ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why risk letting the dog out tho? He was about to kill 4 people, so why not kill the dog also? I think the killer was familiar to the dog. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me. There is no way he was out all night in the cold without barking. Either way, I agree that the dog’s where a-bouts are important.
I never thought of it that way. I believe not letting the dog out was more of a risk. Thanks bringing another aspect to it for me.

Why risk letting the dog out tho? He was about to kill 4 people, so why not kill the dog also? I think the killer was familiar to the dog. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me. There is no way he was out all night in the cold without barking. Either way, I agree that the dog’s where a-bouts are important.
I don’t discount that the perp may have been familiar to the dog, that doesn’t mean the perp is necessarily familiar to the girls in the house.

If we think like a perp, they come to the house when the dog is in the yard and give it treats. Then when they show up to do their thing, the dog doesn’t consider them a stranger.
But- if they plan to hide in a vacant room, the dog may sit at the door waiting for treats, so you put him outside.

In any and every event I can imagine- the dog matters. He was in the home from the time K arrived to Moscow, as she likely brought him with her. So the dog was there, and had been there, so his hair could be everywhere- including on the perp.
If a person is sticky with blood- that is a great place for dog hair to stick.

JMO

This may have already been discussed, apologies if it has, as i have missed several of these threads.

What is the speculation regarding the residents calling their friends, rather than 911, when they found one of the victims unresponsive, surely if they were stabbed there would have been blood, potentially a lot of it, it seems bizarre they would call a friend to come rather than calling for emergency.

Do we know that for sure? Have the police disclosed that no one was with the survivors overnight?

No, we have no idea if there were other people sleeping over with the surviving roommates.
What we do know is they are 20 yr old females in college. Maybe they do not want their parents to know they had guys in their room??

It is common to tell roommates if a bf is staying over, or have a signal that means do not disturb and roommates don’t just walk in when someone is staying over.

JMO- Prayers for these young women I cannot imagine the trauma, this is a life changing event for anyone

I still think it is a solo job.. once I know their plans… just got to figure out when they are home… hmmm… they might be far. Not a walking distance… unless I’m 5 min walk… need a car or bike …
Me too - unfortunately, from Ted Bundy and the Gainesville campus murders, we know one assailant can accomplish this alone. I'm thinking a younger guy who's familiar with the immediate area, even if he's not considered to be a member of their crowd.

Do we know that for sure? Have the police disclosed that no one was with the survivors overnight?
Since the murders Police have only ever said there were two others in the house that night. They summonsed friends to come over when they woke up and found one of them unresponsive.

IF the surviving roommates had people sleep over why would Police keep that info quiet?

'Detectives believe that on November 12th, the two surviving roommates had also been out in the Moscow community, separately, but returned home by 1 a.m. on November 13th. The two did not wake up until later that morning.'

IMO it is strange that LE is not revealing details around the 911 call. With all of the questions surrounding it - why no call til noon next day? What do they mean by operator spoke to multiple people? Why did they think it was an ”unconscious person” when coroner described scene as having a lot of blood? Who made the call?

Seems that LE would want to clear up some of this confusion unless the info would interfere with investigation. I would take this to mean that they believe answers to these questions could have some relation to a suspect.
Having been a sorority girl with a lot of roommates, I imagine that everyone slept as late as they could manage. One of the survivors thinks it's weird that she's the first one up, checks on non-survivors, clearly sees that something is horribly wrong (might even go into shock), calls friend not in the house who tells her to call the police/ambulance. This chaos wakes the other survivor, who also looks at situation and has similar reaction, so dispatcher ends up talking to more than one person.

I agree, why not kill the dog?
If a person can conceive, plan, and then act to murder a person, and then four people, why would a dog matter?
Just maybe there is a reason this dog matters that we are unaware?
We’ve only been told he was located and brought to Animal Services, then retrieved by a responsible party. We need to know where and when IMO

JMO

Yes, I have contemplated the LE facts released, the statement by the neighbour about the regular parties at the residence and watched Johnny Laws YouTube discussion of the house layout, which indicates entrances on the first and second floors only! I sense the Perp knew the house layout to complete 4 murders in such a relatively short period!

But what seems unclear (unless I've missed this info) is Which of the six housemates that were there on that fateful night actually lived there permanently and which where having random sleepovers such as EC!

This info is so important if the LE are suggesting this as targeted murder...
(Target was X and E just happened to be there)

my thoughts only
I agree with you. This perp could have been visiting a friend or relative in one of the buildings close by with a full/partial view of the house. He could have drifted over to the house many times in the past where the girls were having noisy parties with many guests, and just blended into the background without arousing suspicion. At some point, he strikes up a conversation with one or both of the girls and may/or may not have had his advances rejected. This would have afforded him a great idea of the layout the house. I just think this guy was comfortable in this area of town.

This may have already been discussed, apologies if it has, as i have missed several of these threads.

What is the speculation regarding the residents calling their friends, rather than 911, when they found one of the victims unresponsive, surely if they were stabbed there would have been blood, potentially a lot of it, it seems bizarre they would call a friend to come rather than calling for emergency.
We don’t technically know the roommates found anybody with blood. One discussion has been bedrooms were locked and roommates couldn’t get in. Banging on doors, dog barking, calling phones with no answer. Therefore called friend(s) to say something weird is going on. Then called 911.

We were wondering what the Investigators were looking at in Post #21. I went onto Google maps. I squared the window the Investigator was looking out of (reference Post #21) and came up with one possibility (circled in red):

View attachment 382750

This is only one possibility, and JMVHO.

Another is the building directly across the street:

View attachment 382751

Again, JMVHO.

Apologies for the repeated edits.
I wonder if there is a camera on the red brick building that was facing the house. In the first pic that someone posted, there could be one on the corner of the building.

Follow up thought. Maybe after friends came over, they walked around to balcony and looked in Maddie and Kaylees room and saw blood? Do we even know they were in one room?

Having been a sorority girl with a lot of roommates, I imagine that everyone slept as late as they could manage. One of the survivors thinks it's weird that she's the first one up, checks on non-survivors, clearly sees that something is horribly wrong (might even go into shock), calls friend not in the house who tells her to call the police/ambulance. This chaos wakes the other survivor, who also looks at situation and has similar reaction, so dispatcher ends up talking to more than one person.
And they would go outside…
There is no way those two young women would have supposed something was very wrong enough to call friends to help, and then call 911 and stay in the house.

They would have gone outside, sat in a warm car, or stay nearby with a neighbor.
A house with five young women is never quiet unless everyone is asleep Someone gets up and makes coffee, and pancakes and bacon, someone turns on music And begins rousting people out of bed. Not everyone sleeps until noon- someone would be the early bird.
That would be the creepiest feeling- the silence

JMO- prayers for the families and friends!!

And they would go outside…
There is no way those two young women would have supposed something was very wrong enough to call friends to help, and then call 911 and stay in the house.

They would have gone outside, sat in a warm car, or stay nearby with a neighbor.
A house with five young women is never quiet unless everyone is asleep Someone gets up and makes pancakes and bacon, someone turns on music And begins rousting people out of bed.
That would be the creepiest feeling- the silence

JMO- prayers for the families and friends!!
Maybe they didn’t realize how bad it was (if they didn’t see the carnage). At that age maybe thinking accidental drug overdose, alcohol etc. never in wildest dreams would they know what was inside bedroom…assuming doors were locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86