Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. It's a defense attorneys dream. "So, you say a Purple PT Cruiser was parked at the old CPS building during the time of the murders?" Well, I guess that's the person that did it, then, because a Purple PT Cruiser looks NOTHING like the defendant's vehicle.

Except it doesn't really matter because RA put himself there already.

Agreed his clothes probably are/were quite common in the area but he was the only man witnessed on the trails/monon hight Bridge that day, in the clothes seen in the BG video and he has admitted being there and at the bridge. I can't see him or his defence coming up with an excuse for that.
The PCA did a good job of pointing out that there were no other individuals, in that time frame, on those trails, matching that description.

Years ago when I used to work outside in the winter, I owned that same blue Carhartt jacket. It's an extremely dark blue, and could easily be misconstrued as being black in the right/wrong lighting. Just my 2 cents haha.

I as well have 2 carhartts, brown & blue, one thing about the BG coat is it doesn’t appear to have the carhartt logo on the front left side of the coat.

Exactly. It's a defense attorneys dream. "So, you say a Purple PT Cruiser was parked at the old CPS building during the time of the murders?" Well, I guess that's the person that did it, then, because a Purple PT Cruiser looks NOTHING like the defendant's vehicle.
Investigators noticed a vehicle that resembled RA's 2016 FF on the Hoosier Harveststore video at 1:27 pm traveling westbound on CR 300 North in front of Hoosier Harveststore which coincided with HIS OWN STATEMENT that he arrived at 1:30 pm.

Page 5 of 8 of the redacted PCA.

MOO

The gun could have been what he used to make them undress, he could have told them at gunpoint to undress willingly and they would not be harmed.
That could be part of what he got off on.

i still can't understand why kill them in the first place, Maybe thru the (imo) social media exchanges, maybe one of the girls had found out who he was, ie pic, and he was afraid to be exposed? And he later found out she/they would be there that day? I just don't get the motive. Was he mad because there wasn't just one, thereby muddying up a "date" scenario in his mind?

He had to have seen a pic of at least one of them to wait for them, after all he passed on the single female hiker, and knew to follow Libby/Abby, unless the single hiker was not in the ballpark physically/age wise.

I just don't get the motive. Establish connections via getting access to the Anthony_shots site just to kill people? He was angry with one or both of them before DTH, imo.

Playing Devil's Advocate. What if the defense decides to say that RA is trying to seek fame by putting himself in the vicinity of the crime scene? Since RA (apparently) didn't mention his clothes until the second interview, how do we know RA isn't lying? Everything that RA has allegedly admitted is publicly available. And the fact that his Ford Focus is being confused with either a smart car or a small SUV points to HIS vehicle not being the one that was actually parked at the old CPS building. Again, there has to be something or someone that actually puts RA at the scene of the crime! Everyone knows, especially with the massive billboard campaign and the international media coverage, that there was a man dressed in jeans and a blue jacket on the bridge that day. But what makes RA that man? The defense could even argue that RA would have to be the worst criminal to put himself at the crime scene at the time of the crime. What guilty person would do that? Think of it as a "false confession."

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but I didnt see when reviewing the posts. Didn't LE say at some point that the man on the bridge had been "covered?" or cleared or something to that effect? Around the time of the 2019 PC when they released that 2nd young sketch?

Playing Devil's Advocate. What if the defense decides to say that RA is trying to seek fame by putting himself in the vicinity of the crime scene? Since RA (apparently) didn't mention his clothes until the second interview, how do we know RA isn't lying? Everything that RA has allegedly admitted is publicly available. And the fact that his Ford Focus is being confused with either a smart car or a small SUV points to HIS vehicle not being the one that was actually parked at the old CPS building. Again, there has to be something or someone that actually puts RA at the scene of the crime! Everyone knows, especially with the massive billboard campaign and the international media coverage, that there was a man dressed in jeans and a blue jacket on the bridge that day. But what makes RA that man?
His bullet belonging to his gun, in his possession, never given or loaned to anyone else, never having been in that area and being found between the 2 bodies of the deceased is what makes RA that man among other things. IMO

There might be some credence to this. How did RA *know* they’d be there? It seems he went armed looking for them.

A catfish could’ve set up a meeting with RA and the girls but I think if KK had involvement, he’d have given RA up for the murders much sooner to save himself.

I still wonder how the girls were targeted because it seems RA knew where he was going and whom he was expecting to see and maybe he was annoyed that Abby (for arguments sake) brought a friend. Did he catfish them? How did their lives intersect and meet that day?

I ask this because he was armed, presumably, with both a gun and a knife, and God only knows what else and he passed three juveniles that appear to be girls according to the probable cause affidavit. How and why did he hone in on Abby and Libby?

To me, him catfishing them in this scenario has always made the most sense.
I am starting to think he catfished them and then went to meet Libby to finish the problem. Somehow he thought he was discovered? So he killed them both.

Playing Devil's Advocate. What if the defense decides to say that RA is trying to seek fame by putting himself in the vicinity of the crime scene? Since RA (apparently) didn't mention his clothes until the second interview, how do we know RA isn't lying? Everything that RA has allegedly admitted is publicly available. And the fact that his Ford Focus is being confused with either a smart car or a small SUV points to HIS vehicle not being the one that was actually parked at the old CPS building. Again, there has to be something or someone that actually puts RA at the scene of the crime! Everyone knows, especially with the massive billboard campaign and the international media coverage, that there was a man dressed in jeans and a blue jacket on the bridge that day. But what makes RA that man? The defense could even argue that RA would have to be the worst criminal to put himself at the crime scene at the time of the crime. What guilty person would do that? Think of it as a "false confession."

His gun ties him to the crime so unless he is being framed. He admitted he had never learnt to anybody else so that bullet got there one way. He clearly fired/dropped a bullet!!

Moo

Can someone clarify for me… what led them to arrest him NOW? I understand that they had the bullet and it matches his gun. But what led them back to him recently to check his gun?

The timing of all of this is just too precise for RA to have gone out at random and killed at random, IMO. RA's vehicle was likely seen at 1:27, which had to be within what...10 minutes of the girls leaving L's house for the trail? He gets there, parks, and walks directly to the bridge, again, within minutes before the girls get there? They are half-way across when they post a couple photos around 2:07, with RA nowhere in sight. Six minutes later he's behind A on the south end of the bridge, almost to them.

It's been said that a third friend, and maybe KG, were invited to go along to the bridge that day, but neither did. If this is true, I don't think a meetup with a boy was necessarily planned, and the trip to the bridge very likely could have been last-minute, as the family suggests. However, I'm very curious if L posted anything on SM that morning, shortly before they left.

His bullet belonging to his gun, in his possession, never given or loaned to anyone else, never have been in that area and being found between the 2 bodies of the deceased is what makes RA that man among other things. IMO
The defense is undoubtedly going to argue that bullet didn't come from his gun but from a gun like his. The unspent bullet has extraction marks, which can lead to "subjective" results when determining the gun from which the bullet came. It's not ballistic testing where the results are far more definitive. It's just the PCA, but as an observer, I am struggling to find something that definitively indicates RA is BG.

And I do agree the bullet is significant. That's probably why it took several years to get an AW. But there will be several experts who dispute that anyone can determine which bullet a gun came from based solely on extraction marks. I am really hoping the SW turns up additional evidence or that LE already has significant evidence that it is not disclosing to the public.

I think its good to keep in mind that even if they knew it was him, that doesn't mean at the time they had the evidence to prove it. Or maybe they knew all the information but couldn't link it to RA.

Even with this evidence people are saying it's not enough. But then also lamenting RA wasn't arrested earlier. Can't have it both ways.

LE likely knew they didn't have enough to convict, and have been waiting for their break for a long time. Seems like the search of RAs place got them the gun and that officially sealed the deal.
Kinda hard to wait for a big break that has been literally sitting in the files for years though. It really seems like someone just missed the info about RA or didn't suspect him enough at the time to investigate him further.

But, remember - he placed his vehicle at that building.
He did refer to it by another name, but whatever he called it was inaccurate.
It was an old building located on the highway.
RA is his own worst enemy.

JMO

wonder what all they can link him to? he seems like a very good candidate for other murders in the area. Carter says the first thing he did was drive over to the Flora House and cry in his car. I'm feeling that is kind of an odd reaction...as this is a different case entirely, yet many here including myself, believe they can be related. interesting. wonder what happens in the DNA codis? could other victims pop up?

just floored by his textbook behavior , inserting himself into the investigation. mOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24