ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask you your opinion on something? The fire chief said the police were first to arrive on scene, which makes sense. They are a volunteer fire department and the two times I’ve had to call an ambulance, police showed up first, I’m assuming because they’re already patrol on the area. The fire chief said that the first responders from the fire and EMS didn’t go inside or transport anyone. I’m assuming because police knew it was a crime scene, the victims were beyond saving and they didn’t want them to contaminate the crime scene.

Does fire/EMS always wait for police to go inside and clear a scene before letting them in? I’m just wondering how that initial response from the police would have looked like and what would have made them wait to let fire/EMS go inside, especially based on the 911 call. If someone on the call said there was someone not moving, would they have fire/EMS wait for them to check everything? Would they make them wait if the caller said someone wasn’t moving and they saw blood? Would they make them wait if they said the doors were locked and they couldn’t get ahold of their roommates?

I understand that we don’t know how long there was between when the police got there vs. when fire/EMS got there, especially since it is a volunteer fire department, but I can’t imagine there was more than 5 minutes or so between the two, especially since it’s not a rural VFD. I could be wrong about that though!

Link to fire chief statement:

Whoever arrives first goes in. .

Regarding the interview with Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson, we feel his responses were messaged to support the implication that new information had been released. Specifically, generalized statements regarding the potential of targeted victims and the involvement of drugs were redefined into an affirmative answer. At this time, there is no change or new information in this case, and references otherwise would be inaccurate.

11/30 Update
Word salad.

Yesterday November 29 LE issued an update saying that they towed five cars to a secure location for further processing of evidence. I interpret that as meaning whoever they think maybe did this might have recently spent time in one of the victims cars.

A useless attempt to make people feel safe, imo. Imo the killer is not going to strike again at the vigil.
I also think an attack at a vigil/any crowded public space is very unlikely but as kitty replied earlier, I guess the idea is to try & make the attendees feel safe inside for the vigil, even if they are potentially at risk when they're at home

TBH I don't think this perp would attend a vigil, just going off all of the profilers who've been interviewed lately. Consensus from the experienced ones was that this perp would be watching media developments closely but from a distance and may even have left town temporarily ( If he's from the town & is able to, although see Snell's comments from 27th on previous page - LE not sure whether he's from there or he's from out of town)

Last edited:
Re: Mr. Goncalves statement on a stalker.

I don't think there is necessarily a discrepancy between LE saying there isn't evidence of a stalker and Mr. Goncalves saying that Kaylee told him she had one. There are two different definitions likely at play here. One is the legal definition of stalker, which LE is looking into, and one is likely a dude that was making unwanted advances and/or harrassing her in some way. I feel like the latter is probably more true here, because if she had an actual stalker and told her Dad that, and her description fit that of an actual stalker, I can guarantee you Dad would've been up there quickly to rectify it (legally or otherwise). As the father of a daughter myself, that's one of our biggest fears and I doubt he would've taken that lightly.

Having said that, if she had either a stalker or a harasser, that would be easily and quickly determined by LE via social media, phone records, etc. It appears LE has exhausted those options at this point.

My opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member