ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time visitor, but first time poster. All MOO, ofc. And maybe this has been mentioned, but the phone calls to J were all before 3 AM, correct? But per the police statement released last night, they are requesting digital footage from between 3-6 AM. So, are they suggesting the suspect didn’t get to the house prior to everyone getting home? If they think the murders happened any time before 3 AM or the suspect was in the home waiting then they would have made that window wider to account for the travel(?) there and into the house. So, is 3-6 AM the window of entry and departure? Perhaps then the phone calls to J were just them calling him and it’s so coincidence? Or perhaps they are already aware of the suspects entry but want to know where they ended up? From what I gathered it was a busy weekend with a lot of college-related events. A lot of people coming and going. Just thinking out loud…
Not sure, but I believe LE knows the murders were committed by 3am, and perhaps they want to find out where the killer went to dispose of the knife from 3 to 6am. imo.

Bringing my own post forward:

I thought I would highlight these points from this video interview with Kaylee's parents:
Fox News Interview with The Goncalves

[NOTE: I did my best to transcribe the dialogue, but it's hard on my phone while trying to type in one window and listen to the interview and type in the other. Any inaccuracies are my own.]

Dad: "They're telling us that there's so much evidence that it's going to take a lot of time to process it all. This wasn't a pinpoint crime, this person was sloppy, he (I'm saying he, that is my assumption) made a mess, and they're going to have to go through that point by point and that's going to take a lot of time, that is why they reached out to other organizations to help with that processing."

Mom: "that's why they have a mobile unit on site, they said that that is really going help expedite things. They've reached out to multiple labs for help in DNA processing, in other states. Hopefully get sites like 23andme involved. They haven't told us that they have DNA from the killer, but that they do have a ton of evidence. It's just going take a lot of time to analyze it. And now with the FBI task force on site they were able to collect a great deal evidence."

I don't believe it's a question of technology, but rather processing and elimination of everyone else's DNA. In a crime scene this messy with a lot of people coming and going, including investigators and crime scene technicians, it's going to take a while to sort through all of this and isolate the samples to be tested. I am not an expert though it's also a question of lab capacity, I have read many articles about Lab backlogs, especially during/after Covid. Of course, this case will get high priority, but it's still not instantaneous.
Interesting. Maybe they can tell the sequence of the murders via the mixture of blood/dna left in the victims' wounds...ie did the girl on the second floor have evidence on her of the other 3 kids, given that, imo she was killed last. Also if she was killed last and fought back against him, that could explain more blood coming from that room, if that is the case.

She was probably awake, imo, saw or heard her boyfriend getting killed, she may have backed up against the outside wall in terror, where blood would have escaped through cracks.

Imo

Isn’t the house in the main student area of the town? Kind of sounds like an office caught a 20 year old with a beer or someone drinking in public (I’m British so not 100% on American alcohol laws)
Certainly could be, but the time and location stands out. Until we know more I'm not willing to dismiss it. jmo

To me the 11 or so phone calls from both girls with apparently no texts or voice mails screams urgency. JMO
I keep going back and forth on what I think the meaning of those calls were. I'm sure LE has more info on these from the recipient by now.

For reference, when I was in college not too long ago I woke up one morning to 16 missed calls from my roomie and two other friends at 2:00AM(ish). No texts, no voicemail. Turns out they just wanted me to come down to the street to our friends apartment to smoke. I was drunk and had fallen asleep an hour (I think lol) earlier with my phone directly next to me. I didn't hear the phone ringing at all. Fairly common situation in college, but the murders that followed obviously change the situation.

MOO Just pondering but I'm wondering if maybe the relationship breakdown between Kaylee and her ex J wasn't as amicable as some people are saying. Maybe they are saying the "amicable breakup story" for a reason (i.e. not to spook somebody).
I have noticed that on Kaylee's insta (and please delete if this isn't allowed ... but it's not hearsay, or saying something that I've heard 3rd hand on social media) but on her page the last photo of her and her ex together was two years ago. I would have expected there to be more recent photos of them together if they've only just broken up (unless she has been deleting him from her page).
If she was ringing him about the dog, and he was refusing to answer - could it be that in an attempt to still tie her to him, he takes her somewhere where she sees an absolutely gorgeous puppy, and he suggests they could get him and share ownership. This might have suited her as she might have thought she was in a position to take care of the dog full time, but she would still get to see the dog and spend time with it whenever she wanted. But then when it became obvious that she was moving on in life without her ex, he might have started to use the dog like a divorced parent can sometimes use a child. Denying visitation, telling her that she couldn't have the dog unless they were a couple, using her love for the dog as a way of controlling her.
Kaylees parents interview might sway you on this... Parents of Idaho murder victim Kaylee Goncalves speak out | Fox News Video
8.00 minute mark they talk about him being family and are right behind him and they would have eventually got married. Do you think they could be talking like this just for for sake of the interview? I don't think so.....

Also the 1.10 mark is really important...
-Big long pause and kaylees dad states " so much evidence and it's going to take time to process it all... This wasn't a pin point crime, he was sloppy he did whatever then back tracks to take away the 'he' part...He made a mess

Also Kaylees overview for the rental property clearly states "low maintenance landscaping. Sorry no pets allowed. Tenants responsible for all utilities." I understand property owners can be flexible on this but i highly doubt in a area where you have so many students they sure as *advertiser censored* wouldn't appreciate a dog barking so i doubt they would be flexible at all plus it had been recently renovated.

Regarding the late night attempts to reach J, (and I apologize if this is already been theorized)- what if there was a friend of J’s that was giving them the creeps or hanging around and the girls were trying to reach him to intervene?

Couple of thoughts

1. I understand why K would call J multiple times prior to passing out - drunk dialing, etc. However, I don’t know why M would as well, unless there was a reason why J would specifically not pick up for K at that time.

2. If the killer had been in the home previously as a friendly, he had likely been on the Wi-Fi and would likely auto connect when in the home. That data should be on their router and easy to obtain by LE.

3. IMO, the most rational explanation for the 911 call is that someone (potentially J’s friend) walks into the house and sees the bodies, heads downstairs and sees the surviving roommates. Asks the first one he sees to hand him their phone and tells them to get out of the house and then calls 911. That would put the other roommates out of the house at the time of the call, explain why one of their phones was used, and still make that caller seem suspicious enough for the police to investigate him.
Because he wasn’t answering Kaylee.

My guess is the two girls were intoxicated. The calls start and he doesn’t answer. Maddie, being Kaylee’s BFF, and attached at the hip, would be known to J.

Maddie says, Let me try. Maybe he’ll answer me and so it goes.

ETA to add: MOO

in large stabbings with many wounds across many victims, you have a very good chance the attacker(s) slipped while using the knife and cut themselves probably a number of times while in the frenzied state, possibly not even knowing they had been injured due to the adrenaline and the mental focus on the murders at the time

so hoping they can separate or at least test those samples and rule out the contributors which might at least get them a step closer to finding out who did this
This is true but with such a high volume of blood from the victims, finding perp blood could be a crapshoot.

Because he wasn’t answering Kaylee.

My guess is the two girls were intoxicated. The calls start and he doesn’t answer. Maddie, being Kaylee’s BFF, and attached at the hip, would be known to J.

Maddie says, Let me try. Maybe he’ll answer me and so it goes.

ETA to add: MOO
And it was Saturday night, the whole town was probably partying before people went home for Thanksgiving. It’s not unreasonable they assumed he’d be awake to chat drunk with them.

Kaylees parents interview might sway you on this... Parents of Idaho murder victim Kaylee Goncalves speak out | Fox News Video
8.00 minute mark they talk about him being family and are right behind him and they would have eventually got married. Do you think they could be talking like this just for for sake of the interview? I don't think so.....

Also the 1.10 mark is really important...
-Big long pause and kaylees dad states " so much evidence and it's going to take time to process it all... This wasn't a pin point crime, he was sloppy he did whatever then back tracks to take away the 'he' part...He made a mess

Also Kaylees overview for the rental property clearly states "low maintenance landscaping. Sorry no pets allowed. Tenants responsible for all utilities." I understand property owners can be flexible on this but i highly doubt in a area where you have so many students they sure as *advertiser censored* wouldn't appreciate a dog barking so i doubt they would be flexible at all plus it had been recently renovated.
Since she shared the dog with the bf, maybe he had the dog for the most part. Also, if the landlord doesn't come around, as mine never did, they won't know you have a dog.

If this is true, I wonder why the friend didn’t use their own cell phone.

I wonder why anybody wouldn’t use their own cell phone, unless the call was made by one of the surviving roommates.
If Ethan’s friend went to pick him up and went up to the house when Ethan didn’t come out, he may have left his phone in the car - possibly charging or because he was planning on coming right back to the car.

Then when he saw there was something terribly wrong, he may have screamed which may have alerted the surviving roommates, and the 911 call was made from the roommate’s phone.

Just in case anyone didn't know, there's a strictly media thread that'll help anyone catch up who'd like to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member