ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO "They" should know if the suspect was wearing gloves. Gloves have "fingerprints" of their own. My house was broken into and my house collects a lot of dust. I could tell the person was wearing gloves since the fingerprints had square impressions all over the prints. IMO If the suspect closed the door and locked it, there could be a goldmine of evidence on the door if he was not wearing gloves. IMO And it is beginning to look like the caller to 911 might have been banging on the door of one of the victims and assumed the roommate might have been unconscious since she did not come to the door. IMO The suspect probably made sure to close and lock all doors to thwart the progress of the investigation. IMO
Looking at these girls social medias, they had a lot of parties there. I can’t imagine how many random prints are in that house and maybe even DNA.

They haven’t said too much about the layout of the house but maybe the two survivors were on the 1st floor and since this could have been a basement when the home was originally built maybe it had a door at the end of the stairs and this was locked preventing the person from ending their lives as well. If there was a door at each end of the stairs separating each floor this could also be why LE originally thought they were individual apartments.
it has been stated by the police that the surviving roommates bedrooms were on the very 1st floor

Imagine working At That restaurant, waitresses make money on tips which means being extra nice and treating your customers like They’re extra special, Then Add An unstable person Who starts to believe one of the girls actually is paying extra attention to only him, You can play out the rest using your imagination but in short over a period of a few weeks and many generous tips as his fascination grows He’s infatuated with one of them and Makes His move and Is Soundly rejected! He’s devistated! His sadness turns to anger, then rage He begins stalking her constantly watches her house watches her at work And decides if He can’t have Her Then She Has To Die! And He plans it All out! … This Is How I See It… Just can’t figure out why the 2 girls Were spared.. This is just my opinion..Forensics Will solved This And Well Find out the real truth, Let’s Hear everyone’s motive, With so much speculation someone Is sure to get it right…
Agree with that being a possibility, most definitely. Customer service is so risky in that regard, goodness gracious.

Some years ago I helped a customer find an item. Got the impression he had been at his wits-end looking for that item. He was so grateful he then proceeds to tell me and I quote "if you weren't married I'd kidnap you and snatch you up from here." (I have what I call a 'deterrent/deflector' as I've never worked for tips, so if some creepy rando wants to think I'm married, then good). Gave him an awkward smile and stared him down until his exit and helped the next person. I stay reading about this type of stuff...I'm not the person to say those words to. Nearly everybody around me then knew those words were spoken to me (LP, management, coworkers, friends, neighbors, bar-mates, and now y'all).

I'll theorize an inverse, yet demented, version of one of the girls possibly being stalked. Say one of the five tenants were being stalked - that possibilty should definitely not be brushed off. What if one the tenants, even the survivors, had been talking to someone off-and-on throughout the previous months or even YEARS (or maybe the exchanges were simply limited to the tenant waiting on him as a regular customer throughout the months, possibly years, prior). Well, say that off-and-on dude has demonstrated his fixation of tenant to an unstable female he knows. That unstable female then sees one of the five tenants as a threat. She then becomes the stalker getting any and every idiot she knows to join in acting as her flying monkeys around the percieved threat/tenant. Tenant remains totally oblivious to the existence of the unstable female, but may be thinking she's being stalked by the off-and-on dude...all the while it's actually the unstable female and her flying monkeys. Leading me to say maybe one of the unstable female's flying monkeys is behind this. That would explain tenant feeling stalked as well as the lack of evidence of tenant being stalked as the two had never spoken or communicated in any sort of way.

“Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence” - Carl Sagan

All just my opinion and speculation.

Looking at these girls social medias, they had a lot of parties there. I can’t imagine how many random prints are in that house and maybe even DNA.
IMO If there are fingerprints on top of fingerprints, they might be able to get a clear fingerprint of the last one. And there is now touch DNA that is really helpful. IMO

it has been stated by the police that the surviving roommates bedrooms were on the very 1st floor
Good to know. I missed that somewhere it has been hard to keep up. So I wonder if there was one single door blocking 2nd floor from the 1st or did each girl have to individually lock their own specific doors.

Respectfully I never said that the perp made calls on M&K's phones, did you confuse my post with another?
Glad I'm not the only one with the idea the dog may have been purposely let out by the attacker.
Sorry- the person you were replying to had said that. Not you. It was in same chain of replies. EDITED original post to clarify.

Last edited:
Agree that perp may have been in the house already and let the dog out, hid on third floor if M or K was intended target, and calls were to dog’s co-owner worried about dog’s whereabouts. Do not agree with the idea of someone else who posted in this chain that perp made calls on M/K phones because would not know their passwords to open their phones. Possible scenario: M&K got home, ate the food from grub truck on second floor kitchen/common area, then went upstairs to room where dog was supposed to be, dog not there, worried calls until 2:52, possibly also asked X&E if they had any idea about dog’s whereabouts, house settles down after M/K conclude dog will come home on its own or is with co-owner even though not planned in advance, both sleeping in M’s bed since K already moved out, then perp emerges from 3rd floor hiding place and attacks them, comes downstairs to leave and encounters E&X and kills them also though that was not part of the original plan, exits thru sliding door off kitchen. All obviously speculation and MOO. My sincere sympathies to the families and friends.
I've thought much the same. Also, is it possible that animal control picked up the dog that night? Maybe even when the killer was hiding in the house waiting for his targets to arrive?

From what I know of this, that’s typically skewed with crimes involving guns. I would be very impressed if someone was able to potentially “break into” a home, kill four individuals - with possible defensive wounds - and not leave behind any hard evidence (DNA, fingerprint)
I would be surprised too. Either incredibly lucky (so far, and don't like referring to it as luck either) or it was planned extensively? I'd like to think there aren't a lot of masterminds (again for lack of a better word, sigh), running around amongst us. I also feel like a rental house that could have revolving occupants, and perhaps visitors, could really complicate forensic analysis. Sort of like scattering a bag of salon hair or nail clippings all about a crime scene, a made-up/not real hypothetical example.

But the circle of friends/acquaintances would seem to have pretty good explanations if some of their DNA was identified inside & outside the premises. In my opinion, DNA alone might not be enough, depending where it is found and what it is. This is assumes the perpetrator/s were not cut during the attacks or left behind some form of unexplainable DNA. Cut-resistant gloves come to mind as pure speculation, but I'm still hoping there's some form of noticeable injury, at least currently. MOO.

I think it’s someone known to them.

One possibility in my mind but TOS prevents me from that speculation.

My other thought is that there was some incident at the party at the frat house E and X were at.

My understanding is the frat house is only 10 minutes walk away.

Someone/s has followed them, waited for them to go to sleep before killing them.

Then when cleaning himself up, K and M come home and recognise this person ask them what they are doing here. Perhaps the person is a friend or fraternity member.

The person offers an innocent explanation, helping E and X home, they were both drunk or whatever excuse, and now I’m leaving.

Killer realises that K and M will know it was him when the bodies are found so he waits for them to full asleep before killing them too.

Perhaps that’s why the girls call J. They have an uneasy feeling, something feels off, but he doesn’t answer so they shrug it off and fall asleep.
I also think it’s possible that something happened at the frat party that made E and X the intended targets - maybe an argument with another frat member who felt slighted/embarrassed and wanted to exact revenge on E and/or X?
IMO, I’ve always thought that K called J because she felt uneasy but brushed it off and didn’t think it warranted a call to LE.

Good to know. I missed that somewhere it has been hard to keep up. So I wonder if there was one single door blocking 2nd floor from the 1st or did each girl have to individually lock their own specific doors.
Look at the floorplans posted on here and the pics on Zillow. Each girl had her own bedroom door, presumably lockable. No lock at top or bottom of the 1st floor up to 2nd floor staircase.

In the absence of further information, I am leaning towards M and K being in the same bed. K had only returned that weekend to show her new car, so I don't believe she was the specific target at this point. Unless an altercation happened that night with someone she knew.

That leaves M, X or E as the intended targets (if indeed one individual was targeted). I then tend to lean towards M, with K being killed as she was in the same room/bed. Why X and E were killed as well, I don't know. Perhaps they witnessed the crime/saw the attacker? Perhaps all of them were targets (but then why not the two on the ground floor?). The only reason I don't think X or E were the intended targets is because M and K were killed, but two others were not.

Then again, you could argue the same for X and E being killed if M was the target - except the point of entry appears to be on the same floor as them. The killer had to be on the same level as them. To me, that makes it seem more likely that they were killed because their paths crossed at some point during the attack.

I could very well be wrong on all of this. We really don't know enough at the moment for me to have a solid theory, but I wanted to air my thoughts!

Idaho Police Ask for Public’s Help After Tips That 1 of the 4 Students Murdered Had a Stalker​

In an update on Nov. 22, police said investigators have "looked extensively into information they received about Kaylee Goncalves having a stalker" and pursued hundreds of tips, but they "have not been able to verify or identify a stalker."

Police are asking the public for tips regarding the potential stalker, as well as in the general case.

Idaho Police Ask for Public’s Help After Tips That 1 of the 4 Students Murdered Had a Stalker

Looks like they would take pictures on different floors interchangeably perhaps one of the girls had already locked the door and gone out but someone else decided they wanted to get a picture on that floor/balcony and left it unlocked? Either someone came in then or later when they got home as they already thought it was locked didn’t bother to check

<snipped & BBM> So the Dog was inside the house........

“It’s just been crazy, just how quiet it’s been,” T (neighbor) said. “They always had a little gathering, so they always have music going.”

Their comments follow a police update Monday night in which investigators said a dog was recovered from the home “on the night of the incident.”

“The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party,” Moscow Police said.

University of Idaho murders left surreal crime scene, neighbors say, as police reveal dog was recovered from home

<snipped & BBM> So the Dog was inside the house........

“It’s just been crazy, just how quiet it’s been,” T (neighbor) said. “They always had a little gathering, so they always have music going.”

Their comments follow a police update Monday night in which investigators said a dog was recovered from the home “on the night of the incident.”

“The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party,” Moscow Police said.

University of Idaho murders left surreal crime scene, neighbors say, as police reveal dog was recovered from home
From the press release.

 On the morning of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and then released to a responsible party.

What is everyone’s best current theory as of now?
To me, this is giving off that "Gainesville Ripper - Danny Rolling" vibe. If so, it may take a while to make an arrest.

Rolling committed his first Gainesville murder on August 24, 1990. But it would be November that same year before detectives began to consider him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member