Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I've been reading this for years. He knew it too, and must have seen them everywhere he went and just got so accustomed to it, it didn't even phase him anymore.

jmo

It may well be what you say, that he grew accustomed to seeing the posters and it didn't faze him.

It would certainly be difficult, in such a small town, to avoid seeing them in every conceivable setting.

IMO it may also be that he thoroughly enjoyed seeing sketches of himself under the very noses of the whole town, without anyone realizing that it was him.
A power trip, an ego trip, a sense of superiority.

Perhaps a sense of relief as the days and years rolled by, believing that if no one figured it out by now, that he'd committed the perfect crime and gotten away with it.

But his day has come. Thank God.

I'm throwing out this request.....does anybody remember or have a link to the names of the three people who actually found the bodies?......because IIRC, they were located in an area that would not be found easily....and was this POI involved in the search....someone on facebook said yes....tia

I do believe that DNA has played a role in this arrest. There are so many advancements in the science made in recent years. Even hair without a root can be used now. And examination of geneology may have played a part. And that can all take a long time.

In addition, I suspect that there are one or more people close to him who suspected or knew that RA was the perp. Fear may have been a powerful motivator for keeping quiet. And LE may have been talking to one or more of these people, for years even, and hoping that they would someday work up the courage to tell.

There may have been a few or many who did not really know him, who suspected RA based on his looks or voice or gait; and even tipped him in, but you can't arrest someone just because they have deep-set eyes like the sketch and wear a blue jacket and walk a certain way.

Last edited:
I do believe that DNA has played a role in this arrest. There are so many advancements in the science made in recent years. Even hair without a root can be used now. And examination of geneology may have played a part. And that can all take a long time.

In addition, I suspect that there are one or more people close to him who suspected or knew that RA was the perp. Fear may have been a powerful motivator for keeping quiet. And LE may have been talking to one or more of these people, for years even, and hoping that they would someday work up the courage to tell.

There may have been a few or many who did not really know him, who suspected RA based on his looks or voice or gait; and even tipped him in, but you can't arrest someone just because they have deep-set eyes like the sketch and wear a blue jacket and walk a certain way.
i think fear as a motivator is an excellent point. imagine if the thought did cross one’s mind that it could be their father, spouse, close friend who did this. how terrifying would that be? the particulars of the case just make it impossible to fathom what that would feel like.

It will be interesting to see if RA was in fact questioned early on in the investigation. My thoughts following the April 22, 2019 PC was that they had missed something early on in the investigation and were shifting gears. It was said that the person responsible was among them, watching, perhaps IN the room. I don’t have the link at the moment, so MOO.
Can’t wait to hear how long they have suspected him.

Thinking of Abby and Libby’s families. They’ve been through a lot since the girls were murdered. I’m sure this arrest has afforded them some peace, knowing someone will be held accountable for their terrible loss. I just can’t imagine the pain of going through a trial. :(

MOO wasn’t the RA home burn pit searched by warrant a week ago?

I missed the whole thing, but in any case that was a big warning to RA.
I can't understand why they would search and not take him into custody then. Why give him time to get rid of anything hidden, warn anyone else that may be involved, or take himself out? They know more than I do but for a department that has been hush hush, that would have certainly showed their hand to RA.

I can't understand why they would search and not take him into custody then. Why give him time to get rid of anything hidden, warn anyone else that may be involved, or take himself out? They know more than I do but for a department that has been hush hush, that would have certainly showed their hand to RA.
I imagine he was under heavy surveillance for that very reason :) MOO

I suspect that many men who are 5'4" might wear shoes with thick soles or with inserts to add a couple of inches to their appearance. That could easily explain the height estimate starting at 5'6". MOO

Only on that bridge, his shoes didn’t look like having thick soles. Maybe inserts. I assume whoever the witness was, compared his height with own, hence, around 5’6”. However, calculating the height from the shadow on the photo appeared to give very close results. I would not be surprised if the man ends up being closer to 5’5” then 5’4”; or else, aging plays its role.

DBM double post.

What if someone very close to him did go to the police. They could have possibly given the police a lot of information that they needed and thus they started investigating him, But they had to continue to act like they trusted him moo

I would not be surprised if he kept his interests well-hidden from wife and family. Plus, it is easy for us humans to deceive ourselves. A scratch? Oh, it was a cat. Blood? Oh, a deer. Even if someone had a moment of suspicion, it could be “what even comes into your head?”

I wonder if any of the witnesses (who aided in the sketches) are local to Delphi. If so, I wonder if RA also saw these witnesses on the bridge that day. If so, it seems RA might have behaved differently (nervous/jittery) if he saw them in the months and years that have followed... possibly at his job or elsewhere in the Delphi area.

(I shared similar thoughts earlier but quoted a post that was since deleted so I'm trying again as a standalone ;))
IMO, yes, the other witnesses are local

What if a young witness did see him, spoke to him and he ignored her ??

Why did he choose Libby & Abby instead of another girl ??

Why choose 2 instead of one ??

What if someone very close to him did go to the police. They could have possibly given the police a lot of information that they needed and thus they started investigating him, But they had to continue to act like they trusted him moo
I could be wrong, but I suspect RA was tipped in early on and possibly also interviewed. It’s possible someone ran interference and drew LE’s eyes away from him initially. I wouldn’t be surprised if the April 22, 2019 PC was when they started looking back at earlier interviews and started taking a closer look at locals. All MOO :).

I wonder if any of the witnesses (who aided in the sketches) are local to Delphi. If so, I wonder if RA also saw these witnesses on the bridge that day. If so, it seems RA might have behaved differently (nervous/jittery) if he saw them in the months and years that have followed... possibly at his job or elsewhere in the Delphi area.

(I shared similar thoughts earlier but quoted a post that was since deleted so I'm trying again as a standalone ;))

I think it’s likely he wouldn’t have recognized those witnesses again if he had seen them on the bridge. He was likely preoccupied with his mission. And people are varied in their facial recognition ability, especially in a different context. I doubt I’d recognize the medical assistant at my doctor’s office if I saw her at the grocery store. But my husband, who is almost in the “super recognizer” category very likely would. If RA was average, he likely wouldn’t be nervous or jittery if he saw them again because he wouldn’t recognize them. JMO

I want to put it out there that I’m thoroughly impressed with Carter and everyone working on this case. I was impressed from the start but have to admit I had started to question Carter’s comments at that one press conference in which he stated there has been a change in the investigation. He seemed so certain of his words and how he was describing the murderer so I just knew it wouldn’t be long…but it was long and I started to lose faith. I began to doubt that LE actually knew as much as Carter made it seem. I started to believe he was just eccentric and there was little behind his words. BOY was I WRONG! He described this guy (if this is truly the guy) very accurately. Below are just a few comments but I recall others that match.

“We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here.”

“We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 (okay this was wrong) but might appear younger than his true age.”

“We believe you were hiding in plain sight.”

“…I believe that when an arrest is made — and I still think that will happen, that we’ll be able to lay those two sketches over one another and remove them and find the face of the killer.”

Now, I’m curious if he was accurate about these comment:

“We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you.”

“We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders.”

“No, and I hope one day [when the case is solved] that everyone knows what we know, and I think you’ll be surprised.”

All taken from press conferences, interviews, and this link Indiana State Police leader on Delphi murders: 'I wish we could tell people what we know'

I want to say that I’m sorry for any doubts that I had but have always supported LE conducting this investigation.

All IMO
One wonders if the portrait of YBG was more the work of DNA profiling, and maybe, just maybe, the fact that he looked younger came from the same analysis. (If, for example, they saw “Methuselah gene” in partial DNA or whatever they had to work with).

It would be not implausible if the good psychological portrait is merely the work of FBI psychologists. I doubt LE knew who it was.

It remains to be seen whether RA was in LE’s initial “short list” of names.

But what matters is, they found him! Or so we all hope.

Only on that bridge, his shoes didn’t look like having thick soles. Maybe inserts. I assume whoever the witness was, compared his height with own, hence, around 5’6”. However, calculating the height from the shadow on the photo appeared to give very close results. I would not be surprised if the man ends up being closer to 5’5” then 5’4”; or else, aging plays its role.
In all the pics where he's standing next to his wife, he appears taller than her, so unless she's a <modsnip> and it doesn't look like it, I agree he's closer to 5.6.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may well be what you say, that he grew accustomed to seeing the posters and it didn't faze him.

It would certainly be difficult, in such a small town, to avoid seeing them in every conceivable setting.

IMO it may also be that he thoroughly enjoyed seeing sketches of himself under the very noses of the whole town, without anyone realizing that it was him.
A power trip, an ego trip, a sense of superiority.

Perhaps a sense of relief as the days and years rolled by, believing that if no one figured it out by now, that he'd committed the perfect crime and gotten away with it.

But his day has come. Thank God.

Yes living in the same community hearing local talk and seeing all those posters he would've had to became a master of disassociation. It may have rattled him a might when the emphasis was put back on a Delphi local in 2019 however the sketch depicted a man who was a far younger looking person than he. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member