30 am on the fire cam that it looks like two cars separate. What do others see there?
Her car came a few seconds after those two cars separated.

Her car came a few seconds after those two cars separated.
What I'm seeing at right about exactly 12:30 am is those cars separate and hers goes down to the lake. Exactly what happens with the other car, I'm not sure. It looks to me like some kind of "conference" occurred at the fork in the road and that her car went to the lake after the conference.

I wonder if he can zoom in on the other car. It might even have been more than 2 cars but once hers shines its lights back at the camera I'm having a hard time seeing what happened to the other one(s)?

What I'm seeing at right about exactly 12:30 am is those cars separate and hers goes down to the lake. Exactly what happens with the other car, I'm not sure. It looks to me like some kind of "conference" occurred at the fork in the road and that her car went to the lake after the conference.

I wonder if he can zoom in on the other car. It might even have been more than 2 cars but once hers shines its lights back at the camera I'm having a hard time seeing what happened to the other one(s)?
With the distance of the camera and no more clear than the video is; is it possible that the vehicle went down towards the water and parked and then shut its lights off?
MOO

maybe everyone should check out Tricias video on YouTube highlighting the amazing footage of KRs car going into the lake <edited to include link>

Gray is about to explain his video analysis:
Thanks! and he does it amazingly well and Tricia agrees with him! From her mouth to our ears she says there was no foul play.

With the distance of the camera and no more clear than the video is; is it possible that the vehicle went down towards the water and parked and then shut its lights off?
MOO
Yea I keep watching it and seeing new things. Now it does look like the one car came down to the water and then its lights disappear right at about 12:31 am. After that, the other car comes from up higher on the road and goes into the water. But did that second car that went into the water go up and turn around on the road or did it come from the party area?

also it looks different from the caravan of cars I had seen on the other video
- but since he keeps jumping around and putting it backward and forward, it's hard to get a coherent view of what's happening

Last edited:
Yea I keep watching it and seeing new things. Now it does look like the one car came down to the water and then its lights disappear right at about 12:31 am. After that, the other car comes from up higher on the road and goes into the water. But did that second car that went into the water go up and turn around on the road or did it come from the party area?

also it looks different from the caravan of cars I had seen on the other video
- but since he keeps jumping around and putting it backward and forward, it's hard to get a coherent view of what's happening
From the angle and distance of the camera amd no better quality than is here, it's hard to say how many vehicles were right there or their exact location.

MOO

I know what you talkin about, but from the two cars at that time the one coming kind of towards the camera drives all the way to the left edge of screen. Meanwhile there comes Kiely towards right and into the water at that small peak on the beach.

I guess we are just looking at different cars lol.

I know what you talkin about, but from the two cars at that time the one coming kind of towards the camera drives all the way to the left edge of screen. Meanwhile there comes Kiely towards right and into the water at that small peak on the beach.

I guess we are just looking at different cars lol.
Well, I'm not sure. This video looks very different from what I saw in his first video with the caravan.
It's frustrating that there's that big white swoosh in the middle of the screen at key moments. It's not easy to track whether the other car went up and turned around or whether the one that came toward the beach before her did go all the way to the left of the screen or not.

Yes. I showed it to my husband like 7 times. Yes conference is a good choice of words.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I take back my "caravan" comment unless I see more footage that matches that longer video. He did so much forward and backward that I'm not sure what I was seeing. Plus that version didn't have the time stamp on it.

This version seems more helpful -
. He doesn't go back and forth and it has the time stamps. The big white swoosh obscures some of the content during key parts of the video.

There appear to be at least two and possibly more cars meeting together at the fork in the road for a few minutes. At just before 12:30 am, they appear to separate. It's not clear to me if one of the cars goes up the road and turns around, or if KR's car comes down separately. Note: those dirt roads are so narrow it is hard for cars to pass each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take back my "caravan" comment unless I see more footage that matches that longer video. He did so much forward and backward that I'm not sure what I was seeing. Plus that version didn't have the time stamp on it.

This version seems more helpful -
. He doesn't go back and forth and it has the time stamps. The big white swoosh obscures some of the content during key parts of the video.

There appear to be at least two and possibly more cars meeting together at the fork in the road for a few minutes. At just before 12:30 am, they appear to separate. It's not clear to me if one of the cars goes up the road and turns around, or if KR's car comes down separately. Note: those dirt roads are so narrow it is hard for cars to pass each other.
The "meeting" of cars at the intersection is one of the; i'll say "interesting" things about the video. Also what appears to be a car on the other side of the lake (yellow circle) as the headlights appear to enter the water.

Images capped from Gray's video.

as for the word caravan: "A company of travelers journeying together"

Attachments

• 0BD928F8-3CA9-46BD-8D2D-EC7EF895E09E.jpeg
    0BD928F8-3CA9-46BD-8D2D-EC7EF895E09E.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 77741B3C-E3D6-4BAD-8671-F83600B5A0A4.jpeg
    77741B3C-E3D6-4BAD-8671-F83600B5A0A4.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 32
ADMIN NOTE:

Stop the bickering and pettiness in this discussion and don't Report to us just because you don't like another member's theory or opinion.

It is not a violation of TOS if another member has a speculative opinion or theory that is different from yours.

Thank you.

Now that we've seen GH's enhanced video it might be helpful to go back to the original video - ALERTCalifornia - Alder Hill - and study the same time frame.

For one thing it's easier to differentiate between car headlights and headlight reflections. For example, the light across from Kiely's last position isn't another car across the lake, it's her headlights shining on the water.

And in the original video Kiely's car doesn't come into clear view until about 12:31:50. Gray's video was definitely helpful but the overlay that helped us see the cars better also suppressed some finer content. IMO it's worth comparing the two. MOO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back