Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they said the backyard, but I'm not positive. If they had enough evidence to obtain a warrant for his home and car, they surely would have had enough to obtain a warrant to obtain DNA. So I think those are separate issues.
Sorry i'm late to the party tonight, but I just had a thought after reading this...They could have brought him in on Friday for SOMETHING (couldn't tell us what exactly though.) They interrogate him - give him a can of Coke or bottled water during that time. NOW they have a dna sample with a bullet-proof chain of custody. This is just speculating on my part, but I think they already had the killer's dna and used G.G. to narrow it down to one person (him) in theory. Now they need an actual legit sample to verify 1,000% they got the right guy. They can do a quick version of dna testing that can be done in a couple of days.

He gets arrested on Friday.
They get a sneaky sample from him while he's in custody.
Testing takes a couple of days.
Rock Solid dna match.
2 Murder charges on Monday.

This Could possibly explain the emotions vs just giving out straight details at the press conf. Maybe they were sure it had to be him but until that test came back they couldn't be COMPLETLEY sure and possibly blow the case they had. They didn't have time to prepare much more. To me this fits with the way they were talking and acting. JMO of course.

They would have needed a warrant from a judge to get his dna otherwise. After you're convicted it's easier for them to get your dna - but before being convicted, it's a complicated matter, even controversial. 4th amendment right against illegal search & seizure.

If all this has been brought up already I apologize! Just ignore me!!! Okay I'm going to try and catch up now.

If LE and FBI have the digital DNA and the biological DNA they could open a can of pedo worms. I think these men were in some kind of internet group sharing photos and communications about catfishing kids. I hope to GOD, LE is looking at CODIS in other cases. This man most likely has done this in the past or participated in something like this.
Hope u all had a fun Halloween. Nite. MOO.

Sorry i'm late to the party tonight, but I just had a thought after reading this...They could have brought him in on Friday for SOMETHING (couldn't tell us what exactly though.) They interrogate him - give him a can of Coke or bottled water during that time. NOW they have a dna sample with a bullet-proof chain of custody. This is just speculating on my part, but I think they already had the killer's dna and used G.G. to narrow it down to one person (him) in theory. Now they need an actual legit sample to verify 1,000% they got the right guy. They can do a quick version of dna testing that can be done in a couple of days.

Rock Solid dna match.

This Could possibly explain the emotions vs just giving out straight details at the press conf. Maybe they were sure it had to be him but until that test came back they couldn't be COMPLETLEY sure and possibly blow the case they had. They didn't have time to prepare much more. To me this fits with the way they were talking and acting. JMO of course.

They would have needed a warrant from a judge to get his dna otherwise. After you're convicted it's easier for them to get your dna - but before being convicted, it's a complicated matter, even controversial. 4th amendment right against illegal search & seizure.

If all this has been brought up already I apologize! Just ignore me!!! Okay I'm going to try and catch up now.
Exactly. Or he's a smoker and they have the cigarette butts

Last edited:
Anyone venture a guess as to how long it will be until we start to learn information that gives at least a little insight? I’m not expecting to know exactly what may have happened for a long time, if ever. But I feel like there is a middle ground that can provide some understanding. Will we know nothing until trial? Everything remains sealed?

MOD NOTE:

Several posts have been removed over the course of this evening. As a reminder, there has only been one arrest in this case. Although several people have been named POIs, they’ve not been charged with crimes in this case. General discussion of specifics involving these persons of interests should be contained to their particular threads.

Thanks,
Mad

“They won’t leave anything to chance, so they are not going to really share any information with the public that can harm the case”

''Lombardo says he believes that whoever committed the crimes in Delphi was what he calls a “disorganized killer”, and, he says, he believes the murders could have been a matter of the girls being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

“I think it was a crime of opportunity,” Lombardo said. “I think, and again I am just speculating, that he knew the girls were going to be there and that’s kind of the sign of a disorganized killer”.

Lombardo says, as a former detective, he understands that people working on the Delphi case have likely felt immense pressure from media, family and the public the last five years.''

Anyone want to share some thoughts on your opinions on possible IQ/intelligence level on this guy?
I've said it before, but I've always doubted Bridge Guy was as smart as someone like Robert Cooper, the LISK, etc. where they know perfectly how to be elusive and circumvent anything incriminating.

The brief details given out about the case seem to indicate that BG is probably average intelligence. Maybe when we look more into RA, I could be proven wrong.

A piece of jewelry that could tie you to 2 murders would be an odd (and stupid) thing to take, just to bury it, IMHO. You'd think someone taking a souvenir would want to look at it. Or maybe he places his lawn chair over that spot when he sat outside smoking and drinking beer as one poster here posted with a link (which I don't have at the moment). Souvenirs are really not a very smart thing to take as they can easily implicate you, or stack things against you when found.

This is perhaps a logical conclusion - that souvenirs are a stupid thing to take because they could implicate you if found. But IMO the type of killer who takes a souvenir is usually a sexually-motivated one (as many serial killers and child abduction/murderers are) so the reason the souvenir is taken is that there is an almost irresistible urge to use it to "re-live" the crime (aka, sexually). Looking at the object or even just having it hidden somewhere that only the offender would be arousing, and judged to be worth the risk. All JMO.

Anyone venture a guess as to how long it will be until we start to learn information that gives at least a little insight? I’m not expecting to know exactly what may have happened for a long time, if ever. But I feel like there is a middle ground that can provide some understanding. Will we know nothing until trial? Everything remains sealed?
Nothing until court/trial, jmo, unless somehow documents are leaked, hopefully something like that doesn’t happen to give grounds for mistrial, etc.

So imo basically still in the dark about everything we were before, but at least they have someone in custody. Finally.

This is perhaps a logical conclusion - that souvenirs are a stupid thing to take because they could implicate you if found. But IMO the type of killer who takes a souvenir is usually a sexually-motivated one (as many serial killers and child abduction/murderers are) so the reason the souvenir is taken is that there is an almost irresistible urge to use it to "re-live" the crime (aka, sexually). Looking at the object or even just having it hidden somewhere that only the offender would be arousing, and judged to be worth the risk. All JMO.
Yup, it starts with a fantasy, and even after the crime occurs, the fantasy lives on via trophies.

Does anyone think they had enough DNA to test from the scene? I wonder if they ever considered pretty much testing the adult males of the town. Cost?
Only if they volunteered. Couldn't force them and you couldn't hold it against them if they said no.

There will be a hearing on whether or not the AA is to be remained sealed. If the judge decides to keep it sealed, then I don't think we'll learn much. Unless, of course, someone else is charged as an accessory, or other.

So there will be a hearing in 30 days to determine what, if anything, can be unsealed. You can bet the media is going to be all over this, making their own filings.

That probable cause affidavit should answer many questions.

Rock Solid dna match.

This video is worth watching. IMO it leaves no doubt DC is 100% confident they got the right guy.

Only if they volunteered. Couldn't force them and you couldn't hold it against them if they said no.
Maybe not officially. You also aren't supposed to hold it against someone for not taking a polygraph. How many times have we seen it made public that people refused a polygraph (with the implication that they must have something to hide) ?

MOO

Does anyone think they had enough DNA to test from the scene? I wonder if they ever considered pretty much testing the adult males of the town. Cost?

There’s always the ole coffee cup trick, samples seized from trash put out on the curb which is technically public street property, cigarette butt if he smoked, ole stake out at restaurant silverware/cup/straw trick...if they wanted his DNA for comparison testing, assuming they have an original sample, they would have gotten it no problem under surveillance, even if he refused, imo. And it would all be legal, we’ve seen it a million times on countless true crime documentary shows, jmo.

Eta: I’ve seen when even perps are aware of this and try to cover their tracks, they make mistakes. I’ve seen where they collect their own butts after smoking, etc. thinking they’re ahead of the game.

They’ll get ya.

Last edited:
I think nobody is going to bury electric SA material in a hole in the cold, wet ground. No matter how well it was wrapped, it would relatively quickly be ruined by rain/wet soil conditions. MOO
Actually though, someone did literally do exactly this! The material was found buried under a dead dog in relation to the Madeline McCann investigation:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member