Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #5

But in order to prove someone guilty of concealing HP's dead body, they'd have prove not only that the person was involved in putting her in the chute (or actively concealing her death) but also prove the person knew GP was dead when her body was put down the chute. (I certainly hope she was but I think there would need to be evidence of that for a criminal charge to be brought.) As the article linked above indicates, having knowledge there was a dead body or knowing/suspecting/later learning the body had been concealed wouldn't make a bystander guilty.

I can't seem to locate the exact date but by sometime in the first week of Nov LE had found HP's car, JW had had the dog back from the H&F for awhile and he had retrieved HP's laptop from her house, the FBI has searched her house guns drawn, and LE had "forensic evidence" from the H&F indicating HP was dead (although the announcement of that knowledge wasn't made until the end of Nov.) You could be right but I'm not sure how many promises of immunity from criminal prosecution would have been floating around before early Nov. I'm not really sure how those kinds of deals are made but I'm pretty sure most DA's don't want to be too quick to offer immunity when too little is known. No one wants to risk immunizing the wrong person. And I don't see how LE could make any promises about immunity from a civil suit.
JMO

Great post! Her Range Rover was found on Nov 4.

On November 4, 2021, Planck’s 2017 Range Rover was discovered in the subterranean parking garage of a residential building located several blocks from 1201 S. Hope Street.

Also, in order to get a jury to convict someone of concealing a dead body, you first have to convince that jury that there is a dead body, and without remains, it is certainly tougher to get a conviction. JMO

Last edited:
Pardon the pun, but if so, this smells like a cover up by building owners. Everyone knew she was missing.

Most building owners would make sure they found out who owned or rented the apartment where the incident took place, and at the least, recover costs from that person (even if they weren't there).

In some jurisdictions, there is a 'social host' liability for bad behaviour that happens in space they control (eg Airbnb)

MOO
Cover up by H & F, the 40th floor resident, now scrubbed, the cops, the mayor, Sugarman, et al

This Dateline Missing in America podcast about Heidi was hosted by Dateline's Josh Mankiewicz, who interviewed Heidi's ex, JW and Heidi's friend, Natalie...not a lot new except LAPD is now pretty much confirming they believe that Heidi was at a gathering with a lot of people at H+F and overdosed on something, had a medical event and died, and was thrown in the trash chute. Some vindication for the YouTubers who caught so much flack with the story that was reported in The Sun, as it seems to line up completely with what LAPD now believe. Sadly, it seems that with all that they believe they know, unless and until they may ever find Heidi's remains, I do not believe this case will ever move forward. It's now been more than 9 months. Far too long for any responsible for this to remain free. JMO

ttps://dateline-missing-in-america.simplecast.com/episodes/missing-heidi-planck-059Y1CY3
So it seems that several people were a part of this/witnesses/etc., and is it really possible that until now, not a single one has spilled the beans?

So it seems that several people were a part of this/witnesses/etc., and is it really possible that until now, not a single one has spilled the beans?

It certainly seems that the majority have remained quiet, or quiet enough that LE cannot charge anyone at this point. I think it is very likely that there were some big money people at that gathering, and people are either remaining quiet to cover their own presence and actions there, which may have had nothing to do, directly, with Heidi, and others are remaining quiet for fear of retribution from those who may have been directly involved. It has also been claimed that staff of H+F had been told not to talk about it. JMO

Dawn said that an off-duty concierge who used to date the eyewitness approached them during the conversation and asked what they were talking about.

The pair started bickering amongst themselves and the argument moved outside of the common room to the hall area.

Dawn said it escalated to the point where a building manager and a security guard came over.​

“All three of them were telling her that she should not be talking about it...

Last edited:
I am wondering about the possibility of some kind of negotiated settlement for Heidi's son and involving the H&F building, the unit's owner, and various insurance companies.

That's the kind of thing that goes on behind closed doors...not necessarily a coverup, but avoiding a civil court case.

JMO

The case of missing Los Angeles mother Heidi Planck is now a likely homicide investigation by the LAPD, according to a prosecutor who is pursuing a case against the indicated owner of the company where she worked, court records now reveal.
Jim-Wayne-Heidi-Planck_photos_v2_custom_1500x1000px-1068x712.jpg

The comment on the possible killing of the 39-year-old, who mysteriously vanished in October, came from Securities and Exchange Commission lawyer Nancy Brown in a court hearing for Jason Sugarman, a minority owner of the Los Angeles Football Club and the son-in-law of the Los Angeles Dodgers owner and Hollywood mogul, Peter Guber. Sugarman was charged in a June 26 SEC complaint in connection with an elaborate scheme he allegedly participated in with others to bilk the Wakpamni Lake Community Corp., a Native American tribal corporation, into issuing $60 million worth of bonds.

Sugarman’s attorneys now argue that the government accepted “stolen property” when Planck’s ex-husband, Jim Wayne, handed over to law enforcement five boxes of documents labeled “Camden” along with a company laptop found in her rented Culver City townhouse following her disappearance; investigators have said that they’ve wondered how a woman making $145,000 annually could afford to rent such property.

“In October 2021…we learned that Ms. Planck has gone missing [in a case that] may in fact be now a homicide investigation by the LAPD,” Brown said in the April hearing regarding the documents; a transcript of the hearing was posted to the docket in Sugarman’s case last week. “The disturbing thing for us was not only that Ms. Planck had disappeared, but that we had also learned that Mr. Sugarman had called Ms. Planck’s ex-husband demanding that Ms. Plank’s ex-husband enter the apartment and retrieval (sic) laptops which he claimed were his. And they also learned that Mr. Sugarman was filmed visiting her house after her disappearance.”

38-year-old California mother Heidi Planck was last seen leaving her 10-year-old son’s football game in Downey, California on October 17, 2021. Her ex-husband, Jim Wayne, reported her missing three days later when she failed to pick their son up from school. Hours after Heidi was last seen, her dog was found on the 28th floor of an apartment building in downtown Los Angeles. Dateline’s Josh Mankiewicz speaks with Jim Wayne and one of Heidi’s close friends.

Last edited:
The case of missing Los Angeles mother Heidi Planck is now a likely homicide investigation by the LAPD, according to a prosecutor who is pursuing a case against the indicated owner of the company where she worked, court records now reveal.
Jim-Wayne-Heidi-Planck_photos_v2_custom_1500x1000px-1068x712.jpg

The comment on the possible killing of the 39-year-old, who mysteriously vanished in October, came from Securities and Exchange Commission lawyer Nancy Brown in a court hearing for Jason Sugarman, a minority owner of the Los Angeles Football Club and the son-in-law of the Los Angeles Dodgers owner and Hollywood mogul, Peter Guber. Sugarman was charged in a June 26 SEC complaint in connection with an elaborate scheme he allegedly participated in with others to bilk the Wakpamni Lake Community Corp., a Native American tribal corporation, into issuing $60 million worth of bonds.

Sugarman’s attorneys now argue that the government accepted “stolen property” when Planck’s ex-husband, Jim Wayne, handed over to law enforcement five boxes of documents labeled “Camden” along with a company laptop found in her rented Culver City townhouse following her disappearance; investigators have said that they’ve wondered how a woman making $145,000 annually could afford to rent such property.

“In October 2021…we learned that Ms. Planck has gone missing [in a case that] may in fact be now a homicide investigation by the LAPD,” Brown said in the April hearing regarding the documents; a transcript of the hearing was posted to the docket in Sugarman’s case last week. “The disturbing thing for us was not only that Ms. Planck had disappeared, but that we had also learned that Mr. Sugarman had called Ms. Planck’s ex-husband demanding that Ms. Plank’s ex-husband enter the apartment and retrieval (sic) laptops which he claimed were his. And they also learned that Mr. Sugarman was filmed visiting her house after her disappearance.”

38-year-old California mother Heidi Planck was last seen leaving her 10-year-old son’s football game in Downey, California on October 17, 2021. Her ex-husband, Jim Wayne, reported her missing three days later when she failed to pick their son up from school. Hours after Heidi was last seen, her dog was found on the 28th floor of an apartment building in downtown Los Angeles. Dateline’s Josh Mankiewicz speaks with Jim Wayne and one of Heidi’s close friends.
Hmmm. I don't recall ever reading that "Mr. Sugarman had called Ms. Planck’s ex-husband demanding that Ms. Plank’s ex-husband enter the apartment and retrieval (sic) laptops which he claimed were his." All I read was JW knew he wanted stuff back because he heard JS in the background when he was talking to JS's assistant. Why would JS think JW would have a key to HP's house? (I do agree with JS's counsel it was very weird for JW to take stuff. Essentially he did steal it.)
JMO

The comment on the possible killing of the 39-year-old, who mysteriously vanished in October, came from Securities and Exchange Commission lawyer Nancy Brown

“In October 2021…we learned that Ms. Planck has gone missing [in a case that] may in fact be now a homicide investigation by the LAPD,” Brown said in the April hearing regarding the documents
In my opinion, this should not be construed as an official announcement in the case of Planck's death. Brown made this comment back in April 2022 and apparently assumed that (a finding of homicide) would be the outcome of a pending investigation. She did not have a position with the prosecutor's office or LE, in the city or county of Los Angeles, so ,the comment should not have been attributed to a prosecutor, with the implication that they were involved in the death investigation.
Edited to add, the court litigation described in the article, is in New York. In my opinion, early speculation that Planck's employment and/or ex-spouse had something to do with her disappearance, was disproven.

Last edited:
Can anyone answer?
The place where her vehicle was found. Was it logical that Heidi parked there and walked to the place of the party?
Or, did someone possibly move her vehicle?
IMO She could have parked much closer - there was a ground level parking lot nearby that made a lot of sense, so I have always assumed the car was moved to the underground garage after her death to make the car harder to locate.

IMO She could have parked much closer - there was a ground level parking lot nearby that made a lot of sense, so I have always assumed the car was moved to the underground garage after her death to make the car harder to locate.
I don't think we really know where her Range Rover was located. It was said by LE to have been found in an underground garage a few blocks from H+F, but it has also been alleged that that is not really where it was found. JMO

I don't think we really know where her Range Rover was located. It was said by LE to have been found in an underground garage a few blocks from H+F, but it has also been alleged that that is not really where it was found. JMO
And wasn't there some sort of event going on at the Staples Center that might have made parking more complicated?

Here we are, Oct 17, 2022. One year since Heidi Planck walked away from her son's football game at halftime, apparently drove to downtown LA, and soon after, disappeared from the area of Hope + Flower luxury high rise, where it is thought she may have attended a party in the penthouse. To this day, she has never been found, and no arrests have been made in a case filled with high-power connections.

We will never forget you, Heidi. Someone knows what happened, and I pray that perhaps this anniversary will spark them to come forward with answers that will lead to your remains, and lead to prosecution of anyone who played a role in your death, or the cover-up of it. JMO

Last edited:
There is an update on FindHeidiPlanck. They've put up billboards in four locations this week. Hopefully they get some new info!

bf4f42_ea5e11b74dee4d0681e36ed9fcec7c19~mv2.jpg

bf4f42_53979c8aa4d14afbb2824f2b60bd3bb3~mv2.jpg

[HP’s ex-husband] says he talks to police often and they assure him they are actively working this case. He hopes that awareness will keep Planck’s memory alive and one day bring closure to her loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv
Back