Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know, it was a live report
I grabbed a couple screenshots but they're tough to make out. Looks like maybe a black suv on the tow truck.

Attachments

• 9A78660B-A6D0-47B4-894E-A51AE88F4C2C.jpeg
    9A78660B-A6D0-47B4-894E-A51AE88F4C2C.jpeg
    495.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 64727B69-7EBC-4AD2-BDCE-E22FD2E11351.jpeg
    64727B69-7EBC-4AD2-BDCE-E22FD2E11351.jpeg
    424.5 KB · Views: 221
Abby & Libby Press Conference
Monday, October 31 2022
Notes
(WS/M25)

• Disclaimer, these are loose, transcriptional notes of some snippets for reference purposes, and may not, likely will not, be an exact, perfect translation.

PART 1:

Introductory speaker:

“We will not discuss evidence as related to this investigation.”

——

ISP Superintendent Doug Carter:

“We are going to continue a very methodical approach to ensure that if any other person had any involvement in these murders in any way, that person or persons will be held accountable.”

[...]

“This is really important. While I know you are all expecting final details today concerning this arrest, today is not that day. Today is not that day. This investigation is far from complete, and we will not jeopardize it’s integrity by releasing or discussing documents and information before the appropriate time.

Prosecutor M will share additional information about what we can and can not say and will explain to you why the probable cause affidavit is temporarily sealed by the court and not available. And by the way he has been a tremendous, tremulous asset to this team.

I am yet again asking you for your patience and please your understanding while the system of due process works.

Also remember that all persons arrested are presumed innocent, all persons arrested are presumed innocent.

You all will have an innate desire subjectively to interpret and then report what you think. We in the law enforcement realm can not, and will never allow us to, talk about what we think concerning facts, but rather discuss and share (feed cutting out) at the right time what it is we know. The time will come when additional details will be released, but again today is not that day.”

(Feed skipped)

“The prosecutor has been very clear with law enforcement about what his expectations are, what can and can not be released, shared, or discussed, so we will of course comply. If you choose to be critical of our silence, be critical of me, not the front line. These are people that have committed their entire lives to a successful conclusion, in other words a guilty verdict.

As we move to the next phase of this investigation I will continue to offer all resources that the ISP has. It’s not only the investigative team I anticipate growing, but also to prosecutor M as we prepare for the coming months, again (*) has been very resolute and very clear, and I am most grateful for his leadership, and it’s going to be really important as we move forward.

Please continue offering tips that you may want to share. The many avenues will remain open and will be available to all. Please continue doing that.”

[...]

“...Remember we’re not done.

I think what we all had experienced proves that together there is nothing we can not do, but more importantly, giving of ourselves, all of us, all of us, giving of ourselves matters more than we could ever receive.

Abby and Libby, al though in death, have had a profound effect on so many of us, on how we live, and as importantly, who we all should be.”

Last edited:
Why did he chose to kill2 girls at the same time? If he did not have anybody particular in mind to kill, a single victim would be way easier
Victims freeze and comply when they are out gunned or out numbered. Which we don't have info on yet. This is also why many homicide victims do not show defensive wounds. Imo.

"One of my servers was telling me that he wouldn’t speak much; his wife would order the food and that they would split it,” said Chandler Underhill, General Manager at the Brick & Mortar Pub. “He didn’t really speak.”

Sorry if it's been discussed, but I can't help but wonder if the sharing of food and not speaking was something that developed after the events in 2017. If it's true. IMO. Link

Why did he chose to kill2 girls at the same time? If he did not have anybody particular in mind to kill, a single victim would be way easier
Usually safer in numbers but in this case if he wanted one of the girls the other one was collateral damage; they were both so young a concealed carry could do the trick to intimidate them both into obeying. Their loyalty for each other could also ensure neither took off alone. So he stumbles across “prey“on a walk that day that suit his disgusting and evil desires and proceeds slaughtering the innocents. In some ways I am glad there are so little details so no copy cat killers repeat this truly horrific crime. God bless the girls and normally I am against the death penalty but in this case I’d hang him (for the government, not vigilante) myself.

id say the one part of my criminal profile that was totally wrong is that ( he was a loner living by himself possibly in the wild )
its just caused by few things.. the way he looked ..which i know was partly disguise
him ignoring the phone
and killing in a very exposed location in a very small town.. now killing very close to home isnt a novelty but it stays unusual
the very small town where everybody must know everybody illusion is another red herring

"One of my servers was telling me that he wouldn’t speak much; his wife would order the food and that they would split it,” said Chandler Underhill, General Manager at the Brick & Mortar Pub. “He didn’t really speak.”

Sorry if it's been discussed, but I can't help but wonder if the sharing of food and not speaking was something that developed after the events in 2017. If it's true. IMO. Link
I also thought this was interesting.. doesn't want people to recognize his voice and sharing food may contaminate DNA.. MOO but I suspect it was his wife who tipped off police, how horrible for her. I also have suspicions as to why Libby may have particularly been his target but they are too horrible to write about...all just speculation on my part.

LE has only released a small amount of information until this past summer. Pure guess- that release of partial interviews over the summer was strategic and it coincided with LE putting RA under surveillance including perhaps a digital surveillance warrant. He did something in the past few weeks to incriminate himself (such as destroying evidence, dumping evidence, contacting someone, logging into an account they are watching etc..). This will be the basis of the arrest on Friday. They want nobody to know what they did to get him, because they are still doing it.

I also thought this was interesting.. doesn't want people to recognize his voice and sharing food may contaminate DNA.. MOO but I suspect it was his wife who tipped off police, how horrible for her. I also have suspicions as to why Libby may have particularly been his target but they are too horrible to write about...all just speculation on my part.
I think we're on the same wavelengths

From this articles:
He is said to not be cooperating with authorities, according to WISHTV. He does not appear to have a prior criminal record and previously worked at the local CVS.

'It's a step in the right direction,' Nicholas McLeland, the Carroll County Prosecutor, said of Allen's arrest at a news conference on Monday.

He noted that it was 'disappointing' that the suspect is a local resident, and said he can now bring the evidence against Allen to court in the future trial.

But when asked whether anyone else may have been involved in the murders, McLeland simply said: 'We have not closed the door on this case.'

Two presser statements that were emphasized:

* ALL persons arrested are presumed innocent. (made me think of more than one person involved)
* Tip line remains open

I know I heard that it was tiny, but I couldn't tell you where I heard that. Could have been this broadcast, or it could have been something I watched last night.

I just found an upload of the HLN segment. I don't know if you have it on DVR, but the time on the chyron is 10:39 EST and it has to be AM because she is standing in front of the podium

Is it possible police bugged his residence at some point? Is that a thing in the U.S?

Also, I’m sure I read this morning, before the presser that Allen was NOT cooperating with LE? Is there more on that I may have missed?

I’m also wondering what his alibi was for that day….and how/who was it presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa