ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the OP, but LE has stated they are not suspects and are cooperating with the investigation. I find it almost impossible to think one or both girls planned and physically pulled off the vicious stabbing of 4 of their closet friends.

Plus they are considered victims on WS.

MOO
According to LE, everyone is still considered. And females can kill. Its just not a male territory. JMO

"These are people who may have seen the crime but on the flip side may have committed the crime," said Aaron Snell, communications director for the Idaho State Police. "We don’t know if they are witnesses, victims or suspects, so until we do a thorough investigation, naming them would be inappropriate."

University of Idaho murders: police can't say if survivors are witnesses or suspects | Fox News

Moscow, Idaho, police haven't ruled out as suspects the two roommates who were home when four Idaho college students were slaughtered, an official told Fox News Digital.

Moscow: Police release map of victims' path the night four university students were murdered, police identify man in food truck video

Police have released a map of the whereabouts of the University of Idaho victims to encourage those with information about that night to contact law enforcement.
www.ktvb.com
www.ktvb.com
1668817618902.png

To me it sounds like that party wasn’t the primary destination for the evening. Maybe they just wanted to stop by for a little while before moving on to the intended destination. Dinner, a movie, another party maybe?
I agree. But for a timeline to "feel" accurate, we really do need to know where they were in those hours between the Sigma Chi fraternity, and the 1:45, when they were "declared" to be back at the house.

I'd say if they are likely to know the person and the person knows those girls know him, then they should be in protective custody or something. Mabye the reason for the vauge remarks about the 2 girls is to keep them safe from the person or maybe they hope the person responsible will mess up and reach out to one of them?
Except I don't think making them appear to be suspects would help lure the perp in. Imo. And LE making them appear to be suspects is not keeping them safe. Imo.

because statistically women just don't sort their lives out that way.
I agree but there are cases:

Pennsylvania wife ambushes husband's lover and kills herself

https://www.bbc.com › world-us-canada-43899187

Apr 26, 2018 — Jennair Gerardot, 48, broke into the house of Meredith Chapman, 33, and ambushed her as she returned home on Monday evening. Investigators say ...

and the astronaut diaper case:

Astronaut Love Triangle: Lisa Nowak 'Is Finally at Peace' 15 ...

https://people.com › crime › astronaut-love-triangle-lisa...

Jun 29, 2022 — Shipman had recently begun dating Bill Oefelein, an astronaut who had once dated Nowak.

but statitically, these are rare, and I do not know of one that was not really "targeted"... there is the cyclist case still with its own thread here somewhere

Arrest Made in Murder of Pro Cyclist Anna Moriah Wilson

https://people.com › crime › feds-arrest-kaitlin-marie-ar...

Jun 30, 2022 — Kaitlin Marie Armstrong will be deported and returned to the U.S., where she's accused of killing Anna Moriah Wilson.

I also wanted to say, it's been quoted multiple times on this thread about Kaylee moving. I think it has been hugely misinterpreted. The gist of it seems to be that she was home with her parents for awhile to set up her future and get her new vehicle, and then went back to her current home (AKA where the murder happened) and was excited to go back to her parents' home for Thanksgiving as well.

Last edited:
From what I understand, K got the dog when she was with her ex. Is her ex the same J name that she was making those phone calls to?
If so, maybe she was calling him repeatedly because she could not locate the dog and was panicked.
Maybe the dog was preoccupied by the killer and that’s why she didn’t have the dog in her sights and was worried he got out.
Purely speculation and MOO.
Hmmm. You bring up an interesting thought!

So you know how the home does not have a fenced backyard? The girls would need to take the dog out on a leash or tie him to a line that's attached to a stake in the ground for the dog to use the yard. A third option is if she trusts the dog enough to not run off.

So a few possible scenarios:

*They arrived home and the dog was already missing. (Intruder has entered the house and is hiding.)
*They let the dog out without a leash or line and he runs off. They chase after it and Kaylee places phone calls over the dog. (The intruder is able to enter the house while they're chasing after the dog.)
*They tie the dog to a line out back but the perp sets it free and they frantically place calls. (intruder waits until they go to bed to enter.)

In all cases, the perp was waiting for them in some fashion, either in the house, in the foliage/trees behind the house, or near enough in a car/building/shadowy corner that they had eyes on the activity at the house.

Not the OP, but LE has stated they are not suspects and are cooperating with the investigation. I find it almost impossible to think one or both girls planned and physically pulled off the vicious stabbing of 4 of their closet friends.

Plus they are considered victims on WS.

MOO
Where has Le stated they are not suspects? I don't think they are either. Just wondering if I missed something. Imo.

“You have a grudge, you take it out on the person you have a grudge with.”
I agree. It is for this reason I think a nut-job neighbor did it. It was a Party House. The noise must have been awful.
Ya but all the neighbors are the same demographics. They weren’t living in the suburbs.

The food truck video...is it possible the time is from prior to Daylight Savings? My home cameras we have to manually adjust the time one hour back. Maybe the timeline is correct but we are looking at "wrong" time on camera. It was just 2 weeks ago it changed.
The time comes from the opening of the window at 10 pm (stated on the tape), so DST doesn't factor into it. It is a stated time and a recorded, measured duration from that initial time. I am certain LE could verify time to the second by reconciling ordering/transaction times with the video timestamp.

LE should also have Ring video from the neighbor and an Uber record of the dropoff time.

But you raise a good point when it comes to things like the neighbors' videos. Timestamps would need to be reconciled and verified that the time had been set appropriately.

I understand that theory but 2 ppl were spared. If the sp didnt like a party house then he would have killed everyone. I do believe that E and X were at the wrong place at the right time and they were killed because their bedroom was near the point of entry.
My guess … the killer didn‘t know of the two basement bedrooms.

Xana’s father says he thinks he spoke to his daughter around midnight and she and her boyfriend were home, but where were they from 9-11?

“Kernodle said Xana stayed in regular communication with her family. "I think midnight was the last time we heard from her, and she was fine," he told the station, adding that he doesn't understand why his daughter and her roommates were killed in their own home.

"They were just hanging out at home. Xana was just hanging out at home with her boyfriend," he said.”

University of Idaho students were stabbed to death in their beds and likely asleep, coroner says

What’s interesting for me here in this article is, BBM:

Former LAPD detective Mark Fuhrman, known for investigating the 1994 murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman in the O.J. Simpson murder case, now lives in Idaho and is claiming that Kaylee Goncalves, who along with Madison Mogen, Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle, was brutally stabbed to death Sunday, had a stalker.

“I talked to one student, and I agree it was twice removed from the person that said it, Kaylee, but Kaylee two months ago complained about a stalker,” he said on Fox News Friday.

If this is the case, we know Kaylee’s sister Alivea has been speaking out to the public on news outlets and giving quite a bit of inside information, so I wonder why she has not mentioned Kaylee possibly having a stalker in her interviews? I feel like this would be important to mention so I’m not taking this “news” on board, yet. JMO

Great point.

rbbm
1668817893288.png

''Thompson said it's unusual to not have a suspect or motive at this point, and noted that this case has brought in more resources and manpower to Moscow than he's ever seen in his 30 years as prosecutor.''

''Former FBI agent and ABC News contributor Brad Garrett thinks the surviving roommates are the "key" in the investigation, but he doesn't think they are suspects.

"It's a small town. The likelihood that they know who that person was in the house, I think, is reasonable," Garrett said Thursday morning.''

''For police, Garrett said the next steps are: "You really are going to have to do a complete detail of the party that was prior to whatever was going on between 3 and 4 o'clock at the victim's house. … Who followed them home? Who has been taking whom? Who have had issues with people? This killer didn't all of a sudden show up at this house -- he knew this house."

Xana’s father says he thinks he spoke to his daughter around midnight and she and her boyfriend were home, but where were they from 9-11?

“Kernodle said Xana stayed in regular communication with her family. "I think midnight was the last time we heard from her, and she was fine," he told the station, adding that he doesn't understand why his daughter and her roommates were killed in their own home.

"They were just hanging out at home. Xana was just hanging out at home with her boyfriend," he said.”

University of Idaho students were stabbed to death in their beds and likely asleep, coroner says
Weren't they at the party at 12a?
I am SO confused.

I agree. But for a timeline to "feel" accurate, we really do need to know where they were in those hours between the Sigma Chi fraternity, and the 1:45, when they were "declared" to be back at the house.
Without security camera evidence or looking at phone pings (& I don't think that's been done yet ?), we don't know when the roommates were back home.
M00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member