OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall correctly the Wagner's vacationed a lot in Alaska or it was said they did and they had been planning to move there and was a dream of theirs even prior to the murders. So I am curious then if a passport is required, why they didn't have them already.

Also, the cost she listed for these passports is extremely high. Makes me wonder if that was hiding some other expenses in the passport category or if they were obtaining fake ones. I guess we will find out because surely they had the passports somewhere if they paid that much for them.
When I got my first passport back around 10 years ago, it was $198.00...so when I was doing the mental math for those charges AW had I thought ok it went up a bit...4x the price would be about $800...but then she listed the prices for passports like 2 other times in subsequent months. So yeah I don't know what she was doing there?

James Pilcher
@jamespilcher
Afternoon session from Wagner murder trial in Pike County. First up is BCI analyst Julia Eveslage - who looked at phone and computer records in the case.

This is her third time testifying in the case. She is going to testify about the items found at the search warrant discussed this morning

Eveslage says they had heard the Wagners were moving, and the belongings in those trailers and trucks were part of moving out.

She was privvy to the different aspects of the case, including ballistics and shoe prints and previous records. She was there to look through documents etc. and other items.

Some items photographed and not collected, some that were collected and not photographed.

First item is the green notebook belonging to Jake Wagner

Pages include secret spy kit and blueprint map list of weapons and combat gear

Spy kit.jpg Map.jpg

That notebook came from George Wagner's truck according to Eveslage.

Angela's gmail password was "bulvinesophia" according to note found in George's truck

The two grandkids at the center of the custody disputes .

Notes from Angela notebook indicate Jake and Chris wrecked George's truck at 2 a.m. in late 2016 causing injuries including cracked ribs and multiple stitches.

According to this notebook, Angela also got the family passports costing $900.

Also looking at list of things possible for sale on Facebook including furniture etc.

They may have needed the passports to go to Alaska because they were crossing into Canada. They left for Alaska in June 2017.

Next page of ledger - March 18 - get ready to leave. Do this the day we leave.

This came out of George's black Dodge Ram truck.

Another tote from George’s truck. First document is custody of Sophia to Jake if Hanna Rhoden dies … supposedly signed by Hanna

Here’s the document

Document.jpg

Now introducing that actual document, and it shows a date printed out from April 3, 2016, but it apparently has a signature from Hanna Rhoden in 2014. It was notarized by Angela Wagner's mother Rita Newcombe.

Same kind of document showing Jake signing over guardianship to Angela from 2015 if anything happened to him, but it was printed out in 2016.

Another appointment guardianship - from George to Angela if anything happened to his son Bulvine. Signed March 11 2015 but again printed out on April 3, 2016. @local12
Again notarized by Angela's mother Rita Newcomb.

Now moving on to certified letters sent from George's ex-wife Tabitha writing to say she wants to start her official visits.

Now going through the purchase document of Peterson Rd. home that apparently was in George and Jake's name.

They also had copies of Tabitha Claytor's driver's license and Social Security card. Lots of other documents, including a business card from a Tattoo parlor - agents previously testified in pretrial George and Jake got matching tattoos of the dead man's hand post murders

In a box called important documents, printouts of Facebook messager conversations - remember previously Angela accused of hacking into accounts and seeing other messages

Prosecutors try to introduce legal bills about custody dispute, leading to long bench conference about evidence again

One of those documents shows a phone conference over custody of child following death of Hanna Rhoden -takes place on April 23, 2016 - the day or two after the murders.

Now onto Walmart receipt- shows two pairs of shoes being bought April 7 2016 - same styles as prints at crime scenes

Receipt.jpg

Eveslage says they knew about the shoeprints by that point so were on the lookout for anything from Walmart and she spotted that. Also found documents showing DNA testing for Kylie Rhoden shows Jake is NOT the father.

Correction: they have not said yet it did not ... but Hanna and others had identified Charlie Gilley as the biological father.

They were going over the receipt for the surveillance kit and DVR from Walmart, and now going on 15 minute break.

About to go into the evidence found at the other scene - perhaps getting into the laptops etc.

link: https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

There is only one tweet when they returned from break - so I will post the rest tomorrow morning.

