ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it's said that the girls were alive and at the food truck at 3:43am , I thought it was earlier but I could be wrong or this is incorrect info stated.

Note that at the end of the video, Fuhrman says a student told him that several months ago Kaylee Goncalves complained about having a stalker.

That is notable that Kaylee called J SIX times! For one thing, college kids don't usually make phone calls. It's all texting all the time. My son who is 32, never calls...its always a text, even if he wants to get in touch with me about something important.
<modsnip> I personally don't think she called to alert him to something fishy going on in the house. MOO only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it's said that the girls were alive and at the food truck at 3:43am , I thought it was earlier but I could be wrong or this is incorrect info stated.

People keep getting the time stamp of them showing up in live stream mixed up with the actual time of day.

maybe he told the sister?
Depending on the set-up of their cell phone plan, they might have a shared online account. I know my Verizon account has a way to see all calls made from all lines on our plan. You have to be logged in as the family plan/account owner/manager to see them, but it's possible. Can account members view usage logs?

apparently the house is 3 levels with 2 bedrooms on each floor. maybe the roommates were cleared because they were either on 1 or 3 and the victims were on 3 or 1. but Id be shocked if they didn't hear what was going on or the assailant didn't check the full house.

I do not believe “Greek Life” or jealousy was a motive in this case because it seems as though the killer did not know the layout of the house and at least search and kill the other Greek members.

IMO, the way these murders were carried out, I truly believe the killer would have kept killing if he knew there were two more lives to take.

It reminds me more of a Rollings or Bundy Thrill-Spree killing more so than a specific target like Kaylee. And if Kaylee was the intended target, why risk having to deal with 3 other people when you only want to kill one? Also, like I stated above, if it were more personal and targeted, it would make sense the killer would have at least known about the other roommates and the house layout.

It seems to me that it was more of almost frenzied murder spree, or thrill-type murders. And I would think differently if the perp at least made an effort to seek out the other roommates.

That’s just my initial impression given the convoluted information we have to work with and conjecture regarding criminology on my part.
IMO he may have attempted to kill the other two. Their doors are locked and he couldn't risk breaking the locks and losing the element of surprise. To kill multiple people in bed without alerting other to call 911, he had to be silent.

How would her sister know who she called unless she actually called her.. .or had her cell phone? Doesn't make sense to me that the sister would know this unless tried to call her.
If there is a family cell plan like Verizon, anyone with the main username/pw for the account can log in and view phone activity for all devices, categorized by time and text/phone minutes, incoming or outgoing.

IMO he may have attempted to kill the other two. Their doors are locked and he couldn't risk breaking the locks and losing the element of surprise. To kill multiple people in bed without alerting other to call 911, he had to be silent.
As gruesome as it sounds, the physical act of stabbing is actually almost silent anyway.
With so little info available yet it's hard to say if the 2 that survived were simply overlooked, or left alive on purpose.

jmo

Interesting about that. I have lived in Colorado, Arizona, Florida and Tennessee (remote work) within the past 5 years and sliding doors are still going in new construction homes. In fact, my 2022 constructed home has 2 of them as does 98% of the neighborhood. My new construction home in Colorado Springs (2015) had one as did FL and AZ. As a realtor in Colorado and Arizona, they are very very common, even in spendy neighborhoods like Arcadia and Paradise Valley. My home in AZ had the corner close 10 foot sliders that formed and L and opened to our patio/pool, a $20K upgrade. That said, I do not want those type of sliders ever again, it is like living in a fishbowl. Prayer to those victims and their loved ones.
Sliders will always be around. Generally are less expensive than double French doors.

That is notable that Kaylee called J SIX times! For one thing, college kids don't usually make phone calls. It's all texting all the time. My son who is 32, never calls...its always a text, even if he wants to get in touch with me about something important.
My thoughts are that maybe J sent a disturbing text? In that case she may have been desperate to get in touch with him. I personally don't think she called to alert him to something fishy going on in the house. MOO only.
I believe Kaylee’s open Instagram is permitted. She appears to have a friend named J

Last edited by a moderator:
Around here, they stopped putting sliding glass doors in houses, probably 25 years ago. I’m sure you could probably request one, in a custom build, but I never see builders installing those. There are more secure options available.

I rented an apartment, with a sliding glass door, about 30 years ago. Even then, there was some sort of a long, steel, locking bar, on the door and another device, that was a lock of sorts, with a pin , that went through both doors. These were in addition to the lock that was installed on the sliding door, when it was manufactured.
I never was just real comfortable with that sliding glass door, even with three locking devices on it. What I see today is more of a traditional style door, with double pane glass, in the center of the door, leading to patios and balconies. That’s not the most secure option, but I certainly think it’s better than a sliding glass door.

I don’t know how old the house in Idaho is. I’m going to speculate that it’s probably an older home, that was remodeled, at sone point and the sliding glass door was left in place. Again, that’s just my opinion.
Sliding glass doors in this area are still standard in modern construction. Not sure why the wouldn't be.

Was Maddie wearing her own jacket in the Twitch video? It seemed huge. Maybe it's her bf's? He doesn't look that big though. If she went out for the night not dressed for the weather could some guy have offered his jacket to her? Was it found in the home?
To me it looks like it could be an oversized blazer which is in style these days.

I’ve read all three threads and no one mentioned something that could be very useful and possibly crucial to the case. The deal that sealed the case In the Samantha Josephson case was that they were able to fully convince the jury and convict the murderer by on one tool and that was by the pinging of the towers and finding cell phones within the vicinity. They were able to pinpoint approximate locations of where he was during entire case. Of law enforcement is able to do that and the suspect(s) had a phone on them, the case is practically solved

Sorry if this isn't verified MSM, if so feel free to report. But I found this video of Kaylee's sister interesting, at around 1:10 mins into the video, she says Kaylee called someone 6 times from the time of 2:26am - 2:44am, maybe she heard some kind of noise and wanted a friend / maybe boyfriend to come over

Thank you so much for listening to this and sharing it. It certainly helps me understand her frustration and anger and, for me, gives more credence to her words. All the things that she had to do in this case seem like they had not been done. I don’t think it was a case of law-enforcement keeping the information from her,
she truly was the one to find the food truck video, the ring footage, and who Kaylee was speaking to. This makes me sad yet so proud of her even without knowing her.

Clearly to me, IMHO LE or the FBI has not directed all parties to not speak or release information. The frustration amongst all is palpable.

To Kaylee’s sister- you are one strong woman. When others would be stuck in their grief you were proactive. You are a fighter. Your voice and Kaylee’s voice will not be squelched. Wishing you all the best as you investigate and grieve.

How would her sister know who she called unless she actually called her.. .or had her cell phone? Doesn't make sense to me that the sister would know this unless tried to call her.
If she has access to her sister's phone account / bill...you can review a list of the calls made anytime...it will list the number called and the time. I'm guessing she may have gotten login information from the parents, or maybe they're on a family plan and have access. She doesn't know the context of the calls, which the account wouldn't reveal.

Overall, I think it's important information to show KG wasn't asleep at this time...2:44am is just 15 minutes prior to LE's stated 3am - 4am attack window.

Also in the interview, there is a picture of KG in what appears to be her bedroom that is clearly on the 3rd floor...you can see the balcony through the slider / window and the larger closet without doors that has been reflected in the home pictures from the realtor listing.

She looks extremely uncomfortable — both speaking about the multiple stabs (no throat slashes reported), and probably not knowing what information she can/should say. Maybe she wasn’t prepped well, IMO. (Probably also her first quadruple homicide, as well as many others’ there.)

ITA, just watching the video made me feel her discomfort.

I’m not trying to be disrespectful, but I can’t say I have a terribly positive feeling about any of this.….I feel very unsettled now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa