Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a blatant, gross misconstruction of the PCA.

It wasn't even a bullet! It was an unspent case.
There are witnesses to somebody that fits his description.
Etc.

But, I would have said the exact same as his defense.
I haven't seen where it's been said it's an unspent case, I've only seen it said in the PCA and MSM that it's an unspent bullet, or round. What's your source? Here's mine:

An unspent bullet is what connected suspect Richard Allen to the murders in 2017 of Abby Williams and Liberty German according to court documents. The bullet was found between the girls bodies and had extraction marks on it. Police found a .40 caliber pistol searching Allen’s home in October of this year, and say the bullet found was also from a .40 caliber gun.

1669935879952.png

Even his lawyer called it a bullet -
1669935625136.png
1669935705380.png

Honestly, maybe this is why the prosecution was wanting to keep the PCA sealed. If LE does, in fact, have good reason to think there are others involved, they are probably hoping to find those people to help identify RA as the killer, because they know they don't have enough evidence in that PCA to convict. Of course, we don't know what other evidence they have, but testimony from accomplices would be pretty darn helpful. JMO.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEW FBI response: <br> “As stated in the past this is a complex multi-agency investigation. The implication that an alleged clerical error by an FBI employee caused years of delay in identifying this defendant is misleading. <a href="https://t.co/7J5uTXTkxl">https://t.co/7J5uTXTkxl</a></p>&mdash; Angela Ganote (@angelaganote) <a href=" ">December 1, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Sorry I posted this with all the extras on it lol, just was wanting to get this here!

I am wracking my brain trying to remember a similar killer’s Behavior where the perpetrator admits to being there and admits to evidence he knows police have but not everything. It is reminding me of another perpetrator who inserted themselves into the investigation.

I am wracking my brain trying to remember a similar killer’s Behavior where the perpetrator admits to being there and admits to evidence he knows police have but not everything. It is reminding me of another perpetrator who inserted themselves into the investigation.
There are so many cases where this has happened

one big question from that video. If RA left by the route they are theorizing then he *should* have been on camera. Why is he not or is he and they are holding that back?
I believe wording in the PCR mentions the confirmed the witness account based on video . Honestly though This season has been very activity in with so much movement on so many cases it is hard to keep up with facts. I even heard the boy in the box has an i.d expected to be anounced . It just a lot o

I've been thinking for a while now that he knew the layout well and had walked not only the bridge, but the path down, and around the area down there. I think he also checked out the cemetery as he apparently decided to park the car a ways down and walk through it to get to his car. I think he had a really good idea of that area before this went down and that it wasn't his first trip out there. With all that said, it leads me to believe this was a planned attack. Maybe not Abby and Libby specifically (although I'm not ruling that out), but it just feels planned from what little I know from the PCA.

All MOO.
tend to agree. As far as knowing the area (and not just the trails) he had to have no way he knows to cross the river back off the cuff.

I haven't seen where it's been said it's an unspent case, I've only seen it said in the PCA and MSM that it's an unspent bullet, or round. What's your source? Here's mine:

An unspent bullet is what connected suspect Richard Allen to the murders in 2017 of Abby Williams and Liberty German according to court documents. The bullet was found between the girls bodies and had extraction marks on it. Police found a .40 caliber pistol searching Allen’s home in October of this year, and say the bullet found was also from a .40 caliber gun.

View attachment 384279

Even his lawyer called it a bullet -
View attachment 384276
View attachment 384278

An unspent round by nature requires a bullet and a case (which holds a primer, gunpowder, and by tension the bullet together for a complete cartridge). But in my experience people often call rounds bullets or vice versa - like the never ending gun nut argument over the proper use of magazine vs. clip. In any event, the examiner indicated the match was made via extractor marks which are on the case and not the bullet proper. Once a round is cycled, it may exhibit extractor marks on the case whether it is fired or not, just by virtue of being engaged by the extractor in the process of chambering and unchambering.

If you are making the point that there was no unspent case found (which of course do exist, say fresh brass for reloaders and such), I'd agree and then apologize for the explanation above.

Further edit: So I'm not too inaccurate, it's the PCA that says the round had extractor marks on it and then cites an examiner match via cycling.

Last edited:
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe H. Leazenby issued the following statement in response to Allen’s attorneys:
“I feel a court of law is the proper and impartial setting for this matter to be vetted and not within the dominion of speculation or assumption of a public or social media arena. Patience and time must be afforded to the system, granting all aspects of the case to be brought to light.”

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe H. Leazenby issued the following statement in response to Allen’s attorneys:
“I feel a court of law is the proper and impartial setting for this matter to be vetted and not within the dominion of speculation or assumption of a public or social media arena. Patience and time must be afforded to the system, granting all aspects of the case to be brought to light.”
This is a great response. I really don’t think RA’s attorneys have done him any favours here, especially looking at the social media reaction thus far!

JMO.

The MurderSheet podcast and MSM reported that RA approached a state conservation officer (CO) to volunteer information that he had been on Monon High Bridge during the timeframe of the murders but had not seen the girls. This is the 2017 RA narrative report that was reportedly misfiled due to a clerical error.

My hypothesis is that RA volunteered this information late on Feb. 13, 2017.

Supporting considerations are:
—The girls were missing then and their bodies had not been found. The investigation was a Missing Persons investigation, not a Homicide Investigation.
—The state CO would have been part of the search party organized for the girls. The state CO likely took any number of reports from people who had been in the area with a focus on any sightings of girls that could have been Abby and Libby.
—RA did not realize when he volunteered this info that Libby had recorded audio and video.
—RA was hyper aware that he had been seen and was providing himself with a helpful cover story for being in the area.
—Since RA did not know about the audio/video, he thought that the focus would be on the area the girls’ bodies were found — so he thought putting himself on the Bridge actually distanced him from the crime scene. OOPS
—In the PC Affadavit, the state CO writes that potential follow-up re the 2017 RA narrative would be to ID the three juveniles that RA reported seeing. That makes sense only if the investigation was still a Missing Person investigation (really a search party) when the report was taken, since the goal would be to determine whether two of the girls could have been Abby & Libby.
—Once the investigation became a Homicide Investigation, the state CO was no longer involved (outside of purview).
—Sounds like the state CO filed the report properly and the clerical error occurred in transitioning that report for inclusion in the Homicide Investigation “case file” (aka database).
—LE would have laser-focused on RA … if they had seen the 2017 RA Narrative. Once the 2017 RA Narrative was “re-discovered,” it seems LE moved with deliberate speed to interview RA and his spouse, serve a search warrant on his house and vehicle (and no doubt other assets), and arrest him.

This was the missing puzzle piece connecting RA to BG.

That doesn’t mean there isn’t more to the puzzle.

Would be interested in your thoughts.

JMO.

My only problem with this is if RA was interviewed/talked to on the 13th after the murders although it’s a missing persons report wouldn’t he have been muddy and bloody at that point.

Jmo

My only problem with this is if RA was interviewed/talked to on the 13th after the murders although it’s a missing persons report wouldn’t he have been muddy and bloody at that point.

Jmo
And also, even if the info he gave was misfiled or whatever, wouldn't the conservation officer had come forward to LE at a later date, and said, hey, what about the witness I took a statement from type thing! I sure as heck would not just leave it like that! It would be incomprehensible IMO.

Calling the failure to follow up with "RA" a "clerical error" is ridiculous. He came forward to say he was on the bridge.

The idea that no one at LE, at any agency, was like: "let's make a list of the middle aged guys on the bridge between 2pm and 4pm and speak to them again" is absolutely crazy to me.

You'd think a big memo would go out: if ANYONE speaks to ANYONE that admits to being on the bridge, please report it to the core team. Finding people who were on the bridge seems like the single most important thing in this whole case?

Judge to consider Delphi gag order, change of venue next month

They literally called it a tip twice in the PCA.

Investigators reviewing prior tips encountered a tip narrative from an officer who interviewed Richard

M. Allen in 2017. That narrative stated:

Mr. Allen was on the trail between 1330-1530. He parked at the old Farm Bureau building
and walked to the new Freedom Bridge. While at the Freedom Bridge he saw three females.
He noted one was taller and had brown or black hair. He did not remember description nor
did he speak with them. He walked from the Freedom Bridge to the High Bridge. He did not
see anybody, although he stated he was watching a stock ticker on his phone as he walked.
He stated there were -vehicles parked at the High Bridge trail head, however did not pay
attention to them. He did not take any photos or -video.

His cell phone did not list an IMEI but did have the following:
MEID-256 691463100153 495
MEIDHEX-9900247025797

Potential follow up information: Who were the three girls walking in the area of Freedom Bridge?

You don’t hike hike checking a stock ticker.
I suspect it was an pre-emptive overshare. I do think he was using a phone. A borrowed phone. And he feared witnesses saw him using it. So he copped to it. A presplain.

I don't think he was following a stock market ticker though.

I think he was tracking L.

IMO he knew precisely where she was.

JMO

JMO.

The MurderSheet podcast and MSM reported that RA approached a state conservation officer (CO) to volunteer information that he had been on Monon High Bridge during the timeframe of the murders but had not seen the girls. This is the 2017 RA narrative report that was reportedly misfiled due to a clerical error.

My hypothesis is that RA volunteered this information late on Feb. 13, 2017.

Supporting considerations are:
—The girls were missing then and their bodies had not been found. The investigation was a Missing Persons investigation, not a Homicide Investigation.
—The state CO would have been part of the search party organized for the girls. The state CO likely took any number of reports from people who had been in the area with a focus on any sightings of girls that could have been Abby and Libby.
—RA did not realize when he volunteered this info that Libby had recorded audio and video.
—RA was hyper aware that he had been seen and was providing himself with a helpful cover story for being in the area.
—Since RA did not know about the audio/video, he thought that the focus would be on the area the girls’ bodies were found — so he thought putting himself on the Bridge actually distanced him from the crime scene. OOPS
—In the PC Affadavit, the state CO writes that potential follow-up re the 2017 RA narrative would be to ID the three juveniles that RA reported seeing. That makes sense only if the investigation was still a Missing Person investigation (really a search party) when the report was taken, since the goal would be to determine whether two of the girls could have been Abby & Libby.
—Once the investigation became a Homicide Investigation, the state CO was no longer involved (outside of purview).
—Sounds like the state CO filed the report properly and the clerical error occurred in transitioning that report for inclusion in the Homicide Investigation “case file” (aka database).
—LE would have laser-focused on RA … if they had seen the 2017 RA Narrative. Once the 2017 RA Narrative was “re-discovered,” it seems LE moved with deliberate speed to interview RA and his spouse, serve a search warrant on his house and vehicle (and no doubt other assets), and arrest him.

This was the missing puzzle piece connecting RA to BG.

That doesn’t mean there isn’t more to the puzzle.

Would be interested in your thoughts.

JMO.

I think this makes a lot of sense - if he did speak to the CO while it was still Feb 13, that suggests answers to a lot of questions as you outline here! I really like the point that he didn’t know yet there’d be attention on the bridge.

The only catch … in 10/2022, he surely knew everything’s that been released in this case. And when talking to LE he still didn’t try to hide anything…. EG he could’ve said he didn’t remember what he’d been wearing that day five years ago, but instead he described his BG outfit. ??!!??!? What gives here
JMO

Calling the failure to follow up with "RA" a "clerical error" is ridiculous. He came forward to say he was on the bridge.

The idea that no one at LE, at any agency, was like: "let's make a list of the middle aged guys on the bridge between 2pm and 4pm and speak to them again" is absolutely crazy to me.

You'd think a big memo would go out: if ANYONE speaks to ANYONE that admits to being on the bridge, please report it to the core team. Finding people who were on the bridge seems like the single most important thing in this whole case?
Absolutely, I just made a similar comment. Why on earth would any conservation officer or whoever did take R.A.'s statement, even if it was misfiled or lost, NOT come forward at a later date and mention this very important 'witness' to LE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko