ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The house itself being targeted is an interesting thought. Is there someone with something to gain with the house being likely unsellable and unrentable? Commercial interest? Just another possible angle. Moo

I think by saying the "house" was targeted that the "house" is a collective way of saying that this group of girls who lived in the "house" was targeted.
I don't think it's exactly the same in this case, but it makes me think of the Manson family murder of Sharon Tate and her friends. They were not targeted, but Manson had a grudge against the previous occupant. So, in that case, the house was the target in a sense.

I've heard mixed things on how long the victims had lived in the house, but it wouldn't have to even be vengeance oriented if someone with dark intentions had been at the house before and noted it would make an easy target, regardless of whoever was living there currently. MOO

Haven't seen any consideration of this being an organized crime hit to send a message to someone - ie - do what we want or this can occur next to you/your family. The shock value of this crime would suit an OC purpose to make that point. If you look into organized crime you'll find Idaho has quite a lot of involvement. Organized crime also uses real estate for money laundering, and you've got alot of real estate owned by LLC's and corps that would be useful...MOO - Here's some info on OC drug intensity in idaho for some background: Oregon-Idaho High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area

I don't think it's exactly the same in this case, but it makes me think of the Manson family murder of Sharon Tate and her friends. They were not targeted, but Manson had a grudge against the previous occupant. So, in that case, the house was the target in a sense.

I've heard mixed things on how long the victims had lived in the house, but it wouldn't have to even be vengeance oriented if someone with dark intentions had been at the house before and noted it would make an easy target, regardless of whoever was living there currently. MOO
I think he stalked the house. Saw a pic earlier where police had all the lights on at nite and u can see every br except M from the front.

Maybe no security but house was in a good community with close neighbors. This house almost seemed like a perfect college student house to live in. The roommates all seemed to get along and the property was maintained regularly by property management. I think the target was the guest and not the roommates. If any of the roommates were sole target, killer would have had many opps to kill target without guests and other roommates occupying house at kill time. I think a party continued informally at King house and killer was either college friend of one or more victims and was invited into home for some reason late night/early morning prior to murders. I think the house may have seemed messy to Coroner because of not yet cleaned up party cups and alcohol bottles/cans. I do think house was bloody scene and killer had to have spent time post killings to self clean prior to exiting home.
In this day an age most communities have ring or similar systems. Regardless of how “good” they are.

I've seen some comments about Kaylee and JD not following each other on instagram and the last post of him being from 3 years ago. Just took a look at their social media and a few thoughts/observations:
  • JD doesn't seem super active on social media
  • Kaylee was still following JD's siblings on instagram
  • 2 of JD's siblings have posted memorials of Kaylee and Maddie on their instagram bios (one has "KG+MM and a dove emoji, the other has a link to Maddie and Kaylee's Go Fund Me). It's obvious the families were pretty close, which makes it all the more heartbreaking.

From get I thought this was a serial killer(s). 2 because 2 floors, 4 deaths, that would be very difficult for 1 killer to do with a knife and not wake up any on the first floor. Rear sliding glass door which was likely unlocked, 2nd floor.
This case reminds me so much of John and Joyce Sheridan killings and police purposely botched the entire investigation. They decided it was a murder/suicide and anything to debunk that via evidence was discarded. Even the woods nearby is similar. Think about this for a second, blood was EVERYWHERE, obvious all over the killer. How'd he leave the place covered in blood and not leave any evidence of his trail? Because he had a complete change of clothing. It was planned, killer(s) plot locations for easy prey "sleeping". And they look for people who don't lock their doors! All my opinion obviously.

The house itself being targeted is an interesting thought. Is there someone with something to gain with the house being likely unsellable and unrentable? Commercial interest? Just another possible angle. Moo
When I imagine "the house being targeted", it is from the perspective the house has many entry points, a wooded back entrance that is not viewed from the road. They were quick, precise, and gone without notice. They were comfortable enough that the calculated risk was low if they knew how to approach each room relative to the beds. Targeted means that they observed and assessed the complete situation as suitable to commit the murders without being caught. It may not have been personal but opportunistic that met the ideal situation for the assailant.

People were led to believe it was a targeted attack, i.e. one person targeted, which signaled to the community they could rest a little easier. Now the waters are muddied because it might be all of the house occupants targeted, or some of them, or the house. Officials involved in the case need to convey clear messages and stick with those messages.
They seem to be back-pedaling all the time on the "targeted" thing. I have to wonder if the university, from the get-go, asked city police to try to keep fears down. University leaders get so worked up about their public image, especially regarding campus safety. I can see the police being willing to go out on a bit of limb and using the term "targeted" in an attempt to quell fears. It probably didn't seem like too much of a leap, at the time -- because surely someone wouldn't just kill 4 students at random, right?
The city likely has a very tight relationship with the university. At the one presser, there were 5 people at the front of the room: 2 Moscow cops, the district attorney, and two university leaders. It was held at a university building.
It wouldn't be much of a surprise to find out that the university and the city police collaborated on the initial news releases and student alerts.
My hunch is that, eventually, it will be discovered that the term "targeted" was used to appease the university.

It's a small town in Idaho. There's probably plenty of no security houses. I hardly think 4 people were killed just because there were no cameras etc.
This wasn't a random killing, far from it.

MOO.
I never said that I thought they were killed because they didn't have security nor that I thought it was random.

I've seen some comments about Kaylee and JD not following each other on instagram and the last post of him being from 3 years ago. Just took a look at their social media and a few thoughts/observations:
  • JD doesn't seem super active on social media
  • Kaylee was still following JD's siblings on instagram
  • 2 of JD's siblings have posted memorials of Kaylee and Maddie on their instagram bios (one has "KG+MM and a dove emoji, the other has a link to Maddie and Kaylee's Go Fund Me). It's obvious the families were pretty close, which makes it all the more heartbreaking.
I'm not that surprised that JD isn't very active on social media. From what I've noticed, many men do not post or even check their social media accounts, my husband being one. I've noticed that with many couples, the husbands and wives, BFs/GFs often do not make comments or likes on each other's posts.

Forensic psychologist Kris Mohandie thinks the killer is an incel. The way the person killed the victims indicates extreme anger and envy.

I think the killer is likely an injustice collector or grudge hoarder. More like Elliot Rodger, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Nikolas Cruz, Stephen Paddock, Jodi Arias, or Lori Drew.

As a brand new member who has been following this tragedy mostly through WS, my belief is LE has some well-founded working theories about who had motive & opportunity. Still, aren't there particular legal/procedural ramifications that flow once someone is officially identified as a suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea