ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has released a lot of information. Where I'm from (New York State) basically no info is released during a criminal investigation. I don't know why people are complaining about how long this is taking. The perp did not want to be caught obviously... sometimes these cases are not solved for weeks, months, years, or are never solved. JMO.

when someone says passed out. I'm thinking, the person was mobile and alert one moment and then just passed out and fell to the floor. Saying someone passed out when they don't respond the next day after a late night out just seems odd. Unless of course, as people have noted this was just the way the 911 was coded. However, the press release itself states, "passed out."

I'm kind of thinking the other guy a dozen posts back might be right in that the police is only saying they were all found in their beds in order to protect the investigation. Surely though, if somebody died in the hall or steps that there would be blood all over the place?
They said the killer was sloppy. We heard the scene was horrific. What most likely started as an attack when people were sleeping most likely turned into a chaotic frenzied nightmare for those young roommates. Of course we won’t hear this through until someone is in custody and the truth of what actually happened is told.

Maybe this has been asked and I've missed it. It's been hard to keep up with this fast moving discussion.

There appeared to be blood on the outside of the house. Do we know what's on the inside at that location?
Edit: IMO. MOO.

It appears to be the kitchen.

You can see the concrete patio floor in the “leaking blood” photo, and based on the realty images of inside the house, that would place that blood coming from the wall behind the kitchen counter area.

Last edited:
I can't shake the irony of Kaylee arriving back into town the very day this terrible tragedy happened. Did most everyone in her social circle, including residents of the home, know she'd be at the off campus location visiting the King Rd address?
Kaylee's final Instagram post (below) was on Nov. 12, the day before her death, and it pictures her and her roommates together at their off-campus house. If someone were watching her social media, they could have figured out her location that day.

It appears to be the kitchen.

You can see the concrete patio floor in the “leaking blood” photo, and based on the realty images of inside the house, that would place that blood coming from the wall behind the kitchen counter area.
My guess it's not blood. Probably paint? I don't know how that much blood would leak outside on the wall.

IMO.

Maybe this just could be a “game of telephone” where words get mixed up as they get passed along, or maybe it was “scanner talk” as other have said regarding the “unconscious” / “passed out” person.

But given the description of the crime scene being particularly bad, how would they think someone had simply “passed out” and wasn’t getting up.

Many people think military training and I agree that is a possibility although personally that is a long shot imo. Another reasonable possibility is prison. I believe someone could learn a lot about knife/shank fighting in prison including how to kill in the fastest and most efficient way possible.

Here's a thought to address the issue of how one person could kill four people no problem and quickly. About six months ago a good friend of mines husband and his best friend were killed by one person who had a knife. It happened in the blink of an eye. One second they were standing trying to fight...the next second they were laying in the street dead. These two guys were big strong healthy bad as in tough son of a bucks. My friend's husband was a long time bartender/bouncer big dude not to be messed with type of person. Many of us couldn't believe it. He was the last person we would expect something like this to happen to. There had been a party earlier in the evening where there was a minor altercation. Later when everyone went home one of the two victims was riding home on his golf cart when he was ambushed. His throat immediately slit, pulled off the golf cart, and then furiously stabbed many times. My friend's husband came outside approached this scene and jumped in to help. He was then stabbed many times in the blink of an eye and went down and dead within a minute. The perp fled, no wounds, and was picked up the next morning. The perp was a much smaller fellow but muscled up and a former convict. The victims were 6'5" 200# + men. He killed them both in less than 2 minutes. They had no chance being unarmed and unexpectedly attacked like that. Just like these four kids. No chance and they didn't deserve to die like that. There are some very evil people in this world.

Last edited:
I think Ethan and Xana were locked in their room. The surviving roommates indicated they were in bed before the other roommates came home. Maybe not knowing Ethan was staying over that night. I believe they were knocking on Xana's locked door and were concerned when she wasn't answering. Friends called over couldn't get a response, then police called.

My guess it's not blood. Probably paint? I don't know how that much blood would leak outside on the wall.
IMO.

Given the color / placement, and the way it seems to originate from the crack between cement / paneling, I don’t think it’s paint.

It saddens me to even think of it, but LE has described the scene as “the worst they’ve ever seen”. It’s very possible it was blood.

Could have been something from the coroner that she may or may not have partially retracted. Don't know. It's in these threads somewhere.
It's in the media thread with the YT interview with the coroner.

Afaik, she has not retracted saying they were all found in their beds ?

The other articles in the media thread have stated the male victim was found on the floor, but not which floor -- 2nd or 3rd ?
Unless LE clarify this, I'd take it with the proverbial grain for now.

Video link from page 3 : post #46 of the media thread :

Link below is from post # 18 : on page 1 of the media thread :

One of the victims – understood to be 20-year-old Ethan Chapin, of Conway, Washington – was discovered on the floor on the second level of the three-story home.

If true, he may have been pulled from bed during the struggle or had just got out of bed when his girlfriend was being attacked and tried to protect her ?

LE will already know this from the positions of the bodies.

M00.

Last edited:
SBM What's with this?

Multiple people gathered at the house before police arrived. Could be neighbors who heard a commotion.
What concerns me is - how many people were actually in that house before LE got there? You then have EMS, LE and god knows who else tramping through there. Must be CSI's worst nightmare.

Jeeze. I have raised two cops. I can not imagine what the holdup is with this slaughter. It simply boggles the mind.
Is this the most sophisticated killer in the world or the most inept investigation team in the world.
I’m honestly shocked there hasn’t been an arrest yet. Even more so after todays lack of news conference. JMO.

If the layout was in fact unfamiliar. I don’t assume this is a given.
Absolutely right. The killer might have known the place for a variety of reasons. All the same, an unfamiliar layout can still be navigated silently given the time. One just has to do it.

From my understanding, the victims had all been asleep during the attack (several sources, including today's PC), but by the end, not all were killed in bed (see source below). I know some will suggest maybe E was sleeping on the couch or something, but I personally don't think that's what's being said here. I think whoever was killed first in the second floor bedroom, the other tried to flee and was killed on the floor of the bedroom or hall just outside the bedroom. If a downstairs roommate came up the stairs and stepped into the living room, that hall towards the bedroom would be right there in view. They would likely only see one body at that point. JMO.

Some of the murdered University of Idaho students were stabbed in their beds, coroner says

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details.
She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate

Last edited:
But would you do that if truly asleep? Real question. I don't defend myself if I am asleep, but maybe others do? I have to be awake enough to know I'm being attacked (I have gotten a broken nose when my spouse rolled over and flung his hand at my face- complete accident. Totally woke up and defended myself).

Definition:A defense wound or self-defense wound is an injury received by the victim of an attack while trying to defend against the assailant

Of course, it occurs to me that "defensive wounds" might simply be a descriptor for a type of wound that was found, but maybe wasn't really caused by someone defending themselves. I would think they'd call it something else, but could be wrong.
Imo, You are thinking literally being conscious. I do think anyone would protect themselves as a basic cerebral reflex against pain. I would think that there may have been moments of awareness before death. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain