Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time did DG get to the trails? I wonder if RA saw/heard him calling for the girls? I wonder if RA killed them closer to 2:13 or closer to right before he left? Either way I wonder if hearing DG call for the girls is when RA exited up to 300 and back to his car?

I wonder what was the basis for the search warrant?

Can it be that he put himself in by admitting to wearing the clothes of Bridge Guy?

That admission seems to be the most devastating evidence against him, because it links him to the video. Taken with the bullet, there are actually two pieces of physical evidence that put him in for the murders. The video and the bullet.

Bonkers.
Yes. That’s enough for a search warrant.

That and his cell phone putting him there which it seems LE got by a cell tower data dump. But he doesn’t dispute it. He didn’t seem to dispute much and admitted to everything besides their deaths. He was the only male at the MH bridge in that time frame.

He never offloaded his gun, or apparently his blue jacket, for that matter… Which seems so outlandish to me considering his image was everywhere and how could no one put this together in 2017? They had the same info then as they did prior to obtaining the search warrant. All they had to do was ask follow up questions.

I’m baffled.

Dear @raja,

Excellent post!

I learn so much from your informative, insightful and greatly compassionate posts.

And.... he kept the car - which will have the girls' DNA in it.

Do you think this speaks to his arrogance that he will never be considered a suspect - so he kept everything?
I know you were responding to someone else. I have to think that when he told LE he was there and on the bridge he probably figured an arrest was imminent. When the video was released, I'm sure he thought an arrest was imminent.

When the first sketch was released he probably started breathing a little easier.

When the second sketch was released he probably assumed he was home free.

I don't think it was as much arrogance as complete and utter shock that he had gotten away with it. I think he is an idiot (I hope I can say that) based on telling LE straight away he was there, telling them what he was wearing, telling them no one had ever used his gun, etc. But I think LE are in the same intelligence category and that's how he got away with it for so long.

And I hate speaking ill of LE, it's honestly surprising that there are that many incompetent people in one county.

I read it and enlarged it and I was sure I was getting it wrong…
Thanks.
It's a very short timeframe to strip and kill by means other than a gun.
Quite
So brazen it almost defies belief. Unfounded speculation on my part but I can’t make sense of this unless he was severely disinhibited due to e.g., substance abuse.

MOO

Which seems so outlandish to me considering his image was everywhere and how could no one put this together in 2017? They had the same info then as they did prior to obtaining the search warrant. All they had to do was ask follow up questions.

I’m baffled.
It’s very disturbing to remember the years of everyone posting here and Kelsi with her years of work and determination, and it could have reached the point where we are now, nearly 6 years ago….and state police and FBI were on the case, not just some local police.

The Probable Cause Affidavit was sufficient for the Arrest Warrant to be issued.

We won't know what was discovered during the Search until the Trial.

That is when Evidence recovered from the Search led to the Murder charges being laid,

The goal of the
Probable Cause Affidavit is only to get the Arrest Warrant, nothing more.

We will finally hear the evidence at the trial next year.

Thankfully we are on the road to Justice for Abby and Libby.
I agree with this 100%. They did not have to lay out all their evidence in the probable cause hearing. I am sure they went with the evidence they already discussed with RA...the gun and eyewitnesses. I think they have a lot more on RA. Also just because the copy we are seeing isn't signed by the judge, does not mean the original one wasn't. This may just be a copy of what they submitted with the names redacted, not necessarily the signed one. I bet we are in for a lot of surprises yet. i have faith that LE knows what they are doing.

I have followed this case off and on through the years. I am utterly shocked at this probable cause document. Imo, it's circumstantial at best. High profile murder? People falsely confess to crimes sometimes or claim to know something about the CS not infrequently. Someone else could have picked up the unspent shell (gun range, shooting practice in the woods, etc.), then days, weeks, months, or even years later, dropped it at the CS. Eyewitness reports are notoriously unreliable.

Yeah, RA may be the guy but prosecution better have a much stronger case. No way RA could be convicted beyond a reasonable doubt with this info.

Utterly heartbroken for A's and L's families if this is the level of investigative competence they have been relying on for years.

I am just stunned.

MOO.

Last edited:
I actually find 2:13 to 3:57 to be a disturbingly long time. :(
I "like" but don't like this post. I hope you understand this. It's more like I support this post. I just can't bring myself to give it a thumbs up through no fault of anyone here.

*edit - I don't judge or fault others for their reactions. I was going to "like" because I agree completely. I just couldn't click the button.

And, if RA did it and so clearly gave details of his location, clothing, and car near the CS, maybe he wanted to be caught. Some criminals know what they are doing is "wrong" but aren't strong enough to stop themselves and want someone else to stop them. (For example, maybe RA "knew" CSA was wrong and wanted someone else to stop him. Not excusing him but positing a possibility.)

If so, how any more have been endangered or hurt (or even murdered) by him being overlooked by LE for YEARS?

MOO.

KK was arrested in 2017, wasn’t he? Now I am unsure.
Nov 07, 2022

Kline is charged with a total of 30 counts, including child exploitation, possession of child *advertiser censored*, obstruction of justice and others, all stemming from an investigation into the social media profile "anthony_shots", which is part of the larger Delphi murder investigation.

Kline was arrested in August 2020.

Last week, Indiana State Police named 50-year-old Richard Allen as the primary suspect in the girls' murders. His arrest came more than five years after the investigation began.

Judge dismisses five charges against Kegan Kline

Well life happened and I had to skip several pages in the new thread. I hate that I did that but I am marking my spot. My thoughts right now are the PCA is just the bare bones of what LE needed for an arrest. They surely have more evidence and will probably get more. The CO that talked to RA in the beginning more than likely had very little involvement in the investigation going forward. More than likely RA approached him to cover his tracks about being there and since he said he didn’t see anything that info became lost in the stack of other information. Investigators early on may have glossed over it since I doubt the CO stated or asked what RA was wearing and did not include a description of RA. The one question I have is was the car that LE took last month black or silver? Do we know if this was the same car RA was driving in 2017. I don’t think a gun was fired during the murders. I can see why RA may not have gotten rid of the gun but surely he would get rid of his clothes. Could he be that stupid? Jmho
And I hope you enjoyed the Holiday program!

Any theories on why there was an unspent bullet at the scene? I don't know much about guns - would he have ejected a bullet to show the girls it was loaded, without having to fire it off (that would've possible been heard)? Did he shoot but the gun misfired? And then ne had to eject the bullet?
He may not have known that an unspent bullet would leave a forensically traceable mark and left it / placed it between bodies as signature of sorts? To say, I was here?

He was on the bridge to “watch fish”

I can’t even believe what he said and admitted to and the fact that it seemingly appears via the affidavit that LE first identified him through a cell phone dump which identified his phone and then was interviewed and ADMITTED to being there at the same time as Abby and Libby.

Only when investigators were going back through the case did they “identify the lead” that was Allen’s interview in 2017. And he was identified as the only male there. Yikes. Nothing different changed in the 5 years and all LE seemingly had to do was ask more questions in 2017.

He then admitted to the clothes and seeing the other juveniles and even saying his gun wasn’t given to anyone else and had no explanation of how his striated bullet casing could end up 2 feet away from victim #2 (Liberty, going off of affidavit descriptions).

I’m apart of LE but also not above criticism and criticizing when it appears he fell through the cracks.

Those poor girls. I hope they’re at some peace now.

**Edited for clarification
I'm a huge supporter of LE, married to one, it's my life, an advocate
but this..... I'm praying for Abby and Libby, their families. They need justice and after today's realization, they failed them all, they failed the public. They had the guy, admitted to being there.. never did a line up, never talked to his work, his wife, his friends... they didn't even reinterview him, a known witness at that very time Abby and Libby were there?!?! What injustice for almost 6 years. The Defense team is going to humiliate/grill ISP and investigators. I'm praying for the prosecution. They need to be 10 steps a head of this.
I see now why a gag order is wanted.... what an embarrassment. This was downright...... I don't even have the words to describe the incompetence ....you don't think a gag from LE for the last 5 years was enough. That did a lot of good not discussing.... you missed fresh DNA, blood, mud, fresh witnesses, so so much. I would want a gag on the families too know, because I know how I feel; I can't imagine how the families feel knowing they had him come forward and did NOTHING. Where was their spreadsheet with witnesses/backgrounds/ arrows/.....it all points to him... his looks, voice...he was there... I wonder what he told his wife.... they cleared me, my DNA was cleared blah blah blah. Did they ever interview his wife in 2017, I'm just so disappointed.
I need to refocus annd now let go of the madness of the stupidity and pray that they are lead to better evidence and investigators that will work diligently with prosecution/DA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members