ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This video (sorry it’s on TikTok) shows the interview with Snell and his quote about the roommates being witnesses or victims. You can see the reporter suggest “they are key”.

Reporter - You mentioned that there's an indication that it's an isolated, targeted, incident and there is an individual somewhere. Can you give us a reason as to why there's that belief there is a suspect? And can you also give a little more information on the forced entry? There's no sign of forced entry, but did it seem like any of the entries were left unlocked by any means?

Chief - I'll answer the last part there just because it's at the front end of my mind. We're not 100% sure if the door was unlocked. There were no damage to anything and the door was still open when we got there.
Is it just me or is this statement by the chief confusing? He says both “we’re not 100% sure if the door was unlocked” and “the door was still open when we got there”. Could that mean he isn’t sure it was unlocked when the killer gained access but it certainly was unlocked when LE arrived at the scene? And is he talking about the door by the parked cars, or the sliding glass door in the back?

Does anyone believe Greek Life had something to do with this? When I think about Kaylee, and her new car, graduating soon, ostensibly new job, etc., I can imagine a scenario where someone is extremely jealous of her. I wonder if it could be a person or persons who know her or know of her through Greek Life
I wonder if she bought the car or if it was gifted to her <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is that LE believes the suspect entered through the sliding glass door.

Were there signs of forced entry or was the door left unlocked?
Are sliding glass doors more secure than they used to be? I haven’t had one in many years, but, way back when, they were pretty easy to get into, even while locked. I never saw any evidence of forced entry after getting in while it was actually locked. We used to have the wooden stick in the track so that it couldn’t be broken into.

Is it just me or is this statement by the chief confusing? He says both “we’re not 100% sure if the door was unlocked” and “the door was still open when we got there”. Could that mean he isn’t sure it was unlocked when the killer gained access but it certainly was unlocked when LE arrived at the scene? And is he talking about the door by the parked cars, or the sliding glass door in the back?
If it wasn't unlocked when the killer(s) gained access and the door was not broken into, that would mean someone opened the door for the killer(s).

It's crazy. In some states they are part time school bus drivers. It doesn't pay well and it comes down to anyone who wants the job gets it. There are suicides ruled as murders, or murders ruled as suicides. It is a mess. imo.

In my state, we don’t have coroners. Autopsies are performed by medical examiners, who are physicians. Smaller counties, don’t typically have one. They typically pay medical examiners, in large metropolitan areas, to perform autopsies. All of that sounds fine and dandy, but…..

Autopsies are typically ordered by a justice of the peace. Here, we like to say there are two qualifications to be a justice of the peace. You have to be able to see lightening and hear thunder. I think having a pulse helps, but it’s probably not a requirement.

Who ever perp this horrible crime was covered in blood.
That is my thought but I'm not hearing anything about bloody footprints of the suspect, etc. unless I missed something.

MOO, but if there are windows and sliding doors that face the street or other houses, wouldn't the suspect worry about a possible sighting through the windows or glass doors if its still dark outside and lights are on inside? Unless he did this all in the dark?

IF there are no bloody footprints, etc. I wonder if we are dealing with someone in some sort of tactical gear and night vision goggles ala Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. This just seems like a too high risk of a crime for the perpetrator otherwise, IMO.

As far as the 4 students (Kaylee, Maddie, Xana, and Ethan).. seeing some of their social media pics and videos, they seemed like amazing friends, who were fun, were the bright spot in each other's lives, and looked out for each other. Made me realize I need more people like them in my life. May they rest in peace.

Unbelievable. I’m totally amazed that she is allowed to speak on this, nothing against her, releasing this info seems against what LE has been doing. Why not just release the whole report? Do they not run things by eachother? Did they want her to leak where the mortal wound was?
She looks extremely uncomfortable — both speaking about the multiple stabs (no throat slashes reported), and probably not knowing what information she can/should say. Maybe she wasn’t prepped well, IMO. (Probably also her first quadruple homicide, as well as many others’ there.)

Unbelievable. I’m totally amazed that she is allowed to speak on this, nothing against her, releasing this info seems against what LE has been doing. Why not just release the whole report? Do they not run things by eachother? Did they want her to leak where the mortal wound was?
My thoughts exactly. Seems very strange way to release this info. Interesting that she answers the question of if they were in separate rooms of the house saying, that hasn’t been disclosed, but then goes on to say other things that have not been disclosed.

They were in the Eliza ‘Liza’ Fletcher case.

Yes, that's it, thank you!

Considering the notoriety this case has already achieved, plus the impact on the entire University, I'm wondering if someone with a little more pull than the coroner can fast-track any analyses which can be "fast-tracked". Who that person might be I don't know: Idaho Senators or Governor?

Who knows, maybe a relative of the killer did the 23andMe thing. Or aren't there some companies doing characterizations based on DNA?

It might be useful to turn up the wick a bit, rather than just say tests take several (4-6?) weeks and then we'll see. Moo.

Are sliding glass doors more secure than they used to be? I haven’t had one in many years, but, way back when, they were pretty easy to get into, even while locked. I never saw any evidence of forced entry after getting in while it was actually locked. We used to have the wooden stick in the track so that it couldn’t be broken into.

Around here, they stopped putting sliding glass doors in houses, probably 25 years ago. I’m sure you could probably request one, in a custom build, but I never see builders installing those. There are more secure options available.

I rented an apartment, with a sliding glass door, about 30 years ago. Even then, there was some sort of a long, steel, locking bar, on the door and another device, that was a lock of sorts, with a pin , that went through both doors. These were in addition to the lock that was installed on the sliding door, when it was manufactured.
I never was just real comfortable with that sliding glass door, even with three locking devices on it. What I see today is more of a traditional style door, with double pane glass, in the center of the door, leading to patios and balconies. That’s not the most secure option, but I certainly think it’s better than a sliding glass door.

I don’t know how old the house in Idaho is. I’m going to speculate that it’s probably an older home, that was remodeled, at sone point and the sliding glass door was left in place. Again, that’s just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000