Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

I found this interesting snippet in the article:

Following the press conference, senior Tory MP Bob Blackman called on the Independent Office for Police Conduct, to look at the case. He called on the police watchdog to examine any contact Thames Valley Police had with Maxwell and the force's claims he evaded arrest 18 times.

Mr Blackman told MailOnline: 'This tragedy is just the sort of case the IOPC should review. It is heart-breaking for the family of Leah Croucher's family'. He added: 'This case is clearly not cut and dried – and it also shows the kind of sexual predators police have to deal with. They are often very clever at evading arrest'.

I wonder why this MP has got involved in the case? It's not even his constituency, he's MP for Harrow East. Interesting comment about the case not being 'cut and dried' though.

It's a route she often walked; she may be switched her location off on her way to wherever she was going. If she was indeed going to meet him, why would she need to hide her location? While it was apparently near that location it can't be pinpointed and remains on a route she would have used to go to multiple locations in MK.

If she had agreed to go there on her way to work the next morning, she would have left earlier to allow time for her to call in.

There are obviously questions about the night before she went missing, but I would imagine the theory many held from the start are probably correct about that night.
My guess would be that he (or someone else connected to all of this) told her to turn it off on both occasions, i.e. 14th and 15th, it’s an odd thing to do on your way to work. She most likely left the house at a normal time that morning to avoid her mum asking any questions. Perhaps it was her intention to call work and pretend she was sick so she could spend a day with someone. She looks young for her age and I suspect she would not want her parents to know she was meeting a 49 year old. I know I told fibs to my parents when I was a teenager/living at home and that was just to go places with friends they knew. Leah’s parents seemingly didn’t know who she had met the night before. There has to be a connection.

I can’t help but think that she met Nm the night before - don’t know where exactly. I find it weird that she should be secretly meeting a boyfriend that she didn’t want family to know about, and then be abducted by a complete stranger the next day. Idk, maybe it is possible?
Also I’m sure the police have checked every possible sex offender that might have a potential link - but did he? Did he come from but certainly his previous crime was in Newport pagnell. Until they found Leah’s body or possessions, then maybe the case just could not be solved. (I also think the secret boyfriend aspect has maybe thrown them off the scent for quite sometime, particularly as the family thought he was mixed up in her disappearance.)

After his death it would likely be difficult to link him to the house, they linked him to the house from the house but the reverse might not have been possible, and as to the 18 attempted arrest, they are referring to 18 addresses to attempt to make an arrest throughout the uk, not just TVP.. They tried the addresses they had from the information they had and also sent out notification to other forces who then tried the addresses they had, sometimes without a bit of luck it can be impossible to track someone who doesn't want to be found, regarding the sentences this excuse of a man received previously I think it's disgusting and as for the judge who failed to jail him in 2018 I have no words..

My guess would be that he (or someone else connected to all of this) told her to turn it off on both occasions, i.e. 14th and 15th, it’s an odd thing to do on your way to work. She most likely left the house at a normal time that morning to avoid her mum asking any questions. Perhaps it was her intention to call work and pretend she was sick so she could spend a day with someone. She looks young for her age and I suspect she would not want her parents to know she was meeting a 49 year old. I know I told fibs to my parents when I was a teenager/living at home and that was just to go places with friends they knew. Leah’s parents seemingly didn’t know who she had met the night before. There has to be a connection.

Her parents didn't see her the morning of her disappearance, so i don't think they would have been aware of what time she left the house.

I don't see why she would need to switch her location off if it was him she was meeting. He was a single man, yes older than her, but unknown to her and her family, so she could have said she was with anyone, she was a 19 year old, young woman, not a young teenager.

I don't think she switched her phone off either on the morning she disappeared, I think it was switched off by NM. The night before the location was switched off, not the phone.

I don't think there has to be a connection between the night before and the day she disappeared.

I think the idea they were seeing each other/having a relationship is far fetched

She was 19 and liked watching dvd’s, Harry Potter, Twilight, reading fanfic online, taekwondo etc, what on earth would they have in common? why would she be interested in someone John’s age she has clearly nothing in common with? plus he is hardly a ‘looker’

Doesn’t add up in the slightest

I can’t help but think that she met Nm the night before - don’t know where exactly. I find it weird that she should be secretly meeting a boyfriend that she didn’t want family to know about, and then be abducted by a complete stranger the next day. Idk, maybe it is possible?
Also I’m sure the police have checked every possible sex offender that might have a potential link - but did he? Did he come from but certainly his previous crime was in Newport pagnell. Until they found Leah’s body or possessions, then maybe the case just could not be solved. (I also think the secret boyfriend aspect has maybe thrown them off the scent for quite sometime, particularly as the family thought he was mixed up in her disappearance.)
He could have told Leah that he lived at that property, if a conversation has sparked up when she’s been walking past, perhaps he’d promised to take her out that day, got her to trust him, he might have been secretly meeting her after work, I would definitely think that work colleagues would have noticed a few things about a change in her behaviour if something like that was going on and yes perhaps they were focussing on the wrong man (the married one) - either way Leah seems to have got mixed up with older men, but why when her mum describes her as a girl who liked to watch children’s films etc in her bedroom?

I think the idea they were seeing each other/having a relationship is far fetched

She was 19 and liked watching dvd’s, Harry Potter, Twilight, reading fanfic online, taekwondo etc, what on earth would they have in common? why would she be interested in someone John’s age she has clearly nothing in common with? plus he is hardly a ‘looker’

Idk maybe not a relationship, just he’d spoken to her in days leading up to abduction. It is a bit far fetched to think she met him the night before, still I wish we knew what she did then.

But the reports suggest she was in the same area of that house (or at least her phone’s location was switched to off there) the evening before she disappeared, i.e. Valentine’s Day and she lied to her mum about where she went that evening - she wasn’t gone long, according to her mum it was around 75 mins but what was she doing during that time and why be secretive? Had she agreed to return the next morning on her way to work?
I guess it could be explained if it was something in her personal life IE seeing someone or she was having an affair with Mr X and that's explains why he didn't want to admit it , and this happened just randomly nothing connected..

Leah's parents said she liked Harry Potter and Twilight. As she was into those, and maybe fanfiction and was on related chat sites, is a 40+ yo going to be able to fake an interest in those to catch her attention? And how would he find her online anyway, out of the millions of HP fans online?
I think you have answered your own question. That would be a great way to pick up someone...

I'm not saying it happened and was likely more random . He probally had a fantasy of doing it and went out to find someone and Leah was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It does seem odd it was early but I guess maybe that is a pretty good time to do it. He must of planned it a bit , like how to do it. Or it was totally random? I do think he got away with it so long because of luck .

My first thought was it was someone who hid the body in the house well and moved out the country and couldn't be traced back..

Well, what a rollercoaster of a week. Like many others here, I am really surprised this seems to have been a stranger abduction / murder, but there are still several loose ends to tie up.

Why did Leah turn her location off on the way home the day before?
Who did she have her secret night with at the hotel a few weeks prior?
Who did she meet up with the night before she vanished?

I hope, now the pressure is off on whoever has those answers, that element of Leah’s life will become clearer (to her family, at least). Regardless of whether those answers are linked to her disappearance, there is no doubt that the secrecy and confusion led many, including me, to jump to conclusions.

We all want to understand why Leah died and, crucially, where and when. Otherwise there will forever be question marks and speculation about this case.

Maybe used fake account, fake age, fake interests. Like I said before I don't think this happened and was probally more random , wrong time at wrong place IMO

I absolutely agree, I can’t see him be the reason for the strange activity the night before.

And I think the strange activity the night before was coincidence to what actually happened to Leah, for whatever reason she met someone she didn’t want anyone to know about, could be an early relationship or could be the relationship hinted to at early stages

Whilst Leah looked younger than her years she was a 19 year old adult who had the right to a personal life, and it hard to navigate that when living at home. Gosh I was even in a secret relationship around Leah’s age and if I had gone missing I can only imagine the same conclusion would be drawn as here.

I’m hoping NM as he kept some of her belongings with her one of those will be her mobile phone which hopefully hold some answers

He could have told Leah that he lived at that property, if a conversation has sparked up when she’s been walking past, perhaps he’d promised to take her out that day, got her to trust him, he might have been secretly meeting her after work, I would definitely think that work colleagues would have noticed a few things about a change in her behaviour if something like that was going on and yes perhaps they were focussing on the wrong man (the married one) - either way Leah seems to have got mixed up with older men, but why when her mum describes her as a girl who liked to watch children’s films etc in her bedroom?
I agree the idea of them is far fetched, but the comment re mum saying she’s into children’s films. Teenagers, remember she’s a young 19 year old, sometimes do hide stuff from the parents, and maybe give them one image, when they are secretly doing some thing else. Like seeing a married man ? Chances are she met someone secretly the night before or wanted to. Probably not NM, but who knows?

Her parents didn't see her the morning of her disappearance, so i don't think they would have been aware of what time she left the house.

I don't see why she would need to switch her location off if it was him she was meeting. He was a single man, yes older than her, but unknown to her and her family, so she could have said she was with anyone, she was a 19 year old, young woman, not a young teenager.

I don't think she switched her phone off either on the morning she disappeared, I think it was switched off by NM. The night before the location was switched off, not the phone.

I don't think there has to be a connection between the night before and the day she disappeared.
She told her parents she was going to see one of her friends the night before, someone they knew, so why switch off the location? After her disappearance the next day, her parents learnt that she had in fact not gone to that friend so she was hiding where she was truly going and so it follows that the location of the phone was switched off either by her or the person she met. NM was on the run so he will have been cautious about all of that and told her some other reason in an attempt to persuade her to switch off the phone’s location. IMO a 19 year old who watches children’s films in her bedroom is a young inexperienced woman when it comes to men, whatever their age but someone in their late 40’s with his track record is frightening!

I don’t think she was meeting anyone other than the person she was known to be in a relationship with from work, just because the location was turned off doesn’t mean she was at NM’s house these network locations have a range of around 400 yards so she would just have been within 400 yards of the house her possessions were found, most likely imho she was probably in the car of the person from work she was seeing and arranged to meet him in his car in the area

If she was secretly seeing NM then he will surely have been the secret hotel guy too

Thinking about it, I guess it’s the idea she was meeting someone the night before that had taken up so much police enquiry time. I can’t remember the percentage but isn’t it very high that someone who is murdered knows their murderer, or police assumed she’d disappeared at hands of someone she knew or self choice ? They’d have been scrutinising her family and friends for a long time, especially as the family knew about MrX. I also hate to say it but dad and brother’s behaviour would have been scruitinised. The night before is probably a huge red herring. What is probably the facts is a convicted sex offender is in empty house, near where young woman walks past regularly. He’s watched her and everyone else around for months, and the opportunity has arisen.

She told her parents she was going to see one of her friends the night before, someone they knew, so why switch off the location? After her disappearance the next day, her parents learnt that she had in fact not gone to that friend so she was hiding where she was truly going and so it follows that the location of the phone was switched off either by her or the person she met. NM was on the run so he will have been cautious about all of that and told her some other reason in an attempt to persuade her to switch off the phone’s location. IMO a 19 year old who watches children’s films in her bedroom is a young inexperienced woman when it comes to men, whatever their age but someone in their late 40’s with his track record is frightening!
A lot of what you say is true but as far as previous contact with NM in any other way than a brief connection when maybe passing the house over the previous weeks or months I would think unlikely, his MO from the past seems to be opportunist and sloppy, I think you are giving NM to much credit in the intelligence stakes and LC was young and inexperienced but I'm not sure about naive, I think any nice and trusting person could unfortunately find herself in a situation similar through no fault of their own.

I don’t think she was meeting anyone other than the person she was known to be in a relationship with from work, just because the location was turned off doesn’t mean she was at NM’s house these network locations have a range of around 400 yards so she would just have been within 400 yards of the house her possessions were found, most likely imho she was probably in the car of the person from work she was seeing and arranged to meet him in his car in the area

If she was secretly seeing NM then he will surely have been the secret hotel guy too
Would Leah and NM have needed to book a hotel seeing he had sole access to the empty house?

Would Leah and NM have needed to book a hotel seeing he had sole access to the empty house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000