Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 October 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is exactly how a car gets narrowed down to a specific year(s). My husband can spot cars and what year they are from a mile away - and not just the same types as he has owned. He was born fluent in car. Despite trying my best to learn (even tried making myself flash cards once as this is a strong interest of his and I was trying to be able to be more a part of convo), I cannot speak car.

He cannot speak crochet hooks or yarn no matter how much he tries, so we are even.

I love this. I find it hugely amusing to make bets in my head as to how long it will take my husband's eyes to glaze over when I start talking about my passions :D

Last edited:
Maybe taillights, or trim, or a different feature like a sliding window or bumper shape that was unique to a certain year?

Yes, but those changes are usually associated with models in a given year. In other words, as a car-ish person, I would find it odd to recognize the specific year of a 90s-era truck, but not the model.

In this particular case, the only thing notable about 1998 models was the optional OnStar service and passlock theft protection, presumably not something visible outside the vehicle, at a distance.

IMO, due dates are strange. They should almost say 'we think the week of' as a specific date can cause more panic when she may still be pregnant a day or two after that specific due date.
Yeah that makes sense.

So if Ashley is due early Jan, would someone really try to take the baby so early? OTOH if she’s about to pop any day now or around Thanksgiving, I think someone would try to take the baby now or soon.

I keep thinking about “Lucy” driving right by the fiancé & him making eye contact with her - has he mentioned anything yet about seeing Ashley? Was she in the front seat? I could picture Ashley motioning to “Lucy” to pull in to the gas station or something like that. I think there would be frantic movement on her part once she realized “Lucy” wasn’t stopping.

MOO

Yes, but those changes are usually associated with models in a given year. In other words, as a car-ish person, I would find it odd to recognize the specific year of a 90s-era truck, but not the model.

In this particular case, the only thing notable about 1998 models was the optional OnStar service and passlock theft protection, presumably not something visible outside the vehicle, at a distance.
To add to this most vehicles don’t have changed each year, just each generation, so typically we’d see a year range based on the body style of the vehicle like 92-98 or 98-2004, depending on when there were changes.

Unless there was something specific about the vehicle for only one year.

Yeah that makes sense.

So if Ashley is due early Jan, would someone really try to take the baby so early? OTOH if she’s about to pop any day now or around Thanksgiving, I think someone would try to take the baby now or soon.

I keep thinking about “Lucy” driving right by the fiancé & him making eye contact with her - has he mentioned anything yet about seeing Ashley? Was she in the front seat? I could picture Ashley motioning to “Lucy” to pull in to the gas station or something like that. I think there would be frantic movement on her part once she realized “Lucy” wasn’t stopping.

MOO
That's exactly what I thought. At the minimum, wouldn't Ashley be pointing in the direction of her fiancé? Even before the panic? And if the company that "Lucy" supposedly worked for has no one by that name, what did the two women do all day? Where did this woman take Ashley? Ashley would have realized this was a scam early on. yes?

That's exactly what I thought. At the minimum, wouldn't Ashley be pointing in the direction of her fiancé? Even before the panic? And if the company that "Lucy" supposedly worked for has no one by that name, what did the two women do all day? Where did this woman take Ashley? Ashley would have realized this was a scam early on. yes?
Yes! That’s why I said yesterday that this was a very planned abduction, if “Lucy” was able to supposedly fake an hours long job interview. But then someone pointed out that it wasn’t a well planned abduction if “Lucy” drove right past the fiancé - why hadn’t she headed out of town with Ashley earlier?

MOO

Lucy had already met the fiancé twice, right? Once the week before at the library and earlier that day when he dropped Ashley off with Lucy? So Lucy already knew what he and his vehicle looked like.

I don’t even think I have a point. I’m just so confused about everything, none of it makes sense.

If Lucy is real, why haven’t they released pics or video of her?

The news video at this link has an interview with Ashley's fiance that clarifies a couple of details. He said that he and Ashley met Lucy on Friday for what they thought was the first of two job interviews. Lucy seemed nice and even offered them baby clothes. On Mon. when he was expecting Ashley to be dropped off at Handi-Mart and was waiting to pick her up, the tan pick-up truck arrived and Lucy looked directly at him and then kept on driving. He tried to chase after her, but by the time he could get to the top of the hill she wasn't in sight, so he doesn't know what direction she went. They contacted the company Lucy said she worked for. The company had never heard of her and said that they don't hire through Facebook. The sheriff has Ashley's phone. (This interview doesn't say how they found her phone, but there comments on the Benton County Sheriff's Office Facebook page that might give some indication of that.)

This really makes me think of Marlene Ochoa-Lopez

Lucy had already met the fiancé twice, right? Once the week before at the library and earlier that day when he dropped Ashley off with Lucy? So Lucy already knew what he and his vehicle looked like.

I don’t even think I have a point. I’m just so confused about everything, none of it makes sense.

If Lucy is real, why haven’t they released pics or video of her?
At the very minimum a sketch artist photo from the description the fiancé surely was asked to give. And I agree with you, I don't know exactly what my point is other than none of this is adding up.

the lack of a sketch bothers me a great deal. JW met with (saw) "lucy" at the public library meeting. She offered the couple baby clothes etc. Which indicates more than a saw her across a parking lot sort of interaction. He saw her again when dropping AB off at the second interview meetup (presumably) and then saw her a third time later that afternoon when she allegedly drove by without so much as acknowledging that he was there for AB.

How is there nota better description than this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304