ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were intoxicated and were asleep that could have dulled their senses or limited their ability to fight back.
True. When I wake up from a dead sleep, especially a bit drunk...I can imagine feeling something, wondering "What the heck?", and then, going to scream, and maybe the perpetrator had already put a pillow over the victim's face...done. It probably happened that fast.

The other roommates may not have known that Ethan was staying over. If they pounded on the door and tried to wake Xana, they might have assumed she was alone and passed out. Perhaps at some point they tried calling Ethan, heard his phone ringing from inside the room, then got really worried.

when someone says passed out. I'm thinking, the person was mobile and alert one moment and then just passed out and fell to the floor. Saying someone passed out when they don't respond the next day after a late night out just seems odd. Unless of course, as people have noted this was just the way the 911 was coded. However, the press release itself states, "passed out."

I'm kind of thinking the other guy a dozen posts back might be right in that the police is only saying they were all found in their beds in order to protect the investigation. Surely though, if somebody died in the hall or steps that there would be blood all over the place?

Thank you. There was another statement somewhere I recall that stated all of the victims were in their beds. I guess that could simply be referring to the fact that the attacks started while they were asleep in their beds, but I took it as their bodies had been located in their beds. Just want to remember where the comment they were in their beds came from to re-evaluate the meaning.
Could have been something from the coroner that she may or may not have partially retracted. Don't know. It's in these threads somewhere.

Has it actually been confirmed what floors all the victims actually lived on besides Kaylee?? I know Kaylee lived on the third floor from her social posts, but are we just assuming Maddie lived on the third floor because they were besties or do we know this for a fact?? Could she have lived on the second floor with Xana? Could Xana have lived on the third floor with Kaylee?? Just curious...

I think the killer came in after everyone was asleep and had the time, even given the darkness and unfamiliarity with the layout, to carry this out. The killer also had the poise and confidence to take the time. Even if some of the victims woke up swinging, the fatal wound was probably already inflicted, and they were probably largely silent and in shock.
If the layout was in fact unfamiliar. I don’t assume this is a given.

The pressers have been pretty open and a lot of information has been shared with the public, in my opinion. Why is the 911 information so secret?
Dear @DizzyB,

I appreciated hearing the pressers as well.

As to the 911 call information/identity, I think that the L.E. want to keep the person's name confidential and that's important, especially to the person who made the call.

If the person's identity was revealed, then reporters would contact that person to try to learn details from him/her.

Also, the words spoken in that 911 call are critical to the investigation. For example (I am speculating here) the person who called 911 could have given details such as "the door was unlocked, the door was wide open, etc.)

As much as I would really like to hear the 911 call, in my view, everything and anything that was said on that call would be deemed critical to the integrity of the nvestigation.

After someone is arrested (I am greatly hoping it's soon), the 911 call will likely only be released during the trial.

This is only my view and my own opinions.

Last edited:
I hadn’t heard about neighbors coming out to see what the commotion was about.
I didn’t say they did. It was my speculation of how it went down that morning. I’m speculating after hearing that the scene was so horrific there is no way someone didn’t see blood. And after seeing such a sight you run out screaming not stopping to call a friend to come over.

If you look at a panoramic of the house there is a huge block of flats just back from the house. As the crow flies it’s very close to the 2nd / 3rd floors.

Being the sheer number of flats in that block and the potential number of witnesses there I find it hard to believe it was a noisy crime scene.

Regardless of the 1st floor housemates, any fight/confrontation or shouts/screams I find it difficult to believe would not have been heard by anyone in that block.
If they were all drunk/asleep in their beds when the killer struck that would explain why there were neighbors didn't hear anything.

See, I'[m thinking that the killer was already there as an invited or known guest/friend/acquaintance, and had the time and wherewithal to drop something in all of their drinks or snacks. I know it's speculative, but I can't count how many times in college my roomies and I would have "Just one more!" I don't think they would have been eating after the stop at the food truck, but a last drink at home with everyone wouldn't have been unusual. If he/she didn't wait long enough, that could explain the two with the defensive wounds. They weren't as deeply asleep or incapacitated as he or she hoped. IMO of course.
It's certainly plausible and as good as any theory. Especially a mere acquaintance who is someone unremarkable to the victims and their crowd. They could have been in the house before, even been lying in wait, inside the house, that night. With two of the victims in one place, and two somewhere else, I'm not sure how he/she would slip them all a drug. Of course he/she may not have had to if they were visibly intoxicated when they came home, and were observed.

If the layout was in fact unfamiliar. I don’t assume this is a given.
When I was in college, something creepy happened, we woke up, and there was a guy passed out on our sofa. He was sort of familiar, we found out he was drunk, walked "home", went into our house, where he lived his freshman year.

And, if they had parties at the house, who knows how many people have been in that house?! Add workers, others...

I can't shake the irony of Kaylee arriving back into town the very day this terrible tragedy happened. Did most everyone in her social circle, including residents of the home, know she'd be at the off campus location visiting the King Rd address?

Does anyone feel the killer waited until the tenants were sleeping then, more or less, silently entered their rooms? Did the killer aim for the heart on each victim?

In revenge killings, the killer often may want the victim to know they're about to die and by whose hands that death will occur.

While I am not a knife expert, I do recognize Rambo's Ka Bar style knife when I see it. If it's true the edged knife also had a serrated edge or section then it's so very awful bc, if so, those serrations can instantly, possibly fatally, damage tissue and organs when being pulled/ripped out of the body. It causes the terrifying scene as the coroner described.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt said Tuesday that there “was a lot of blood,” and the house where the bodies were found was a “very sad scene,” reported The Spokesman-Review.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/cops-probing-mysterious-idaho-student-murders-hunt-for-rambo-style-knife

Maybe this has been asked and I've missed it. It's been hard to keep up with this fast moving discussion.

There appeared to be blood on the outside of the house. Do we know what's on the inside at that location?

I am thinking maybe one of the victims' friends came over to check on them and when they saw what happened, they used one of the roommates' phones to call 911.

The roommates may have been in shock. If they were out partying, passed out, and woke up at noon to other friends freaking out they might have been just out of it and asked someone else to call.
Yes agree

I don't have the feeling that police actually have a suspect. I hope that I am wrong and that this case is solved.
I agree. I think that, after all of the interviews so far, no suspect has emerged from anyone friends or family may have suggested. There were probably people identifed as unfriendly, rejected, etc., and probably some of them remain to be vetted, but I think LE is running out of room to solve this quickly.

Maybe this has been asked and I've missed it. It's been hard to keep up with this fast moving discussion.

There appeared to be blood on the outside of the house. Do we know what's on the inside at that location?
It appears to be one of the two bedrooms on that floor. Whether it was actually blood, we don't know.

Attachments

• SecondFloor2.png
    SecondFloor2.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors