Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #149

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the hope all along, and I’m glad it worked out.
When we learned that Kline had communicated with one of the girls, and perhaps planned to meet them that very day, I was convinced he was involved; this was just way too big a coincidence, considering his background.

That being said, I figured that meant he was the killer. Today's developments seem to indicate otherwise, but it seems pretty clear the investigation into him brought law enforcement to this moment.

Yes I also recall in the early days of this crime any time a photo or video was publicized noticing at least a couple of similar men who could’ve fit the bill by clothing alone. And also more than once LE cautioning SM to quit posting side by side FB photos, suggesting there was no lack of possible suspects. So that now some people might wonder why this suspect wasn’t immediately identified I think is an unfair burden to place on Delphi locals and LE. This never was a solvable internet crime and nothing about either the video or sketches indicated truly unique aspects or features beyond an obvious caucasian male. JMO
I agree. There was really nothing distinctive about his appearance. Yes he did bear a resemblance to the sketches, but it wasn't that obvious and with all the side by sides circulating, that caused frenzy and turned out not to be him, I understand 100%. Placing blame on people for not recognizing him from the only true confirmed evidence, the video of BG, which was so grainy and blurry, just seems like misplaced blame. Internet sleuths were never going to crack this case IMO.

what Is remarkable is it seems like he was out and about the small town, working at pharmacy, going to pubs, etc and he looks enough like BG that it is kinda surprising that in five years no one ever thought “hey the pharmacy technician looks like BG?” plus It seems like he started working as a tech after the murders: it seems odd if you had just committed a murder a few months before and bear a resemblance to the sketch that you would then take a public facing job where you come in contact with a lot of random people who potentially could turn you in

wonder what his personality was like but he could have been so sweet to people and that dissuaded people from thinking it was him. otherwise I can’t see how given the publicity of this case and the fact he was RIGHT THERE for 5 years and looks like BG that someone would not have brought him up sooner.

I expect it was a crime of opportunity. Oftentimes the simplest answer is this answer. Reminds me a bit of BTK case in that killer was just so normal, normal family life, what looks to be normal marriage. That is the really scary part. The police were right though as they certainly got the profile right, I wonder if he was on their radar for years (just noticing him in Cvs really) but just had nothing to connect him

When we learned that Kline had communicated with one of the girls, and perhaps planned to meet them that very day, I was convinced he was involved; this was just way too big a coincidence, considering his background.

That being said, I figured that meant he was the killer. Today's developments seem to indicate otherwise, but it seems pretty clear the investigation into him brought law enforcement to this moment.
Could RMA have been using the A-S account to set up the meeting with them? I think the A-S log in info was available to others via the Dropbox

My hunch is there will be a connection with KK's online crimes. Speculation at this point, of course. Those crimes are infuriating enough, but the idea of someone "normal" with a respectable job and seemingly regular and stable life (at least looking at it from afar) could be involved with that kind of crime is so upsetting. Understatement, I know.

LE kept saying they need ONE PIECE of information to nail the guy. What was the one piece?? KK to give up the goods??

jmo

Way back then the one piece hoped for from a tip was the identity of the suspect.

I’m not convinced KAK or his father are connected but I sure could be wrong. Maybe MS’s breaking news leaks simply took the heat off RMA? What guilty person wouldn’t be enthusiastic of the notion that someone else was about to take the fall. JMO

I guess my thinking is, even if a customer when he was a pharm tech did notice a resemblance to BG, they might have either a) convinced themselves it was just a coincidence (the information and details about BG's appearance and apparel was unintentionally vague enough to cover just about every 20-50 y/o white male in the area) or b) wanted to say something to LE, but thought it wouldn't be taken seriously and/or felt they didn't have enough information to go off of and/or didn't want to assume the worst about the random CVS pharm tech.

After reading that LE dug up his fire pit it got me thinking that mabe his wife finally got the truth out of him?

She could always have had her suspicions and slowly got him to confess and then went straight to LE?

Just a different spin on many different theories.

Way back then the one piece hoped for from a tip was the identity of the suspect.

I’m not convinced KAK or his father are connected but I sure could be wrong. Maybe MS’s breaking news leaks simply took the heat off RMA? What guilty person wouldn’t be enthusiastic of the notion that someone else was about to take the fall. JMO
Strictly MOO - I think the media focus on the Klines may have been strategic in part to make Allen feel comfortable and like he was off the hook and had gotten away with it as they were narrowing in on him. A TON of followers of the case were certain KAK was the killer, or AK, or both.

After reading that LE dug up his fire pit it got me thinking that mabe his wife finally got the truth out of him?

She could always have had her suspicions and slowly got him to confess and then went straight to LE?

Just a different spin on many different theories.
JMO - I have a strong feeling the case was cracked either by his wife (or possibly another family member) finding out the truth and turning him in, or DNA match. Anything else I'm not seeing as likely. MOO.

I don’t know the answer to this, I’m curious if anyone knows. Have any investigators or sleuths ever taken the original photo of bridge guy taken by Abby me Libby(not the composite sketch) and then gone to the bridge and have someone stand in the same spot and take a photo and compare photos to discern just how tall bridge guy was, by estimating respective to the surroundings and such?

I‘m not even sure if that would be possible considering, I’m not an expert on those types of things.
you could figure it out from knowing the width of the bridge

I guess my thinking is, even if a customer when he was a pharm tech did notice a resemblance to BG, they might have either a) convinced themselves it was just a coincidence (the information and details about BG's appearance and apparel was unintentionally vague enough to cover just about every 20-50 y/o white male in the area) or b) wanted to say something to LE, but thought it wouldn't be taken seriously and/or felt they didn't have enough information to go off of and/or didn't want to assume the worst about the random CVS pharm tech.
This is true, but this is also why this went unsolved for some long. Given the publicity of the case, i am just surprised someone didn’t feel creeped out by him, whether it be from the pharmacy, friend of child or wife, somebody with a hunch. the description was generic but it was not that generic that over 5 years someone wouldn’t have thought it could have been him, especially since LE were pretty clear they thought it was someone from the town itself and not a random drifter. How many chubby middle age men with a goatee who dresses casually could there be in that small town? Sure a few hundred I guess but it will be interesting to see if they had ever interviewed him in the years before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member