Good night all! :)

James Pilcher
@jamespilcher
Afternoon session from Wagner murder trial in Pike County. First up is BCI analyst Julia Eveslage - who looked at phone and computer records in the case.

This is her third time testifying in the case. She is going to testify about the items found at the search warrant discussed this morning

Eveslage says they had heard the Wagners were moving, and the belongings in those trailers and trucks were part of moving out.

She was privvy to the different aspects of the case, including ballistics and shoe prints and previous records. She was there to look through documents etc. and other items.

Some items photographed and not collected, some that were collected and not photographed.

View attachment 371601 View attachment 371603

Angela's gmail password was "bulvinesophia" according to note found in George's truck

Notes from Angela notebook indicate Jake and Chris wrecked George's truck at 2 a.m. in late 2016 causing injuries including cracked ribs and multiple stitches.

Also looking at list of things possible for sale on Facebook including furniture etc.

They may have needed the passports to go to Alaska because they were crossing into Canada. They left for Alaska in June 2017.

Another tote from George’s truck. First document is custody of Sophia to Jake if Hanna Rhoden dies … supposedly signed by Hanna

Here’s the document

View attachment 371605

Now introducing that actual document, and it shows a date printed out from April 3, 2016, but it apparently has a signature from Hanna Rhoden in 2014. It was notarized by Angela Wagner's mother Rita Newcombe.

Same kind of document showing Jake signing over guardianship to Angela from 2015 if anything happened to him, but it was printed out in 2016.

Another appointment guardianship - from George to Angela if anything happened to his son Bulvine. Signed March 11 2015 but again printed out on April 3, 2016. @local12

Now moving on to certified letters sent from George's ex-wife Tabitha writing to say she wants to start her official visits.

Now going through the purchase document of Peterson Rd. home that apparently was in George and Jake's name.

They also had copies of Tabitha Claytor's driver's license and Social Security card. Lots of other documents, including a business card from a Tattoo parlor - agents previously testified in pretrial George and Jake got matching tattoos of the dead man's hand post murders

In a box called important documents, printouts of Facebook messager conversations - remember previously Angela accused of hacking into accounts and seeing other messages

Prosecutors try to introduce legal bills about custody dispute, leading to long bench conference about evidence again

One of those documents shows a phone conference over custody of child following death of Hanna Rhoden -takes place on April 23, 2016 - the day or two after the murders.

Now onto Walmart receipt- shows two pairs of shoes being bought April 7 2016 - same styles as prints at crime scenes

View attachment 371607

Eveslage says they knew about the shoeprints by that point so were on the lookout for anything from Walmart and she spotted that. Also found documents showing DNA testing for Kylie Rhoden shows Jake is NOT the father.

Correction: they have not said yet it did not ... but Hanna and others had identified Charlie Gilley as the biological father.

They were going over the receipt for the surveillance kit and DVR from Walmart, and now going on 15 minute break.

About to go into the evidence found at the other scene - perhaps getting into the laptops etc.

There is only one tweet when they returned from break - so I will post the rest tomorrow morning.

Thank you, much appreciated! Have a good night <3

The 303 could have been used had they chosen to, but there's been no mention of it so far except it being on the gun list and finding these spent casings.

Sorry, started to answer this, but had to head home from where I was.
I wonder if they practiced with a silencer on this gun and Jake will say that. These casings might show markings consistent with that? I know there was mention of them builing silencers and testing them so maybe these are relevant to that.

So Angela's calendar had numbers circled each week.

I am going to guess it is weeks of pregnancy circled on each week. I am guessing that is what is referenced by the 24 being circled. That was December and the end of that calendar. So 16 more weeks would put Kylie being born the 3rd week in April. Just ew. I am thinking that is how they knew when they could plan for this massacre.

Reams of miscellaneous notes about routine family life being read into evidence.
Taking up lots of time. Very boring and impossible to sort wheat from chaff. Does anyone know the significance?

Now back to shoes purchased at Walmart

Defense attorney and witness are together going through the tub of paper notes and letters and miscellaneous papers. Both are confused and seemingly overwhelmed with the paperwork mess.

Hope somebody makes some sense of this.

Reams of miscellaneous notes about routine family life being read into evidence.
Taking up lots of time. Very boring and impossible to sort wheat from chaff. Does anyone know the significance?

I think it will be important. There is lots of tidbits in all that.

1. Angela documented their bills and seems to have paid them. All of them, even her gown sons bills.
2. Sons purchased the home on Peterson Road with some cash
3. They were spending a lot of money on passports in the months leading up to them leaving for Alaska. More than maybe what is needed for actual passports.
4. Lots of intertwined live going on in all this mess.
5. Custody of Sophia was a factor. There was a system they had going for Sophia with Hannah having her and Jake having her some. The custody document Jake signed falsely a custody agreement giving custody to his mother, not Hannah.. why? George also signed a false custody document giving custody to his mom, not Tabatha.
6. There were private conversations printed out from FB messenger.. 100s of pages and they were not accounts from that house. So all hacked.

I know there is more these are the things I am recalling off the top of my head.

To confuse the jury so they will forget that at the end of week 4, still no evidence against George has been presented to them?

I think it will be important. There is lots of tidbits in all that.

1. Angela documented their bills and seems to have paid them. All of them, even her gown sons bills.
2. Sons purchased the home on Peterson Road with some cash
3. They were spending a lot of money on passports in the months leading up to them leaving for Alaska. More than maybe what is needed for actual passports.
4. Lots of intertwined live going on in all this mess.
5. Custody of Sophia was a factor. There was a system they had going for Sophia with Hannah having her and Jake having her some. The custody document Jake signed falsely a custody agreement giving custody to his mother, not Hannah.. why? George also signed a false custody document giving custody to his mom, not Tabatha.
6. There were private conversations printed out from FB messenger.. 100s of pages and they were not accounts from that house. So all hacked.

I know there is more these are the things I am recalling off the top of my head.
Passport amounts don't bother me, personally. Everyone wants their piece of the pie when it comes to government documents.

I'm wondering if the repeated passport amount was because it wasn't met the previous month? Therefore, carrying it over to the next month to see if they can meet their bills THAT month? It's not proper bookkeeping, but...everyone does their thing.

The attorney standing so close to her is intimidation. JMO

AC would walk up and hand each piece of paper to the witness.

His questions, IMO, are planting doubt.
But doubt of what? Was he trying to say they didn't label each paper? They had 2 calendars? George got mail in just his name so none of the other stuff matters? I don't know what he's trying to plant doubt about.

Listening to him I feel like I am listening to a politician that is trying to deflect things or answer a question with a question.

Do they teach this in defense school? :D

Anything that will be addressed by witnesses must be entered into evidence first, the person who collected it is a good one to have on the stand for some stuff, to give first hand context. It's tedious but necessary, helps to lay a foundation to chain of custody for items too. Blood evidence, DNA etc.. chain of custody is more important but so is this stuff if it comes into question.

Passport amounts don't bother me, personally. Everyone wants their piece of the pie when it comes to government documents.

I'm wondering if the repeated passport amount was because it wasn't met the previous month? Therefore, carrying it over to the next month to see if they can meet their bills THAT month? It's not proper bookkeeping, but...everyone does their thing.
I'll listen again for the rest, but for sure the first Passports $900 she said was marked paid. That was the first month. So then the next month $900, the next month $800, the next month $750. It could be that they owed that much, but I think when you get a passport you pay up front right? I had one once and I recall paying when I applied. Might be nothing, but I feel like the fact it was mentioned will come into play later. I think all these little notes and tidbits might be what gets tied up when Jake and Angela testify. Then it will connect things that we are hearing about now. They have to introduce it now.

I'll listen again for the rest, but for sure the first Passports $900 she said was marked paid. That was the first month. So then the next month $900, the next month $800, the next month $750. It could be that they owed that much, but I think when you get a passport you pay up front right? I had one once and I recall paying when I applied. Might be nothing, but I feel like the fact it was mentioned will come into play later. I think all these little notes and tidbits might be what gets tied up when Jake and Angela testify. Then it will connect things that we are hearing about now. They have to introduce it now.
I didn't hear/see that part about ALL the individual passport fees. Therefore, I retract my "doesn't bother me, personally." :)

Hopefully, JW or AW will expand on it.

Need to not post, have had headache all day....Just reading now. ;)

James Pilcher
@jamespilcher

View attachment 371601 View attachment 371603

Here’s the document

View attachment 371605

View attachment 371607

Good stuff!

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads