ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember how Jodi Arias had sliced her hand with the wet blood covered knife?

No doubt this killer was sloppy and left a ton of forensic evidence behind.
Let’s hope so. Nevertheless, processing DNA is a slow process.

Young people these days do know how to call 911 and hand over the reins when they encounter a situation out of their depth, BUT they like to phone a friend first and make absolutely sure before they do call. Otherwise, to them, getting 911 involved would be more trouble than it's worth, not to mention a waste of a perfectly good Sunday. Also, at age 21, death is the furthest thing from your mind. You know it happens but you never think it would happen to you. So I don't think it's strange that there was a little delay before the services were called.
I'm really beginning to think that all the victims were locked inside their rooms, with possibly no signs of anything outside their rooms.
Roommates get up, don't see anything amiss, go on about their business. At some point, they wonder "how long can she sleep?"
Knocks on the door, gets no response, knocks louder, still no response. Gets concerned, calls friends, they knock, still no response.
Call 911, report unresponsive person.
The rest is history...

I think the killer came in after everyone was asleep and had the time, even given the darkness and unfamiliarity with the layout, to carry this out. The killer also had the poise and confidence to take the time. Even if some of the victims woke up swinging, the fatal wound was probably already inflicted, and they were probably largely silent and in shock.
100%

Have there been any updates on whether there were drugs in any of the students systems at the time of death? I <modsnip: no link/rumor> The reason I am asking is because if someone in that house gave the students drugs and one of them collapsed then there may have been panic and the others freaked out causing a chain of events where the others were killed as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
My initial thought is he heard something and investigated. He tried to fight. His girlfriend Xana knew and was awakened that’s why she tried to fight and had defensive wounds. I think Xana and Ethan were secondary murders. Meaning the perp had already killed Maddie and Kaylee and Ethan and Xana interfered and the perp didn’t want witnesses.
It could be.

My thought on the "other friends" who were there at the time of the 911 call - it's possible the surviving roommates were still asleep. Maybe these other friends had plans with one or more of the deceased or were trying to contact them for awhile, couldn't reach them, so came over. They may have either knocked on the door/let themselves in and woke up the surviving roommates that way or came downstairs to wake them when they discovered the murder scene. MOO
Most reasonable scenario imo

You know, reading this update may provide a valid reason why that 911 call isn't being released yet.

First, friends were summoned regarding ONE person who seemed to be unconscious. 911 was called over ONE person. In the course of that call (or multiple calls, I'm assuming one), multiple people spoke with 911. It's very possible the callers discovered at minimum 2 murdered individuals. I would bet that call is absolutely hysterical and chaotic. :(

JMO
IMO I’m thinking one survivor roommate came upstairs and saw the horror and ran out screaming rousing the other surviving roommate to come outside not to mention a bunch of other people who live nearby heard the commotion and came out too. Then the phone got passed around.

I know LE say they believe the murders were targeted. I guess now I am wondering what targeted really means.
At first I thought that meant that the victims were in some way associated with the sp, but now realize that it’s more complicated than that.
The big difference I see is between whether they were targeted at random or personally.

You know, reading this update may provide a valid reason why that 911 call isn't being released yet.

First, friends were summoned regarding ONE person who seemed to be unconscious. 911 was called over ONE person. In the course of that call (or multiple calls, I'm assuming one), multiple people spoke with 911. It's very possible the callers discovered at minimum 2 murdered individuals. I would bet that call is absolutely hysterical and chaotic. :(

JMO
IMO I’m thinking one survivor roommate came upstairs and saw the horror and ran out screaming rousing the other surviving roommate to come outside not to mention a bunch of other people who live nearby heard the commotion and came out too. Then the phone got passed around.

I know LE say they believe the murders were targeted. I guess now I am wondering what targeted really means.
At first I thought that meant that the victims were in some way associated with the sp, but now realize that it’s more complicated than that.
They could have very well been observed for some time and “targeted” for what they represented - popular and achievers- a reality not happening for the killer. The rage comes from that and the planning was not insignificant

The big difference I see is between whether they were targeted at random or personally.

From the first day it was in my mind Ethan was found in a common area, leading to the unconscious call to 911, based on what have been previously said and linked here. Ethan’s mom said in an interview that X and E were in the room together. That statement contradicts the notion he would have been found alone elsewhere in the house. Where did I read or hear they were all found in bed? I recall this being said, but can’t place it. If they were indeed all found it bed, it becomes more contradictory to the initial 911 call.
"The autopsies...determined that it was likely all 4 victims were asleep during the attack." Starting at 5:10:

Thanks for your observations, L. laricina. This makes me think the killer might be someone who has done this before, not to this extent - quadruple murder - but similar. I just don't see someone inexperienced being able to do this in 13 minutes' time and leave undetected and without committing serious mistakes in terms of leaving traces, etc. This case is so puzzling to me. I am not surprised it is taking a bit to get resolved.
It's a frightening thought, but it seems to me that the killer is someone who knew how to get away with this. DNA eveidence will hopefully shed some light and hopefully the killer did make some mistakes. However, if he's never been arrested his DNA is not likely in a database. And that house is probably full of unidentifiable DNA through all the students hanging out.

Moscow Homicide Update
November 20, 2022

MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.

Updated Information:

• Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence on one of the surviving roommates’ cell phone. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before a Moscow Police officer arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found the four victims on the second and third floors.

• At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe any individual at the residence, when 911 was called, is involved in this crime.

• Rumors and speculation continue circulating about the ongoing investigation. MPD cautions the public not to rely on rumors and remains committed to keeping the public informed. We urge reliance on official channels for accurate information.

• TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information is asked to call the Tip Line at 208-883-7180 or email tipline@ci.moscow.id.us.

• PRESS RELEASES: All press releases go through the listserv process on the City of Moscow website. To sign up for news releases, visit News Flash
o Under Tools on the right side of the page, click Notify Me.
o Fill out the form at the top with your email address and or phone number.
o Scroll down to City of Moscow Press Releases and choose to be notified by email/phone.
o This action will allow you to receive all press releases as they are released.
o All news releases are posted on City of Moscow PD Facebook page.

• MEDIA: To streamline media inquiries and requests, please send them to moscowpdpio@ci.moscow.is.us. This email address is directed to the Communications Team and allows for quicker responses. The new PIO phone number is for media organization use only: 208-883-7181 (landline-only number, no texts). Email is the preferred format for requests and inquiries.

• We encourage our community to rely on official channels for the most accurate information. These are the City of Moscow News Releases and the Moscow PD Facebook page.

• There will be a News Conference to update the public on the investigation.

Wednesday, November 23, 2022
1:00 p.m.
University of Idaho
Alumni Lounge of the ICCU Arena
900 Stadium Drive, Moscow, Idaho
*Live streaming link

OK, to me, this confirms that Madison was on the second floor. If the second-floor bedroom was Ethan and Xana, then shouldn't they have identified TWO PEOPLE who were not waking up? So it was ONE person on the 2nd floor.

When Ethan's mom said her son was found on "the second floor" she actually meant the "upstairs" because she has never been to that house before since it wasn't her son's residence. So to her, "the second floor" is actually the third floor of that house.

So Surviving Roommate #1 goes to Madison's room and can't wake her. I could imagine a scenario where the killer covered up the bodies to look like they were still sleeping. Maybe she was sleeping on her side and was stabbed from behind? So the blood was only on one side of the bed and covered by the blanket. So I can imagine Surviving Roommate #1 tries to shake her. Tries to call out to her. No response.

What I do NOT understand is why Surviving Roommate #1 would call OTHER PEOPLE instead of going to the other Surviving Roommate or Kaylee's room or Xana's room for assistance?

I'm really beginning to think that all the victims were locked inside their rooms, with possibly no signs of anything outside their rooms.
Roommates get up, don't see anything amiss, go on about their business. At some point, they wonder "how long can she sleep?"
Knocks on the door, gets no response, knocks louder, still no response. Gets concerned, calls friends, they knock, still no response.
Call 911,

Mmm hmm.

If K slept with her dog in her room, it could be that he was barking like crazy to go out by that time too.

MOO

It seems like there are contradictory reports on whether Ethan was in bed or in a common area. If it is determined that he was in a common area, perhaps the downstairs girls stayed on the first floor and looked up the stairs. Maybe Ethan was laying on the main level (2nd fllor) floor in such a way that only his feet/legs could be seen. Maybe they yelled up to him and he didn’t respond and were worried that he was passed out naked so called one of his friends from the fraternity, who was maybe the 911 caller. Maybe this could explain why no blood was reported initially.

Again, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member