ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate asking this but where did KG get the $$$$$/financing for her expensive (?) new car.....

most students would have no money after 4 years of college and rent/food/etc. payments

of course, it could be as simple as her parents bought it for her. and that's extremely likely
She worked. It's a used car. The KBB is $20-25K. Perhaps her parents helped too.

• Detectives are aware of a sixth person listed on the lease at the residence. They have spoken to this individual and confirmed they moved out prior to the start of the school year and was not present at the time of the incident. Detectives do not believe this person has any involvement in the murders.

In my humble opinion I believe this is a revenge killing related to the house and not a specific person. Revenge for what? That is the only answer we need. The problem with this is that it implies that the house had wronged someone. If the student body does not have any ideas then it must be a local resident. Does the house have a name used by students to describe it? grasping at straws here.

here you go

a member just posted this on page 17 of this thread

'Augusta lived there with a handful of other people, all men at the time, who were a mix of students or employees at the University of Idaho or Washington State University, or workers at nearby businesses. Augusta lived there for six months, and moved out in December 2019.

He called the residence at the time, a "community house." "You never locked the [side] screen door. Why would you lock the screen door? I mean, you've got locks on all the rooms, so we never locked the screen door," Augusta said.

It's a start

The news is reporting that the police are now saying they stand by their claim that it was targeted but they are not sure if it was a person or the house that was the target.

It's double speak and semantic word games like this that cause me not to trust what the police tell us.

It leaves me feeling like them not being embarrassed is a top priority for them.

Should people who live in split level homes be concerned?

Maybe people who own dogs or people who are right-handed.

The police have broadened the word "target" to mean almost anything. I am losing confidence in them.
I think LE is telling us the the killer went into this house and killed four people. LE is not sure why. Yet. Something or someone drew him there. LE is doing everything they can to find out who did it and why. They may not even know the answer until they identify a subject. Sometimes the perpetrator doesn’t even know why he does the things he does.

LE is doing a massive amount of difficult, cross contaminated, forensics work. They are following up on hundreds of tips, interviewing dozens and dozens of people, collecting and watching every piece of video data they can get their hands on.
However, you are losing confidence in the police because they can’t tell you if you should be concerned if you own a split level house, own a dog, or are righted handed? They have stepped up patrols, brought in extra officers from outside agencies, and asked folks to call them if they see or hear anything unusual.
Since the police can’t assign an officer to every citizen in their jurisdiction, maybe folks need to take some responsibility for their own safety, too. How about anyone should be concerned who lives in that area? How about everyone should take precautions? How about everyone should lock their doors and stay in groups until this monster is found.

JMO Makes me wonder why they chose now to release the information. After 3 weeks why now? Hmmm…
Maybe because it has ~zero~ connection to the quadruple homicide, which they had already determined, but were boxed in by media speculation? JMHO, but it feels like LE are being forced to address a lot of speculation their investigation had already ruled in/out.

In 2019, when Augusta lived at the house, the residence had code locks on each bedroom door because each bedroom was rented individually, he said.

You never locked the [side] screen door. Why would you lock the screen door? I mean, you've got locks on all the rooms, so we never locked the screen door," Augusta said.

It was unclear if that was still the case when the victims began their lease on June 5. Some other victims' social media posts showed images of the home that reflected that the locks had since been changed.

He said people would frequently use a "walk path" that led directly from the area of the King Road home to the nearby fraternities.

Augusta said he has since submitted two tips to police, and is considering a third based on his experience around Moscow and living at the home.

great link thanks

Fox reporters have done a pretty good job on this case imo

car park angle is new too (pathway from frat - via house - to car park)
retired cop who picked up the path on Thanksgiving didn't pick-up that ( he couldn't, he was just doing exit & entry options)

neither of those locations had working lights prior to murders & ofc there's hardly any municipal street lighting there either

What is the difference between a “targeted attack”, and a “residence targeted”?
That’s What I Would like To know, first how would they even know the difference, saying the residence or house was the target, maybe the neighbor didn’t like the color, Geez I wish they would just admit that they don’t know yet if it was targeted or random, What makes them think the house was targeted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther