ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
When LE said to travel in pairs, which is what they (EXKM) were already doing suggests to me that it was one person within each pair that was being targeted. If it was Kaylee and Xana, that leads back to the Mad Greek restaurant

Police are very tight lipped on this investigation.Either they know alot or they know alot of nothing.
Define targeted. Was it a grudge against one of them, or was it someone who followed someone home that night and on a whim decided to kill people in the house. I still dont understand the "unconscious person" call to 911. There was blood everywhere, floor, walls etc.how do you describe an "unconscious person", and why didnt they call 911 right away? Instead they invite numerous people into the house who contaminated the crime scene. Very weird, if you ask me. The other thing I noticed if you look inside the house, you will notice that the stairs and hallway on both floors were wood. I dont think someone trying to come into a home to kill people is going to go clompping up the stairs in shoes, anyone who has hardwood floor, or floors not carpeted, knows that makes a lot of noise. Which would have possibly woken someone in the house upstairs. Which makes me think possibly the assaliant may have taken his shoes off. There for not stepping in blood as everyone keeps saying about possible shoe tracks/marks. The dog, the dog didnt bark. The neighbors didnt hear anything, nor did the roommates that survived, if the dog was barking that would have been heard by someone.I think the dog didnt bark because he probably knew the person. Personally, I think it may have been someone who lived in the neigborhood, numerous apartment buildings surround the house. The person probably was friendly or at least knew the victim, or victims. There are reports of house parties at the house, was someone in the neigborhood invited into the house at one point, or numerouse times, where he may have known the floor plan of the house, and who was sleeping where? Also its very likely this person has used this knife before, probably a hunting knife and has used before for that purpose
Just some thoughts on this case.

I can see it this way but why no sexual assault? These are intimate murders, or seem to be, so I can't wrap my brain around this unless the killer is female (how did she overpower all of them, even in the dark with drink or drugs in their systems) or unless the target was Ethan. He would be easier to kill in a house with five women rather than a frat house filled with adult males. With Ethan as target, Xana would have to die. But then there's the question of why go upstairs to kill Kaylee and Maddie. The lack of sexual assault makes this look so much different.... does anyone recall another set of murders similar to these?
There was no time for sexual assault IMO with others in the house and potential of getting caught. I still wonder if there was more than one assailant.

My theory hasn’t changed much. I think there was an immediacy to this crime. My guess is that the four victims were in a common area after coming home. I think the killer came by while they were all together. I think a nasty argument ensued.

It could have simply been generated by alcohol or maybe the killer arrived angry…maybe from something that occured at the bar or at the frat party…or maybe because of the break-up. Kaylee’s sister said she was a ’fighter’ ‘defender’ of those she cared about…so she might have even inserted herself into an argument that had nothing to do with her. I think the killer was told to leave or just stormed out, furious. If he left by the sliding door, maybe no one remembered to lock it again after this blow-up.

At this point, they all go to their respective rooms. Maybe Kaylee was staying in Maddie’s room if she already had moved out. Regardless, they were together and started repeatedly calling the ex. Maybe because they wanted to tell him what hsppened, maybe he knew ‘the visitor’, maybe they wanted advice, or if he was the one they argued with, to smooth it over because words went too far. In any event, the calls were not answered.

I think the Killer went back and got the knife and returned absolutely furious with those four. He had no isdues with the other two roommates. My guess…He took out Ethan first because he was the only one who could stop him. It may have been X in the hallway because she might have gotten out of bed and tried to getaway. But she did not get far.

Then he went upstairs.

This is all guesswork, and as I said…could be any number of individuals. But I think whatever motivated the killer came to a head that night.

A lot of it makes sense but a couple of show stoppers for me.

The police have shown no interest in the period 1.45-3.00 AM. They are looking for evidence of 3-6. Unless something happened later in the evening as a similar chain of events I’d expect police to want to look at earlier evidence. That blows a bit of a hole in the argument, left, armed and came back for me.

Secondly I’d expect if that had happened at least one of the housemates would have shared something in the intervening period and they would have a suspect. All suggestions are that at least a few of the victims were very into their phones, texting, social media etc… I find it hard to believe that if there was a large escalation with someone they knew not one of the 4 would have texted or otherwise sent any digital message between it happening and being murdered. Possible I suppose if the perpetrator was only away for a very short period of time. But the fact they were asleep doesn’t suggest that. Big fight, lots of adrenaline, to then be asleep when someone truths suggests a reasonable time window

There is evidence. But all the evidence needs to be collected, processed and analysed. Information needs to be gathered. For DNA and fingerprints you need a sample to compare it with. It all is not easy and takes time. A lot of time. We need patience.
I get that. But it seems to me like if it was as sloppy as they initially said, there would be more distinctive evidence. There are many instances of murder where somebody is arrested right away. The fact that all of this analysis needs to be done tells me that it’s not as messy as they originally thought.

I think he meant photos taken that night. Maybe at student parties.

Then when spoken about objects missing, the knife is the obvious thing to come to mind.

He was being deliberately vague, though. He only wants people close to the suspects to understand him.
I guess it could imply that they believe it is someone known to the victims, and perhaps known in their friendship circles; if I’d been in the area/been in close contact with the victims that night, I’d be analysing that and thinking whether anything that maybe seemed normal that night was actually amiss.

Last edited:
Just my own thoughts--
It still bothers me that LE is saying that the victims were asleep. How can they possibly know that? There's no "sleep test". They were in their rooms, and apparently in bed, but I don't think that's an automatic "sleep".
The other thing I wonder about: LE says all 4 were stabbed in their chest (didn't say back, or any other parts of their body). What are the chances, even if they were asleep, that all 4 were coincidentally on their backs? For a side sleeper, I would think that the killer would have an awkward angle to do the stabbing. For stomach sleepers, they would have had to flip them over to get them in stabbing position. And in the dark of night, how did the killer see where they were stabbing, anyway?

great point but they said it was targeted so they know something to not tell residents to be safe, lock doors etc. As if there was never any threat to the general public.
They did not not advise caution and safety protocols. In fact the official who answered alluded to a possible recommendations forthcoming for some students to move/change living arrangements.
Waiting for transcript or exact quote.

What a weird set of floorplans. It's also obviously incorrect. According to the provided floorplans there isn't even a set of stairs leading to the third floor. The windows in the upper left bedroom on the second floor are wrong as well as there are clearly no windows on the side of the house. The door to the lower right bedroom on the second floor is also wrong. Are these supposed to be official plans or some reporters drawing. Either way, very weird. Maybe they are pre-renovation?
They look like the plans submitted for building development in 2018-19.

I think there is relevance to where X&E were after frat party/before coming home. Maybe perp was there, something happened with perp to trigger, etc. And that's why that information hasn't been released. I'm sure anyone connected with them socially would have some idea of where they were at that time i.e. LE knows where they were but aren't releasing it

Just my own thoughts--
It still bothers me that LE is saying that the victims were asleep. How can they possibly know that? There's no "sleep test". They were in their rooms, and apparently in bed, but I don't think that's an automatic "sleep".
The other thing I wonder about: LE says all 4 were stabbed in their chest (didn't say back, or any other parts of their body). What are the chances, even if they were asleep, that all 4 were coincidentally on their backs? For a side sleeper, I would think that the killer would have an awkward angle to do the stabbing. For stomach sleepers, they would have had to flip them over to get them in stabbing position. And in the dark of night, how did the killer see where they were stabbing, anyway?
Fitbits? Apple Watches? None of the victims seem to wear them though from what I can see in photos of them.

A lot of it makes sense but a couple of show stoppers for me.

The police have shown no interest in the period 1.45-3.00 AM. They are looking for evidence of 3-6. Unless something happened later in the evening as a similar chain of events I’d expect police to want to look at earlier evidence. That blows a bit of a hole in the argument, left, armed and came back for me.

Secondly I’d expect if that had happened at least one of the housemates would have shared something in the intervening period and they would have a suspect. All suggestions are that at least a few of the victims were very into their phones, texting, social media etc… I find it hard to believe that if there was a large escalation with someone they knew not one of the 4 would have texted or otherwise sent any digital message between it happening and being murdered. Possible I suppose if the perpetrator was only away for a very short period of time. But the fact they were asleep doesn’t suggest that. Big fight, lots of adrenaline, to then be asleep when someone truths suggests a reasonable time window
I agree with this. Unless they are just terrible at their jobs -If they don’t know who did this- one would assume they would be asking for public tips regarding earlier in the evening at the places that victims were that night , like at the bar, food truck, frat house. Why are they only asking for info from 3-6?

I think there is relevance to where X&E were after frat party/before coming home. Maybe perp was there, something happened with perp to trigger, etc. And that's why that information hasn't been released. I'm sure anyone connected with them socially would have some idea of where they were at that time

I can see it this way but why no sexual assault? These are intimate murders, or seem to be, so I can't wrap my brain around this unless the killer is female (how did she overpower all of them, even in the dark with drink or drugs in their systems) or unless the target was Ethan. He would be easier to kill in a house with five women rather than a frat house filled with adult males. With Ethan as target, Xana would have to die. But then there's the question of why go upstairs to kill Kaylee and Maddie. The lack of sexual assault makes this look so much different.... does anyone recall another set of murders similar to these?
There was no time for sexual assault IMO with others in the house and potential of getting caught. I still wonder if there was more than one assailant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value