ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it is strange that LE is not revealing details around the 911 call. With all of the questions surrounding it - why no call til noon next day? What do they mean by operator spoke to multiple people? Why did they think it was an ”unconscious person” when coroner described scene as having a lot of blood? Who made the call?

Seems that LE would want to clear up some of this confusion unless the info would interfere with investigation. I would take this to mean that they believe answers to these questions could have some relation to a suspect.
I had this thought as well. That have stated that the 911 caller is not a suspect, but also won't release the 911 call as it is part of the investigation? It's odd

I have so many thought on this case. There are so many possibilities that its hard to wrap my head around. I still think we could be looking at a serial killer. You hear a lot of talk about the frenzy and rage of these killings, but there are also indications of possibly being very methodical as well. You can have both in one serial killer. Someone who can be careful and methodical, but also lose control at the time the murder is committed. I personally don't think the use of a knife necessarily points to it being personal. It can, but it could also be the MO of a thrill killer or serial killer. MOO
I'm not sure the violence in this case was necessarily due to loss of control. I think, based on what I've seen, that the violence was more in line with the amount of force needed to overcome the victims. It looks like loss of control, but everything else about the incident suggests a great deal of control. Otherwise we'd probably have a suspect by now.

“On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and later released to a responsible party.”
King Road Homicide Moscow, ID

They will end up fixing this as it adds additional confusion, unless it is accurate??
It implies officers were present at the residence on the night of the incident, rather than showing up the next day when 911 was called.
So, were they called about a stray dog that happened to be Murphy?? And responded to that call and took him to Animal Services, and then later arrived to the 911 call?
If so, there should be a log entry Nov 12 or Nov 13 that says they responded to a call of a stray dog near that address and took it to Animal Services.

I read through, unless the dog had wandered and was not at the residence, there is no log entry for them finding Murphy.

Agree, For Pete’s sake why don’t they just tell everyone where/when they found the dog??

JMO
If an owner retrieves a dog from Animal Services, is there a charge to pick him up? A missing dog coukd be a very emotional issue. Add money to kids maybe on a tight budget…or someone being blamed…interesting if there is any substance.

And that strange LE comment, things that weren’t there that should have been there. (something like that.)

All speculation of course.

IMO I am not positive they have the guy in Delphi responsible for the murders. I am sure he is involved in the CP ring tho. All the silence in that case is strange also to me. What, its been 4 yrs and they haven't even realeased the Manner of Death. Let alone all the other documents not released in that case.
They still have to prosecute the case. They won't release important evidence before that is over

I'm not sure the violence in this case was necessarily due to loss of control. I think, based on what I've seen, that the violence was more in line with the amount of force needed to overcome the victims. It looks like loss of control, but everything else about the incident suggests a great deal of control. Otherwise we'd probably have a suspect by now.
You can have both aspects in a serial killer. Also seems like a knife to the throat would have been better to over come the victims then a frenzied stabbing. MOO

Kaylee and Maddie walked from the club to the food truck right? I wonder if anyone confronted or followed them during that time. Maybe some security camera footage captured them walking and possibly show someone following them. Long shot but worth a look. Imo
I don't know if them walking has been confirmed. I always thought they did.

This dog is driving me crazy! Forget about the dog. Why in the world would the killer let the dog out of the house? Your thoughts are that the dog would interrupt the killer's plans later on? Letting a dog out of the house would only attract attention. Dog wants to come back in and starts barking. They come home realize they aren't greeted by dog and start looking throughout the house for dog. It would make no sense at all to do that.

She was probably calling and calling because that's what people do when someone they are trying to get a hold of does not respond or pick up the call. For all we know, she may have been worried about his safety, and didn't care about the dog at all : )

The dog could be very relevant if a person entered the home while all of the residents were out on the town. If K had moved out and wasn’t regularly there, then the dog hadn’t been there. The perp could have come into the home before, when the dog wasn’t there.
So now How could a stranger hide in the home and wait for them to come home? Wouldn’t the dog give them up?
Letting the dog outside would prevent giving them up, but it would also confuse the girls when they arrived home.
If we assume there was interaction between all of the roommates when they ended their evening at home- if the dog was missing the surviving roommates would then know. They all would have been outside looking. Also the calls to JD would include a text or voicemail saying the dog was not in the house- missing.
Lots of speculation- but I’m of the opinion that the dog matters.
They kept it inside, he was not equipped with fur to be outside in sub freezing temps. So, how does a dog react if a stranger comes into the home and murders four people?
Wouldn’t he have evidence on him? Yes, even if he was in common area and the doors to rooms were closed. The perp had to cross the path of the dog unless he was crated??
I suppose we will find out if the perp has dog hair on him?
Blood spatter on clothing is a perfect place for pet hair to stick!
JMO

Last edited:
Why is it that on the "non-suspects" list they are vague and do not specify which of the males at the Grub Truck is not a suspect?

It just says Male in the Grub Truck video. There were obviously two males there with whom they distinctly interacted, one engaging them in conversation and the other saying he was making sure the girls got home safely. One of these guys admitted to be interviewed by police. We've heard nothing about the other one.

I thought Kaylee had recently moved out as well. So there were 4 actually living there when this crime was commited.
As I understand it there's been nothing confirmed of her actually having moved her stuff out. The mother stated she was at home for thanksgiving holidays but decided to go back to show her friends her car.

This is why media is speculating as to whether Kaylee was killed in her own room or in Maddie's room.

They still have to prosecute the case. They won't release important evidence before that is over
So sometime in the last 6 yrs it has become normal not to release a manner of death, a probable cause affidavit, the search warrants and every thing else? How is the manner of death important evidence? All of this is routinely released in murder cases that are still under investigation.

“On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and later released to a responsible party.”
King Road Homicide Moscow, ID

They will end up fixing this as it adds additional confusion, unless it is accurate??
It implies officers were present at the residence on the night of the incident, rather than showing up the next day when 911 was called.
So, were they called about a stray dog that happened to be Murphy?? And responded to that call and took him to Animal Services, and then later arrived to the 911 call?
If so, there should be a log entry Nov 12 or Nov 13 that says they responded to a call of a stray dog near that address and took it to Animal Services.

I read through, unless the dog had wandered and was not at the residence, there is no log entry for them finding Murphy.

Agree, For Pete’s sake why don’t they just tell everyone where/when they found the dog??

JMO
That stood out to me as well, because earlier in the document they specifically mention people having gone out on the 12th and returning on the 13th.

The dog could be very relevant if a person entered the home while all of the residents were out on the town. If K had moved out and wasn’t regularly there, then the dog hadn’t been there. The perp could have come into the home before, when the dog wasn’t there.
So now How could a stranger hide in the home and wait for them to come home? Wouldn’t the dog give them up?
Letting the dog outside would prevent giving them up, but it would also confuse the girls when they arrived home.
If we assume there was interaction between all of the roommates when they ended their evening at home- if the dog was missing the surviving roommates would then know. They all would have been outside looking. Also the calls to JD would include a text or voicemail saying the dog was not in the house- missing.
Lots of speculation- but I’m of the opinion that the dog matters.
They kept it inside, he was not equipped with fur to be outside in sub freezing temps. So, how does a dog react if a stranger comes into the home and murders four people?
Wouldn’t he have evidence on him? Unless he was in common area and the doors to rooms were closed.
I suppose we will find out if the perp has dog hair on him?
JMO
Why risk letting the dog out tho? He was about to kill 4 people, so why not kill the dog also? I think the killer was familiar to the dog. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me. There is no way he was out all night in the cold without barking. Either way, I agree that the dog’s where a-bouts are important.

I thought Kaylee had recently moved out as well. So there were 4 actually living there when this crime was committed.
Yes, I got that impression from K's family interviews also; so if only four housemates were actually living there then it narrows down the perps motive/ 'target' to:
1) either X or M?? (E + K in the wrong place at the wrong time) then it was potentially a planned murder
2) either E or K (X or M collateral damage) then it was possibly a revenge murder
The Johhny Laws video suggests that either way the prep knew the house layout and entered+exited through the second level patio door???
IMHO

On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor.

This is the first time I've seen the chain of events for the morning of the 13th laid out officially like this and it's sort of making my head spin. Like others I wrote off the "unconscious person" report in the beginning, thinking that was simply the phrasing of the 911 operator, but after reading the newest presser it seems to have been more than that.

I don't understand how there could have been that much uncertainty and back-and-forth about whether someone was "passed out" when it's been confirmed (also in the above link) that ALL the victims had MULTIPLE stab wounds. Did anyone even see the bodies before LE got there? As unlikely as it seems I'm starting to wonder if the killer DID somehow lock the bedroom doors behind him or the victims were otherwise hidden from view. Perhaps- as someone here suggested previously- there was an alarm going off in one of the bedrooms continuously and that alerted the survivors' that something was wrong, rather than discovering one of the bodies?

To be clear, I do NOT think the surviving roommates were involved in any way and am not insinuating such at all. Please snip/delete my post if it comes off that way because I really feel for those girls and am dismayed by how their names & faces have been made so public!
My questions are more about how the killer could possibly have left the scene (location of bodies etc..) that whether the victims were alive or not seems to have been up for such debate. I feel like I've not made myself super clear (it's so early!) but did anyone else think similarly after reading that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa