ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s been some discussion about The 3 floors with Murders occurring On Just the 2nd And 3rd floors and the survivors been on the 1st floor, From looking At the Large house, it looks like it’s built on the side of An incline or slope, If You enter from the front Door, Aren’t they on the 2nd floor, And need to go down to get to the bottom floor? And If You entered from the back of the House You would enter on the 1st floor, Because The property slopes Down, Is this The case Or Am I incorrect?

Why didn't anyone hear the dog going berserk?

Either inside or outside the house?

Could the killer have let the dog out?

Could the killer have let the dog back in?

Could the killer have locked the dog in a bathroom or spare bedroom during the murders?

Are there paw prints of the dog following or chasing or confronting the killer?

Are there paw prints of the dog protecting one or more of the victims?

The dog may not be able to talk, but his tracks might speak just as loud.

All moo.
Yes, these are the questions I have. Was the dog crated? These dogs, especially as puppies are high energy. I cant imagine the dog not reacting at all to someone in the house after everyone went to bed.
Also wouldnt the dog be barking to go out in the morning? Surely he couldnt be sitting still until noon the next day when 911 was called? I really want to know more about poor Murphy.

There’s been some discussion about The 3 floors with Murders occurring On Just the 2nd And 3rd floors and the survivors been on the 1st floor, From looking At the Large house, it looks like it’s built on the side of An incline or slope, If You enter from the front Door, Aren’t they on the 2nd floor, And need to go down to get to the bottom floor? And If You entered from the back of the House You would enter on the 1st floor, Because The property slopes Down, Is this The case Or Am I incorrect?
Thats correct, the house is built on a hill. However, the "back side" of the house is the side with only 2 floors. The front entrance is on the parking level, thats where the door code lock is

You just have the house reversed. The front you’re referring to is the back and vice versa. The yard slopes up, not down.

The front door is on the first floor. The backyard slopes up. The back door opens on the second floor, which is the sliding door.

There's speculation on these threads that the killer changed clothes. Perhaps they didn't change OUT of their clothes after the killings, but INTO some clothes? Just talking basics of a shirt, pants, and some kind of footwear. Wouldn't it be easier for them to bring something like a Hazmat suit, for example (and really I don't know if a Hazmat suit would do it; I'm just using an example) and slip into that afterwards, rather than a shirt, pants, and another pair of shoes or boots that they'd have to lug around trying to get out afterwards? Or maybe they had something like that on to begin with, and they could slip it off afterwards?
Or PPE over clothing and shoes, maybe?
Leaving would be about wearing street clothes to avoid increased attention, IMO.

Maybe This is one reason why the survivors weren’t bothered, I’m late to all this And maybe this Has already been discussed

And the nature of the wounds.
It seems likely to me that at least one of the victims had arterial spray that would have hit the floor. Most likely more than one if they were in fact sleeping. Sorry to say it this way but a kill shot on one strike, then stabbing again to make sure. I believe this is a horrific scene. I hope the first responders have had adequate care.

From Sunday Press Conf with LE: "We know that the autopsies confirmed the identity of the four victims. Determined the cause and manner of death as homicide by stabbing and determined that it was likely all four victims were asleep during the attack. Some of the victims had defensive wounds and each victim was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault."

To go into other people's home and kill 4 people screams predator. Then you consider the possible type of combat knife used. Very unlikely it was a woman. Backed by stats.

If someone experienced wanted to quietly and efficiently dispatch 4 people they might well choose a Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife (type of dagger) rather than a multi-purpose Ka-Bar.

Backed by OSS, Marine Raiders, Ay Rangers and WWII

just sayin' ;)

Honestly a multi-purpose Ka-Bar is useful as a camp knife. Good for minor wood chopping, brush clearing, animal processing, trap making, etc.

If there are any stab marks into solid material, hopefully they will yield blade thickness along with width and profile. That will really narrow the murder weapon down more than soft tissue injuries.

There have probably been millions of Ka-Bar knockoffs sold in the US. Any metal residue would be massively useful for narrowing down composition, melts, etc.

Anyway, LE looking for a Ka-Bar (style?) recent sale hopefully indicates they have some detail. If it is in fact a Ka-Bar style I'd think someone with outdoors experience or one who went to shop spontaneously for what they perceived would be a suitable knife for a murder, rather than a trained assassin.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairbairn--Sykes_fighting_knife

Goodness! Whatever you all are talking about NEVER google "youtube keyhole satellite surveillance " let alone wander down the garden path of gunshot triangulation or sweeping areas with a false mobile connection that transmits to a tower without interruption yet collects the data of what devices requested access to those towers without a warrant. Carnivore surveillance.
So my question is, how far can the FBI take these investigation methods without a warrant and will/can/was it used in this circumstance?
"Carnivore surveillance"
I'm all in favor of using technology to solve & prevent crimes but much of that stuff just creeps me out. Ah, for the good ole days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonsuli