Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, mistakes happen. I work in healthcare and mistakes happen especially when stressors are high. However, these are professionals and this mistake was correctable because they've had the information for almost 6 years.
Agree.

I've been in enough ER and clinical situations where stress is high, information is coming in fast and diagnoses and immediate treatment decisions need to be made on the hop -- part of running such systems and working effectively within them is building in and respecting checks and failsafes so that there's enough light in the fog of war to guide responsible decision making and maximize positive results. Colleagues, supervisors, checklists, extra eyes, protocols, orders of analysis, and so on.

I have no doubt info was coming in thick and fast during those early days, and there was immense pressure to stream and manage those tips and evidence quickly and reliably.

But here we have:

- A local man who admits to being on the trails that day and during that time at a point where LE at various highly-emotive PCs are stressing the local knowledge likely required to commit this crime
- Is identified as wearing clothing similar to that of BG in colour, style and even manufacture
- Is a plausible candidate for the man noted by witnesses as moving "with a purpose" (see above)
- Is known to own/ have owned a car resembling the one parked in an unusual way to hide a license plate and be noted as such by more than one witness
- Is clearly a plausible candidate (see above) for the man spotted leaving the trails "muddy and bloody" by witnesses whose accounts can be verified at least in part by video surveillance
- Owns a gun of the kind that might have ejected the unfired shell found between A and L at the crime scene
- Can be brought in at any point to provide testimony as to his whereabouts and activities on the trail that day, stand in a lineup for the various witnesses, provide a voiceprint, gait sample, etc.
- Later, has no explanation for a cartridge from his gun being present at the scene

I totally get the fog of war argument. But how was a local guy who places himself at the scene and fits so many of the criteria for BG NOT investigated with great care early on? How many likely BGs other than him can there have been that he wasn't?

I'm gobsmacked and sad all at once

Doug Carter:

This case is unlike any that I’ve seen in almost a 40 year career. So, there are so many different tentacles to this. It’s very… it’s very complex. [Nov 2022 - Doug Carter Radio Interview Transcript - Hammer & Nigel Show [Delphi murders, Richard Allen & Kegan Kline Discussion] - CrimeLights]

No, and I hope one day [when the case is solved] that everyone knows what we know, and I think you’ll be surprised. [Feb 2021 - Delphi Murders: Superintendent Doug Carter Interview / 4 Year Anniversary - CrimeLights ]

I thought the PC might shed light on this "complexity", but not seeing it, bullet found, man fitting profile admits to being there, gun matches bullet ...

Maybe the PC sheds light on the second quote though, we are surprised about how much they knew in 2017 and didn't act upon ...
Or Doug Carter is totally full of crap. Which is where I am leaning.

I am sorry, but I am so angry at the fact that RA basically served himself up while ISP was making these cryptic, drama-riddled pressers instead of doing THEIR JOBS.

And that is how I feel with filters.

Can you imagine the person that was “fresh eyes” and on page one of the file he/she sees Richard Allen’s statement? I wonder how long after seeing that before he/she realized RA worked across the street and went to take a gander at him. He/she was probably so confused about the entire case.

Yep. Imagined order of events:

1. Leaves fancy new operational facility
2. Orders pack of gum at CVS from famously helpful pharma tech RA
3. Returns to HQ and re-watches enhanced video
4. Re-reads original tips and follow-ups
5. Search warrant

Thank goodness for fresh eyes

Last edited:
I wonder how they came up with kidnapping and not simply a sexual act (since their clothes were off). How in the world would someone (RMA) think that he could simply walk the girls out of there after (likely) sexually assaulting them DTH? He had to know the chances of them being seen would be huge since he ran into others earlier. I can't wrap my head around that.

View attachment 383587
View attachment 383588
When he ordered them down the hill with a gun, he was kidnapping

I wonder how they came up with kidnapping and not simply a sexual act (since their clothes were off). How in the world would someone (RMA) think that he could simply walk the girls out of there after (likely) sexually assaulting them DTH? He had to know the chances of them being seen would be huge since he ran into others earlier. I can't wrap my head around that.

View attachment 383587
View attachment 383588
Kidnap can be as simple as moving them from the location they were and wanted to remain to a location they did not want to be (DTH)

I disagree that these cars (Ford Focus, PT Cruiser, Smart Car) don't resemble one another. I owned (an admittedly older) 2001 2 door hatchback Ford Focus which could easily be confused with the other two, by someone who is not car savvy. I must admit I did not look to see if the hatchbacks were still being produced in 2016 (or whenever RA's was supposedly manufactured).

ETA: Tried to quote and failed, sorry.

No. The girls did not fight back according to RL's PCA, page 3.

View attachment 383609

Hmm then I wonder what led to the description that he looked like he had been in a fight?
Snipped
And observed a male subject walking West,- on the Notth side of 300North, away from the ManonHighBridge. advised that the male subject was wearing a blue colored jacket and blue jeans and was muddy and bloody. She further states that it appeared he had gotten into a fight.
PCA-BBM

I know looks do NOT mean guilty but his eyes have said GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY, that fiend! Obviously shooting the poor wee girls! Sickening! My opinion. They should have got him sooner, that's also my opinion, I hope he didn't kill others in the interim, so wicked.

So, for over 5 years we had a suspect with reddish-brown hair. For 3 years we had a suspect who looks young for his age, 20 - 40 years old. We have a witness saying there was a guy dressed all in black. I believe RA was there alone that day, but this all needs explaining at trial, hopefully.

Yes, how maddening to hear today that the witnesses said he had grey hair with a little brown when we were told when the first sketch came out that BG had reddish brown hair.

Things the document reveals or confirms:

1) The PCA makes no reference at all to the Klines or catfishing.

2) The garments found in Deer Creek by the crime scene search were from one or both of the girls.

3) If there was ever a gun in the Wabash River, it isn't RA's Sig Sauer. There's nothing we know so far that calls for a second gun. (There may still be a need for a big knife.)

4) RA's vehicle was almost certainly parked at the former CPS building.

5) A man resembling RA was seen walking toward the MHB shortly before the murderer met the girls. (2:13)

6) One of the victims is heard on audio mentioning seeing a gun.

7) A man resembling RA was seen walking along a road between the Monon High Bridge and the place RA's car was parked. That man looked like he had been in a fight and had muddy, bloody clothing. This around 4PM on the day of the murders.

8) RA's Sig Sauer produced the same extraction marks on a test round as the marks on an unfired round at the crime scene. RA says he never knew RL or visited his property, nor did he ever lend out that firearm. (I'd hate to have to explain that innocently.)

There could be more, but that's what jumps out at me for now.
I am hoping against hope that there is more on that 43 second recording made by LG that nails this guy to the wall if he did this.

Hmm then I wonder what led to the description that he looked like he had been in a fight?
Snipped
And observed a male subject walking West,- on the Notth side of 300North, away from the ManonHighBridge. advised that the male subject was wearing a blue colored jacket and blue jeans and was muddy and bloody. She further states that it appeared he had gotten into a fight.
PCA-BBM

IMO, it's likely the first place the witness went when trying to account for the general disarray of BG / RA -- mud, blood = a fight, an accident, but not double murder.

I'm very interested now in what they found in terms of a digital evidence trail. Searches, chats, electronic money transfers, images, vids, even deleted files.

This is a guy who didn't even find a way to lose the clothes he allegedly killed A and L in, or the gun he allegedly coerced them with. I have no doubt he kept any and all digital calling cards and trophies.

Well that probable cause was disappointing. I kept waiting for the "smoking gun" but don't see it. I really hope they have more evidence because I'm not sure how they can make this stick, without reasonable doubt.

Me neither.
No motive. Nada.
No explanation how he staged the victims/if.
The height varies but the one mentioned is 5'10". A huge difference between 5'10" and 5'4 or 5'5".
God knows what car they saw (Tesla?). Anyhow, I assume that "Ford" would be recognizable for Americans. Purple is not new black either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox