ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night of the incident would likely be Sunday night. They could just give the date and time make it easier on everyone!
There is a record that someone went to the animal shelter to pick up a dog at 5:30 pm on November 13th. I seriously doubt that this was a routine pick up based on the fact that it is in the police log. Odds are, LE knew very little about the dog and simply contacted the animal shelter. However, when someone picked up the dog, it was connected to one of the victims.

22-M09911 Suspicious Person/Circumstance

Incident Address: 2000 blk WHITE AVE

MOSCOW ID 83843

Disposition: ACT

Time Reported: 17:30

Cad Comments:

Request assistance locating dog that was dropped off at shelter.

Officer responded. Computer report. MPD Press Log 11/13/2022
In my opinion—-it’s in the police log because the animal shelter might be closed on Sunday. They needed help getting in to get the dog, I’m guessing-which means the dog was at the shelter sometime Saturday…..clearly kaylees parents and jack knew the dog was missing by 530 Sunday-so that’s when they went to pick it up….I’m sure police went to see if there was blood on the dog but I think it got out the night of the 12th (maybe someone left a door open), was found and taken to the shelter sat night. If dog was chipped (guessing it was) they had contact info and would have let kaylee know. Message saying “dog is at shelter” would have put her mind at ease and maybe she was calling j to make pick up arrangements. All just my opinion-again I don’t think dog was there when murders occurred. Sorry for multiple dog posts.
This is last one.

I posted this just a little while back, but posting again as it seems there is still some confusion about this-

“Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.”

I definitely could see myself looking through some windows if I couldn't find something to pick a lock and my roommate was not responding to persistent calls or knocks. (Yesterday, someone posted a photo with a presumed handprint on the window....) And if you could see into several bedrooms and no one was responding.... well, I certainly cannot say I'd call 911 before my friends arrived.
I also remember from the photos that many of the windows were "casement windows" - or sliders that open from side to side like a patio door would. These windows are very easy to open when unlocked.

Apologies if I’ve missed it, but has it been officially stated anywhere which male in the grub truck video LE has cleared? IMO I see 3 different males clearly interact with the girls so just trying to understand which male LE is taking about.

Could they have made it out of their beds at all, if stabbed with a knife deep into the chest?

<snip for brevity>

You can hear him in the background talking to her during the call, I do not know if the knife is still in his chest. It is chilling, he seemed unable to do any thing and passed very quickly. I do not know if it was even possible to render aid and save him?

It is believed that a knife or any object plugs the opening and can get stuck, it creates a vacuum. I do not know if this is true, but I do know that some hunting knives have intentions on the blade that are called ‘blood wells’ supposed to let air into the wound and prevent the vacuum.
The knife does not create a vacuum. Typically if someone is accidentally stabbed it is recommended to leave the blade in place until removed by a medical professional to prevent bleeding out (the blade holds the wound “closed”). In this situation it really depends on the damage done. In the chest area, with a reasonably large knife, you’re almost certain to strike lungs and the kill zone would be heart or aorta. If you hit the heart or artery it would incapacitate them very quickly and the lungs would complicate any significant speaking/yelling. Lastly blood wells on knives dont help much in my experience and in this case especially if it was being plunged in and out it wouldnt matter.

just .02,
tex

I think we are at the stage that until there is more evidence/progress released it’s pretty much a dead end in trying to theorise what may have happened. A number of explanations are plausible and even the ‘experts’ are all having different opinions about motivation and profile.

A couple of things that might be an indication. Police are asking for information specifically from around the Arboretum and highway near the university. This is the route you would take to the house from Sigma Chi, where E and X were on the night. Not the girls who were in the city. Is this significant? Do LE think the target may have been X or E (Or both). The correlation of why they are interested in that area I presume is not coincidence and some evidence is leading them there.

Secondly, although I’m increasingly veering towards stranger/stalker type scenario, I note that LE haven’t asked for any suspicious activity, CCTV, Dashcam etc… from anything other then night of the 12/morning if the 13th. I find it interesting as in the stalker scenario you would assume that there may have been evidence in the preceding days of someone around the house. I may have missed it but I’m sure all quotes I can see are of the specific days if 12/13th and even more specific timelines within. That to me is quite telling. Have they rules out the stranger/stalker scenario. It would be very odd in that scenario for someone to turn up out the blue on the night IMHO. But LE don’t seem to be looking for any video evidence or suspicious sightings prior to the 12th. Doesn’t add up to me with the stalker theory.

I think we are at the stage that until there is more evidence/progress released it’s pretty much a dead end in trying to theorise what may have happened. A number of explanations are plausible and even the ‘experts’ are all having different opinions about motivation and profile.

A couple of things that might be an indication. Police are asking for information specifically from around the Arboretum and highway near the university. This is the route you would take to the house from Sigma Chi, where E and X were on the night. Not the girls who were in the city. Is this significant? Do LE think the target may have been X or E (Or both). The correlation of why they are interested in that area I presume is not coincidence and some evidence is leading them there.

Secondly, although I’m increasingly veering towards stranger/stalker type scenario, I note that LE haven’t asked for any suspicious activity, CCTV, Dashcam etc… from anything other then night of the 12/morning if the 13th. I find it interesting as in the stalker scenario you would assume that there may have been evidence in the preceding days of someone around the house. I may have missed it but I’m sure all quotes I can see are of the specific days if 12/13th and even more specific timelines within. That to me is quite telling. Have they rules out the stranger/stalker scenario. It would be very odd in that scenario for someone to turn up out the blue on the night IMHO. But LE don’t seem to be looking for any video evidence or suspicious sightings prior to the 12th. Doesn’t add up to me with the stalker theory.
I haven't been able to shake the feeling that is was possibly X and/or E that was the intended target. I believe it was E's first year at the university and X's last (correct me if I'm wrong).
Perhaps a past relationship (real or imagined by the perp) of X's may have been involved. JMO

Just something to add which adds to the strangeness of the roommates reporting someone 'unconscious'. A few years back I just missed the main artery in my arm punching an old style window like an idiot while drunk. I passed out and went to the ER, 72,000$ later, thanks insurance, but I saw videos, there was blood on my friends 12 foot high ceiling and all over their first floor apartment. I honestly should not have survived.
But it was an absolute nightmare I vaguely recall.
Point being I don't get how there wouldn't be blood every where unless they were under the sheets? Even then. Blood squirts. Atleast 12 feet high apparently.

Was Kaylee a current permanent resident or had she moved out and was she just visiting her roommates? Did I read that the two girls were in the same room; whose room was it? And who would know she was visiting? If so who was the intended victim and the others killed just because they were there and fortunately the two survivors were unknown to be in the house?? TIA

I think it’s very possible that one or two of the four had an exchange with someone very unhinged/obsessive/spiteful that just couldn’t let *something* go. I just don’t have any other theory at this point…

Does anyone else get the feeling LE is lying to the public to make their undivulged suspect feel safe while they continue to tie up the loose pieces of the investigation?

Sending some loving hugs to their families during this very difficult holiday season :(
The order in the killings is very important. If the suspect started on floor 3 which is what I think happened, Xana and Ethan were the targets. Then he leaves through the kitchen slider.

Sadly, I feel this case will be similar to the Molly Tibbetts case. Weeks and months of speculation (the boyfriend, the neighbor, the sex offender, etc.) … and then it turns out to be some almost random sicko. IMOO

I really think they had tunnel vision on J from the very beginning, and this was the source of all the "targeted" and "community is not in danger" statements. They cleared J at almost the same time they walked those statements back. Coincidence?
I did not know the co-owner of the dog has been cleared. When?

The order in the killings is very important. If the suspect started on floor 3 which is what I think happened, Xana and Ethan were the targets. Then he leaves through the kitchen slider.
Xana and Ethan were presumably on the second floor, why would you suspect them to be targeted if attack began on the third?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Will_D