ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if mentioned, notice “people” was used in his last words instead of person, iirc, sorry half asleep, made me wonder if possibly more than one perp.

Eta:

ISP Director - “Good afternoon. My name is Kedrick Wills. I serve as a director of the Idaho State Police..”

[...]

“We want to do everything we can to make sure that this is done correctly and that the people that are responsible for this are brought to justice.”

Source - @Allabouttrial ’s transcript of 11/16 PC

—-

ETA: I would guess single perp, maybe he used “people” in place of “person or persons”, maybe they don’t know.

Last edited:
I agree 100% that they definitely know more than they’re divulging at this point. It’s a college town where people talk with a crime scene that likely included a lot of physical evidence and two survivors as well. I think they at least have a working theory or a few credible leads by this point.
At the very least, if they don't have someone they're looking at, I'm sure they'll eventually get there thanks to forensic evidence. Even if he was wearing gloves, there's a good chance he suffered injuries either from the knife, or during the struggle(s).

This guy would have left that home a bloody mess, and a camera or witness just has to have seen/caught something.

And if this guy is connected to one of the victims, he'll likely be interviewed at some point.

I’m starting to think this was more random then we think . Maybe it was some sick serial killer type that did it just to do it . So ALL were found in beds ? I thought someone had mentioned Ethan bieng on the floor ? If all were in beds with stab wounds to the chest makes me think they literally went in to kill all of them one by one , meaning Ethan didn’t exactly get in the way he was just there sleeping like the others .
No details have been released. Someone ln an earlier thread speculated about that.

maybe there's more than 1 perpetrator?
It's possible, but that's double the risk of getting caught.

If the motive wasn't robbery, then this crime was personal to the suspect (not necessarily personal in nature though.

It doesn't make a great deal of sense to me that two people would have the same motivation, just based on the victims here.

Besides that, two people isn't necessary for the crime to have been committed this way. One person could have pulled this off.

At the very least, if they don't have someone they're looking at, I'm sure they'll eventually get there thanks to forensic evidence. Even if he was wearing gloves, there's a good chance he suffered injuries either from the knife, or during the struggle(s).

This guy would have left that home a bloody mess, and a camera or witness just has to have seen/caught something.

And if this guy is connected to one of the victims, he'll likely be interviewed at some point.
Yes unless it was random . Even then could someone with no prior history of crime really commit a crime this heinous and also get away with it without any foot prints or blood leading outside ? Seems crazy if this was a first time offender but I’m sure they already ran the dna right ? I know nothing about forensics and wondering how hard it is to tell if someone else’s blood is in the crime scene since there would be such an immense amount of blood . Anyone here know how difficult that might be ??

I have lived in Moscow for 35 years. My husband and son are UI alums and I retired from there a few years ago. This community is grieving. The sadness is a palpable thing. There is also a lot of fear. Walking down the sidewalk I wonder if I have seen the face of a killer.

Keep up your good work here.

Yes unless it was random . Even then could someone with no prior history of crime really commit crime this heinous and also get away with it without any foot prints or blood leading outside . Seems crazy if this was a first time offender but I’m sure they already ran the dna right ? I know nothing about forensics and wondering how hard it is to tell if someone else’s blood is in the crime scene since there would be such an immense amount of blood . Anyone here know how difficult that might be ??
They can test mixed samples, and pull multiple profiles from it (multiple victims and offender for instance).

This is something that would be prioritized, especially considering the number of victims and ongoing threat.

I'm sure they've already uploaded reference samples for each of the victims, and are now analyzing the DNA at the scene.

I imagine that would still take some time though.

I have lived in Moscow for 35 years. My husband and son are UI alums and I retired from there a few years ago. This community is grieving. The sadness is a palpable thing. There is also a lot of fear. Walking down the sidewalk I wonder if I have seen the face of a killer.

Keep up your good work here.

Hugs. I’ve been there, that fear of a brutal murderer in my community, on the loose, wondering about people I see, and sadly even people I “think” I know...

It’s a terrible place to be. Words can not express. I used to describe it as “being in a real life horror movie”.

Last edited:
maybe there's more than 1 perpetrator?
Possibly:

Investigators are exploring the possibility that more than one person is behind the brutal murders of four University of Idaho students, which have sent shockwaves through the small college town of Moscow.

Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson has now said it “certainly is possible” that there may be more than killer out there.

(Although, There is an error here ^ and the word ‘one’ is missing)

The coroner said they were killed in their beds:

This shocks me quite a bit, because it would mean that Ethan/Xana were not just victims of happenstance but were specifically killed as well. I really do wonder, what with the media/LE miscommunication so far. If someone killed all four in bed though, my profile must necessarily change a lot.

I'll say this much, if I had children of UoI, I'd have them gone ASAP in this current climate with this current info.

I’m in Australia & glass sliding doors are very common here, our house has two of them, I didn’t realise they aren’t as common in the USA.
I have homes in 3 states and and sliding glass doors are standard in old and and in new construction.
Was Maddie wearing her own jacket in the Twitch video? It seemed huge. Maybe it's her bf's? He doesn't look that big though. If she went out for the night not dressed for the weather could some guy have offered his jacket to her? Was it found in the home?
Right now oversize is the trend. Our size small gals at work ask for Mens XL. We employ high school and college age. Underneath they will have a bandeau so it’s revealing but oversize.

Have been following this here and also reading various other news sites. I really wonder about the 911 call.
Wondering why the identity of the caller isn’t being shared. Not a specific name per se, but “a concerned friend “ or alert neighbor”
Been wondering the same. The unconscious report is odd since they were all in their beds presumably blood everywhere that seems hard to mistake. Unless it was just scanner talk.

What in Heaven's name is this coroner doing, playing 20 questions with the likes of Banfield? (Side note: in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, Ashley Banfield stopped a worker at ground zero. He was carrying a 5 gallon bucket. She asked him point blank, "Are those body parts in that bucket?" He gave her a stare of astonishment and contempt I'll never forget. Moo.

Anyway, seems like the coroner is way out of her league fielding questions from some of the reporters out there. She should clam up and let the ISP PIO handle media interface. Single point of contact was emphasized in PIO classes, and giving out details in this manner serves no useful purpose. IMO.

Apologies, but when I see Cuomo's and Banfield trying to use the case for ratings, I'm less than pleased. JMO.
She was most certainly authorized to speak, undoubtedly. What their system is is another mystery. Maybe it’s an inter agency power struggle?
CNN intervied a very formal man in a suit who also simply stated facts. I missed his name and affiliation.
At any rate, I appreciate the ME’s clarity.

The coroner said they were killed in their beds:

This shocks me quite a bit, because it would mean that Ethan/Xana were not just victims of happenstance but were specifically killed as well. I really do wonder, what with the media/LE miscommunication so far. If someone killed all four in bed though, my profile must necessarily change a lot.

I'll say this much, if I had children of UoI, I'd have them gone ASAP in this current climate with this current info.
Washington State University in Pullman is only 9 miles away, when visiting my daughter at WAZZU we would eat and shop in Moscow the communities are so close together that, the killer could be in either area/state putting both schools at risk.

No I think this lady is NOT supposed to be talking about this and if so is compromising the investigation. Police specifically said during press conference yesterday that there was going to be one point person for all PR and public statements for all the involved entities. If true they need to put this lady on leave.
How would her statements compromise the investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb