ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it hasn't been ruled out by LE then it is possible but that would be taking a huge risk. It was a known place for parties etc. If the person had laid in wait and all of a sudden the rooomates brought people home for drinks/a party and everything else that goes with that then that person would then leave themselves in a seriously compromising and dangerous position.

I keep reading that the house was a party house, but what I've seen are photos of big parties at the nearby frat house. Is there a source for that? (I'm not trying to disrespect your view - I just want to make sure that if I incorporate that into my theory, there's a source). We're all a bit excited today, here, I think.

Locked doors, interruption, or possibly the killer had only viewed the house from the back where it's not obvious that there is a first floor. Interestingly, in both the Sharon Tate and the Omega Chi cases there were survivors that went untouched.
Yes! And it is a frightening thought that LE must have considered. I'd like to know if the killer left any message(s). JMO

In college it's like constantly meeting new people plus they lived at a 'party house' I mean LE must be having a difficult time pinning down an individual if this has been going on over two weeks. Hopefully they pull a rabbit out of the hat by Christmas or else my confidence that this case gets solved will drop.

I believe Parabon helps in a lot of these cases.
Texas-based Othram Inc. was just used in Canada to solve two 40 year old rape/murders and just arrested the man who did it. I'm not sure if this company is for cold cases or any type. So glad these exist!

"Making substantial progress" probably means LE has or almost has a DNA profile of the killer, after which the process of eliminating persons of interest should be easy. If he (and the general consensus seems to be that the killer is male) is, as a profiler has indicated, male, young, someone who knew the victims, someone who is/was a hunter or butcher, and someone who owned and/or was interested in knives, LE must be narrowing in on people to investigate.

There has been lots of speculation that the killer was interested in one of the women. I wonder if he could be gay, possibly not out of the closet and conflicted about his sexuality, and have been interested in Ethan. Perhaps he was angry with Ethan for not returning his overtures and with Xana for being the object of Ethan's affections.

Didn't think about it from that angle. My question is, why would he go upstairs to the 3rd floor?

MOO and just speculating:

I kind of wonder if somebody was on the phone with one of the victims or one of the surviving roommates and after they either hung up or the line went quiet/dead, they had reason to suspect the person they were talking to had passed out. I remember hearing that the person who called EMS in the first place described as “a friend” and might not have actually been physically present at all.

As an example, you’re talking to someone and it’s 3 a.m., maybe you knew they were drinking or something. Suddenly you hear the sound of the phone being set down or falling. Or maybe the person on the line starts sounding odd or scared but is trying to sound normal, and eventually they stop speaking. You call EMS to do a welfare check because you want to make sure they’re alright.

A friend at another location, perhaps on campus or perhaps not, could have been speaking to a victim or surviving roommate that was on another floor than the killer. If I started hearing awful sounds from upstairs or just stuff that didn’t quite sound right, I might immediately go quiet out of fear, set down the phone or something.

Alternatively, a victim was still conscious after being attacked, but all they could manage to do was redial the last person they called, or used an app that was open on their phone that can do calls or video chats.

I’m wondering about the job Kaylee had lined up. Did someone else from college also apply for the that job?

Does anyone know why there were 5 cars towed? Did one of the victims own 2 cars?

I don’t want to be overtly negative but the comms have been all over the place.

The media constantly shopping for answers with different LE hasn’t helped but they need to expect that.

They haven’t exactly exuded confidence and I’m sure they sometimes say I don’t know that when they really mean, I can’t disclose it, which leads to people thinking - How can you not know that?

It's like a poker game. Sometimes you got to keep that look of confidence in check. Then when it's time to open up a can of whip *advertiser censored**, that's when you throw down your four of a kind.

Quite possible. And I will again say, that family and the public need to give more trust to LE and stop letting info out that LE hasn't released. I wish they could understand how it harms an investigation.
Is this the same parent who complained that LE wasn't in contact with him, providing more information?

Interview with Aaron Snell.

27th November.

Reporter - Sir, thanks so much for doing this interview with us. You're with the state police. We know the FBI is on the scene and then you have the local police. Who is running this investigation?.

Snell - Yeah, so the Moscow Police Department is running this investigation. When these homicides happened, pretty much, it was all hands on deck. As a team we're all working together for the same goal.

Reporter - Let's talk about some of the investigation. I don't want to compromise the investigation, but some of the critique or stuff circulating, is the crime scene. Are you confident, and you have law enforcement experience as well, that the integrity of the crime scene was not compromised in this investigation?.

Snell - I am confident that there wasn't a compromise with the integrity of the investigation. We know that the Moscow Police Department arrived on scene, they essentially saw what had occurred, they locked it down and then additional resources came in and we have a lot of the best of the best, the best technology, the latest and greatest as far as training goes. So indeed, I believe in the integrity of this investigation.

Reporter - You believe.. just to follow up quickly on the.. normal protocols were followed, witnesses separated, crime scene locked down, that you start off large then work in, smaller. When you guys decided to extend the tape a little bit - Was that because there was more information brought to the table?. What was your reasoning for doing that?.

Snell - Yes, so the other day we extended the crime scene. Really what we did is we just enlarged the working area for the detectives and the investigators that are actually on scene. As we have more and more information, we're able to try and piece together what occurred. When we do that, we want to go out to the scene and see how that fits in. And, so, it wasn't really an evidence collection situation, it was purely a workspace situation. You know, we wanted to make sure that we held the integrity of the investigation, which is important, and so we're not enlarging and retracting the crime scene per se.

Reporter - One follow up on that crime scene - What type of information, because the public, when you request information from... you're squaring that with some of the information that you guys have been able to collect from the scene, so, you got DNA - Has all that DNA been processed through the FBI lab?. Have you all been able to grab all the technology and all that information from - the servers, the Wi-Fi, all that stuff had that already been processed?.

Snell - We are continuing to ask for the public's help, especially for video surveillance. We believe that in many cases, what's not on a video is actually just as important as what is on a video. As far as all the evidence that's been collected, most of that actually, went to the Idaho State Police Crime lab where scientists are working. It's a high priority for this case and they've been working 24/7 to really turn around the evidence and provide that analytics...

Reporter - So, we're still going to be getting some more information from that information that they collected, that hasn't already all been, I mean, it's a big crime scene and they haven't processed all that information just yet?.

Snell - That's correct.

Reporter - All the subjects that were there, that means the people that came from the fraternity house, the witnesses there on the scene that were asleep during this, allegedly - Have they all been cleared from this investigation?.

Snell - What I can tell you is that the roommates that were there and the people that called 911, so that would be all the people that were in the house, detectives at this point time do not believe that any of them were involved. All of them have been cooperative and all of them have helped with the investigation.

Reporter - So, there's been a lot of talk about a dog being at the scene that may have been one of the victim's dog. My question is - Was the dog present in one of the rooms?, or, Was the dog just roaming somewhere in the house, do we know that just yet?.

Snell - Yeah, so to best of my knowledge, we do not know that. What we do know, indeed there was a dog at the residence. Once the officers came, the dog was taken to Animal Services where then a responsible person came and picked up the dog.

Reporter - Was the dog present for the crime?

Snell - So, I don't have that information and we're not sure.

Reporter - And where is the dog now?. Is the dog with the victim's ex-boyfriend?. Can you release that information?.

Snell - So, that's really not our information to release. We do know that the dog was taken to Animal Services and then a responsible person came and took the dog.

Reporter - Is the dog any part of the investigation at this point right now?.

Snell - I don't have that answer for you. I'm not sure.

Reporter - We've learned through some of the press conferences, as well as directly from some of the victims parents that there was a targeted subject there. One of the deceased victims was the target. Can you tell me who was targeted or were there multiple people that were targeted during that incident?.

Snell - So, that's actually a really difficult question and the reason why is because that would be pertinent to the investigation. I think what we have been very consistent in saying is that we believe that this was targeted. We have not come out and said it's targeted to one person or to multiple people. That's all part of that investigation that ultimately will come out. But just right now, it's pretty pertinent to our investigation.

Reporter - I've been following you guys timeline, and you update it as you guys get more information. Xana and Ethan, Mr. Chapin - I looked at the timeline, there's a missing block between 9:00 pm. and 1:45 am. Our team has tried to put together a map and kind of figure out if there is any sources or anything that can provide us that information. Have you been able to fill that part of the timeline in?, because that would probably be critical to you guys investigation, right?.

Snell - Yes, that would be very important and so, as detectives are about that's also what we're trying to do and so anybody that has information we would love to talk with them. We would love video ring camera, just anybody with thoughts and concerns about that. We want to talk to them. We want to make sure that we have a crystal clear picture of where the victims went, where they were that night.

Reporter - Is the fraternity house a part of the crime scene?.

Snell - As part of the crime scene, no, but they do... the people within the fraternity house would have pertinent information. Potentially they saw something out of the ordinary, maybe there were some interactions, those types of things. And so, anybody with that information we want to talk to.

Reporter - I don't want to get into the investigation, obviously, you have to protect that, but the theory of there being what people call a peeping tom - Is that still an option that someone was in the woods looking at these victims?. And if that is true, should the public still be concerned right now?, because that person is still out on the loose.

Snell - So, that's a two-part question. The first part of that question is essentially - Have we ruled anything out? and I can tell you, unequivocally, we have not. As we're gaining this picture of what occured, I think we're going to be able to, hopefully, ascertain kind of the facts of the case and potentially come up with some sort of idea. We do not want to get pigeonholed into anything because we feel that we would miss the other facts and right now since we don't have a specific direction in which to go, we don't want to miss the other facts. The second part of that question, I think, is more about the public safety and the public concern, fear in the community. We recognise there's fear in the community. Ultimately there is a person or persons that is in either our community or someone else's community who's committed four murders and so people need to be alert and aware.

Reporter - Obviously, you've got somebody that's on the loose, right now. There's a lot of fear with the public. Based on what you guys have been able to collect and you all have profilers on the team, the BAU unit is here, why not go ahead and release that profile?.

Snell - So, we don't currently have a suspect and so, as we build that picture, that information from BAU is going to be critical into trying to develop that. And so, if we just provide information to the public - I just don't think that's going to be a wise choice. It will potentially put more fear, more suspicion on a wide variety of people, versus if we use that to really refine where we're at in our investigation, I think that will be more pertinent.

Reporter - Based on the profile that BAU has been able to gather, and again, I understand this is crucial to your investigation, do you believe that the suspect has the ability to attack again?, or do you think this was an isolated incident, that he was specifically targeting individuals or an individual there at that house?.

Snell - So, I think we have to kind of go back to our, unfortunately, standard is that we believe this was a targeted incident.

Reporter - So, you don't think, based on the profile, this person or persons will attack again?.

Snell - I would hate to speculate on anything like that, say one way or the other. I think that you'd be doing a disservice to the community. So, ultimately, we know that there is somebody who is somebody, some people, right?. Ultimately, we know that there's a person or persons that is in a community somewhere that has committed four murders. I think it's important for the public to know that while they may not see a lot of activity in and out of the house, they may not hear about a lot of the different interviews that are occurring but we're making substantial progress. We have a lot of people working on this case and our ultimate resolutions that we would like to find a suspect, make an arrest and then go through the judicial process because that's what would be appropriate.
bumping this

I keep reading that the house was a party house, but what I've seen are photos of big parties at the nearby frat house. Is there a source for that? (I'm not trying to disrespect your view - I just want to make sure that if I incorporate that into my theory, there's a source). We're all a bit excited today, here, I think.
I wouldn't worry about disrespecting my view, I don't take much personally :). There are a good few more reports of similar ilk if you type a general search into Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2