Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but I didnt see when reviewing the posts. Didn't LE say at some point that the man on the bridge had been "covered?" or cleared or something to that effect? Around the time of the 2019 PC when they released that 2nd young sketch?

I don’t recall that at all, only that the sketch released first became “secondary”.

I always thought after the PC with the 2nd sketch that LE had been mislead, that someone vouched for someone and they gave that person a pass and kept looking.

For those who wonder how a guy who was married 30 years could do such a thing, it's easy to imagine guilt, fear of discovery, etc., but IMO his marriage was the disguise, to hide who and what he was all along.

JMO

The defense is undoubtedly going to argue that bullet didn't come from his gun but from a gun like his. The unspent bullet has extraction marks, which can lead to "subjective" results when determining the gun from which the bullet came. It's not ballistic testing where the results are far more definitive. It's just the PCA, but as an observer, I am struggling to find something that definitively indicates RA is BG.

And I do agree the bullet is significant. That's probably why it took several years to get an AW. But there will be several experts who dispute that anyone can determine which bullet a gun came from based solely on extraction marks. I am really hoping the SW turns up additional evidence or that LE already has significant evidence that it is not disclosing to the public.
I know you were playing Devils Advocate and I hope I didn't come off as know it all-ingly. :)

I have crash-course researched bullet extraction marks and learned that 2 different Sigs can/will have different extraction markings, especially based on the length of time owned and number of rounds that have been shot. Since they recovered his Sig during the search of his home, I have no doubt that ejected a ballistic test to see if those marking do indeed match to the bullet recovered from the scene.

I think the bullet will be just one piece of a much bigger picture that indisputably points to RA as BG. He's already admitted much of the other pieces himself.

JMO

Just a few questions --

1) We still don't know the cause of death? I'm assuming it's not gunshots as the PCA makes reference to the unspent round but there is never any reference made to ballistics from spent rounds around the victims or removed from the victims' bodies.

2) So, I understand the eyewitness statements seem to be responsible for the BG sketch but now that we know all this information ... what's up with the second sketch of the younger person? Sketch looks nothing at all like RA. If the three or four redacted witnesses gave the description of RA's clothing on that day, I still am confused about where this second sketch came from. I remember reading scuttlebutt that it looked like the stolen profile photo from the anthony_shots account. Is that the case? I really don't think KK had anything to do with this.

Playing Devil's Advocate. What if the defense decides to say that RA is trying to seek fame by putting himself in the vicinity of the crime scene? Since RA (apparently) didn't mention his clothes until the second interview, how do we know RA isn't lying? Everything that RA has allegedly admitted is publicly available. And the fact that his Ford Focus is being confused with either a smart car or a small SUV points to HIS vehicle not being the one that was actually parked at the old CPS building. Again, there has to be something or someone that actually puts RA at the scene of the crime! Everyone knows, especially with the massive billboard campaign and the international media coverage, that there was a man dressed in jeans and a blue jacket on the bridge that day. But what makes RA that man? The defense could even argue that RA would have to be the worst criminal to put himself at the crime scene at the time of the crime. What guilty person would do that? Think of it as a "false confession."

He basically puts himself there. Then phone data, the bullet, witnesses.

For those who wonder how a guy who was married 30 years could do such a thing, it's easy to imagine guilt, fear of discovery, etc., but IMO his marriage was the disguise, to hide who and what he was all along.

JMO
. I only saw a few pic’s of him where he appeared to be somewhat pleased, all other pic’s he appeared to be annoyed or would rather have been someplace else.

Jmo

Personally I couldn’t live with some one like that. Jmo

How do ya'll know that the police didn't have their eye on him the entire time but didn't want to give it away, or come right out and tell the public? If they'd done that before matching evidence from the crime scene with evidence in his home or surroundings, they'd have lost their case.

The defense is undoubtedly going to argue that bullet didn't come from his gun but from a gun like his. The unspent bullet has extraction marks, which can lead to "subjective" results when determining the gun from which the bullet came. It's not ballistic testing where the results are far more definitive. It's just the PCA, but as an observer, I am struggling to find something that definitively indicates RA is BG.

And I do agree the bullet is significant. That's probably why it took several years to get an AW. But there will be several experts who dispute that anyone can determine which bullet a gun came from based solely on extraction marks. I am really hoping the SW turns up additional evidence or that LE already has significant evidence that it is not disclosing to the public.
If he had an alibi or a reasonable explanation about the gun, I would be all over it. I think the science behind the bullet extraction comparisons is shaky. Only now are most people starting to accept that bite mark evidence is not reliable and it was used for years. So I am generally a skeptic with this type of evidence.

Why I think the PCA is so strong is if it wasn't RA, it means there was another guy that no one saw on the bridge at the time of the murders. What are the odds that RA was on the bridge at the time of the murders, wearing the clothes that were seen in the video, owned a gun that matched a bullet found at the scene...but he didn't actually commit the crime?

The defense to most crimes is: it wasn't me! I wasn't there! I was at Sally's house roasting a turkey watching the Price is Right and now they're trying to frame me! Most people aren't like yes I was in fact at that very bank that was robbed and I too was wearing a ski mask and carrying a gun but surely you don't think I was the robber??

RA is either BG or the unluckiest guy ever.

Last edited:
MOO but I think it was sealed to keep everyone from finding out immediately that they had everything they needed for an arrest on February 14, 2017.
Yes. There is IMO another PC in the background for another suspect that did not meet the threshold for arrest.
This one is to get RA arrested and anything further than the evidence to convict him of felony murder might compromise that ongoing ongoing investigation.

Add trying to shield the minors and minors at the time of the crime a bit and MOO the DA came up with sealing, at least for the initial announcement of arrest.

Did LE have enough evidence in 2017 for a search warrant of RA home and vehicle if they had:

* 2017 Sig Sauer ejected shell casing close to victims' bodies
* 2017 interview of RA stating he was on the bridge & clothing description of g,
* 2017 Witnesses on bridge described man wearing clothing like RA.
Would judge have approved search warrant in 2017?

If he had an alibi or a reasonable explanation about the gun, I would be all over it. I think the science behind the bullet extraction comparisons is shaky. Only now are most people starting to accept that bite mark evidence is not reliable and it was used for years. So I am generally a skeptic with this type of evidence.

Why I think the PCA is so strong is if it wasn't RA, it means there was another guy that no one saw on the bridge at the time of the murders. What are the odds that RA was on the bridge at the time of the murders, wearing the clothes that were seen in the video, owned a gun that matched a bullet found at the seen...but he didn't actually commit the crime?

The defense to most crimes is: it wasn't me! I wasn't there! I was at Sally's house roasting a turkey watching the Price is Right and now they're trying to frame me! Most people aren't like yes I was in fact at that very bank that was robbed and I was too wearing a ski mask and carrying a gun but surely you don't think I was the robber??

RA is either BG or the unluckiest guy ever.

Perfect!

MOO but I think it was sealed to keep everyone from finding out immediately that they had everything they needed for an arrest on February 14, 2017.
Yes. There is IMO another PC in the background for another suspect that did not meet the threshold for arrest.
This one is to get RA arrested and anything further than the evidence to convict him of felony murder might compromise that ongoing ongoing investigation.

Add trying to shield the minors and minors at the time of the crime a bit and MOO the DA came up with sealing, at least for the initial announcement of arrest.

He could of racked( pushing the body of the firearm forward while holding the slide ) it to scare the girls , unless he was not familiar with the firearm, not sure if it had a round in the chamber. He probably knew he expelled a bullet but could not easily find it with all that was going on in a short time. I seriously doubt he left a unspent round on purpose. Hopefully in time all our questions will be answered.
I agree about not being able to find the bullet, that time of year means a lot of leaves and limbs should have been on the ground so if that was the case finding a bullet , while probably rushing to hurry up and leave would have been very difficult. So my thoughts are he couldn't find it or he forgot about it.

Ah, the fish story! I've been on that platform. You can't see any fish from there. Look at the breaking news video that was shot the day after. The water is almost knee deep and too cloudy. If he really wanted to watch fish, he would have taken the south trail to the bank of the creek. This guy really doesn't know when to shut up. Birdwatching would have been a more believable story, not that it would have cleared him.
RA all but gave LE a confession in 2017 imo. Why did LE not investigate him at that time?

There is no person in Black!!

it’s just a different witness seeing Black instead of blue. I am not understanding the confusion here.

You only have to see the difference in the two sketches to see how people view things so differently moo

I'm not so sure about there being no male dressed in black on or under the Bridge that fateful day. Allegedly, witnesses saw him.

This is where it was discussed last year. BP makes a statement about it, as mentioned in one post about a GH video.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

A woman who was at the bridge commented on a Facebook post by a family member of one of the girls, saying she had been at the bridge shortly after the girls posted the photo. She said she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary.

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”
Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

CE's account of a man in black is not in the PCA nor is it mentioned in the Heavy article. She was on the Bridge after the girls had been taken down the hill. She also snapped photos. @ 1:38 in vid, a friend gives her story, then the reporter @ 1:54 states her friends saw a man dressed in black.

Whether or not LE IDed the man in black or not is unknown to the public. Bottom line though is that the man in black may have been an associate of KAKs, or whatnot, but I can't declare it to be a dead end. There's still so much we don't know about this complex case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname