ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know the dog was there? I didn’t see where that was confirmed. I assumed it was with her parents since she just came back from being at home.
There's been no mention of the dog at the crime scene. The sister of one of the victims said she let her dog out that night. It is however confirmed the dog unharmed and returned to his secondary owner.

LE generally releases information at a press conference either to warn/calm the public or to seek out specific information. Their goal is not to provide adequate information to allow us to solve the crimes.

In this case, I wonder about the girls interactions at the bar. To me, that would be a more likely place to engage a stalker than a food truck.

In this case, it feels like the unsub is a person who has not yet been brought to our attention. I suspect a non-student with some peripheral involvement with one of the victims - a person possible not known to surviving family members and hence not mentioned in any interviews with the press.

The more I turn this over in my head, the more I’m convinced that the killer was already inside the house when the four students arrived home at 1:45 AM.

There was at least one vacant bedroom, possibly two, if Kaylee had already moved out. The killer could have easily hidden in a vacant bedroom, knowing that the victims likely would not have a reason to enter that room.

I think he was already hiding in the house because police believe the victims were killed shortly after falling asleep. The last call was at 2:52. The authorities say the murders happened between 3 AM and 5 AM.

If this was a party house, how would the killer know everyone was asleep, unless he was already waiting in the house, and waiting for the house to fall silent?

I think it was somebody who was targeting Kaylee, knew that this was going to be one of her last times on campus, and laid in wait for her to arrive home and fall asleep.

Last edited:
rbbm
Nov 21 '22
''The FBI sent 22 investigators to Moscow, according to the local police. Another 20 agents were working on the case but located in Treasure Valley, Idaho; Salt Lake City, Utah; and West Virginia. Two members of an FBI behavior analysis unit were also working on the case, police said.

Investigators also said a 911 call came from inside the residence and was made on one of the surviving roommates' cellphones. They initially told authorities that someone was passed out and wouldn't wake up, officials said.

"Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher
before a Moscow Police officer arrived at the location," officials said. "Officers entered the residence and found the four victims on the second and third floors."

''Garrett said investigators should be broadening their search outside the victims' immediate circle of friends and family.
"You're going to have to start spreading out to people they had just a casual relationship with,
" he said.''
Thank you for posting these comments.
Based on 'someone was passed out and wouldn't wake up' it is likely that whoever it was that knocked on the bedroom door of one of the victims thought they were passed out and it concerned them.
  • The victim would NOT have been lying on the floor in a common room covered in blood because no one would report 'passed out' in that situation - it would be immediately clear that they had been stabbed and were deceased given the blood loss.
So the person calling 911 COULD have been a roommate OR a friend OR one of the triplets as the other male triplet lived across the street at the frat house.
  • He could have walked over to see how his brother was doing after a night of partying and the bedroom door was shut and locked (normal for privacy, IMHO) and he knocked repeatedly but couldn't get him to respond.
  • Then he might have called 911 being worried about his brother (and alcohol poisoning or medical emergency, etc.).
  • You wonder if the blood was contained ONLY in the bedrooms - if you came to check on your brother and saw blood, again that's a different call to 911. That would imply that the killer kept the blood in the rooms possibly on the beds and/or walls but not on their shoes.
MOO

NY Post photo of house

71lwea.jpg

Shows good detail of rear access
Where in this pic is the * blood* outside or is it on the wood side of the home?

Yeah but he was definitely not a “friend” & had no knowledge of the victim Yingying Zhang til he kidnaped & murdered her… he was a murderous psycho-beast of a standard type, who chose a victim unconnected to him & did everything he could to cover his tracks… whereas this person apparently wanted to leave behind a gory rampage IMO

Agreed about wanting to leave behind a gory rampage. Four saccharine college students, popular friend group, stabbed multiple times in their sleep after a college night out. There is no doubt the perp wanted to cause maximum notoriety knowing this would cause a media frenzy and panic in the town - It's like a movie such as Scream or Heathers (1988).

It's weird because my initial thought would be something like this seems like it would be committed by someone with nothing to lose - there's just no coming back from murdering four innocent kids. So I would think someone really struggling, recently dropping out of school, loner, incel, isolated from real society and family, no real vision for the future.

Then I think to some of the really awful serial killers like BTK, Golden State killer, Ted Bundy - mostly normal seeming guys with jobs and families.

When the discussion was maybe one of the victims had a stalker, i thought of Stephen McDaniel … that freak was about to graduate from law school IIRC

And Yingying Zhang’s killer was a grad student, altho IIRC he’d become disenchanted with his course of study…

This does seem like the work of someone who’s stored up more rage than seems possible for a young person just a couple of years out of his parents’ house….

Or maybe, given the mess left behind, it’s the work of someone emotional & impulsive with no real-world experience…
All JMO, just musing

I’m so far behind but here is my theory on the 911 call.

Two surviving roommates hear something in the night, get scared and lock their doors. Or maybe they both went into one room and locked up. Anyway, they convince themselves they’re being paranoid.

Next morning they wake up and don’t hear their roommates, they text, they call, no response so they start to panic but feel silly calling 911 so they call a friend to come check things out. Friend finds a body and one of the roommates calls 911 but is upset and crying so friend who came over talks to 911 operator.

All JMO

Yeah also houses like this turn over every year from one group of students to another - maybe a former resident of the house who knew the whole layout (& entry code) from his time there? If so, maybe someone who lived there without any roommates on the lower level so he didn’t think to go down there ? MOO Total speculation on my part…
I would guess that LE has a list of former residents and has already investigated them - if only because of their history of living in the house, familiarity with the layout, etc. to rule them out. moo

MOO: Perhaps that isn’t a victim’s vehicle. I believe that could be the vehicle of someone visiting one of the surviving roommates, and it’s possible that this person might have been an overnight guest. Again, JMO.

Edited to add: This doesn’t mean that there is any culpability, or that anyone is a suspect. I’m just making an observation about a vehicle.
In my completely random, own opinion, based on the opinion of people who live around the house and seem familiar with the vehicles, that is Madi’s car. Once again, my own opinion, I don’t live there, could totally be wrong.

And I'll further state what we don't know what we don't know. Who owns the house? Could someone have planted surveillance cameras like so many sickos do when they rent a house? I have bartended and I have had regulars literally stalk me. If she bartended they need to talk to the other bartenders. I literally said to my coworkers, if something happens to be XYZ did it and this is his license plate.

The more I turn this over in my head, the more I’m convinced that the killer was already inside the house when the four students arrived home at 1:45 AM.

There was at least one vacant bedroom, possibly too, if Kaylee had already moved out. The killer could have easily hidden in a vacant bedroom, knowing that the victims likely would not have a reason to enter that room.

I think he was already hiding in the house because police believe the victims were killed shortly after falling asleep. The last call was at 2:52. The authorities say the murders happened between 3 AM and 5 AM.

If this was a party house, how would the killer know everyone was asleep, unless he was already waiting in the house, and waiting for the house to fall silent?

I think it was somebody who was targeting Kaylee, knew that this was going to be one of her last times on campus, and laid in wait for her to arrive home and fall asleep.
I don't disagree, but if law enforcement thought that was the case, wouldn't they ask for video footage from before the time of the murders? I.e. earlier in the night?

Do we know the dog was there? I didn’t see where that was confirmed. I assumed it was with her parents since she just came back from being at home.
In this video Kaylee's sister says when the girls got home, they let the dog out to go potty.

Given the speed of this thread, I fear this has already been fully discussed…. but… strange that one person could be stabbed in her bed without sufficient noise & disturbance to wake up someone else in the same room … so two victims in separate beds in the same room is odd…

is it possible that these victims had been “roofied” or otherwise drugged during their night out or after, & that’s why they were so unresponsive?
JMO

I don’t understand how this narrative shifted from the press conference yesterday to where you all are saying they called friends to come over instead of the police. This easily could just be friends coming over to pick up a friend without a car to go get food, study, or hang out and that’s how they discovered it at the same time. Maybe the roommate called 911 from her phone but was unable to speak so the friend took over. They also haven’t specifically said it wasn’t a roommate that called 911.
Because Moscow Police said so in their update yesterday (Nov 20)

This is from their FB page:

Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence on one of the surviving roommates’ cell phone. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before a Moscow Police officer arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found the four victims on the second and third floors.
City of Moscow Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member