ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do you say that Nony?

( I was hoping we'd get some local feedback on that article)
There are a few reasons. I know a young woman who visited the house sometime in the last couple/few years who didn’t notice bedroom code locks. She can’t nail down the time frame other than pre-COVID. She could also just not have noticed because no bedroom doors were shut or whatever. IDK

One of my bff’s granddaughter attended ~several~ parties there before this guy lived there & saw no bedroom code locks like he describes (I personally couldn’t make it out on his photo - bad eyes!). The house was rented out as a whole, not per bedroom.

It’s possible maybe property management maybe changed bedroom doorknobs depending on the makeup of those living there during any lease period or post-renovation?

For those who have reviewed the housemates’ SM, any bedroom door code locks visible?

It’s also possible property management has been “stuck” not renting out the house as a whole during certain phases, but that would surprise me given the desirability of the house generally & post-renovation specifically. OTOH, maybe renovations were completed mid-semester or something like that so students had already secured housing?

Just some oddities & other things to ponder/consider IMHO only.

The individuals at 1122 king st house today in a gray truck appear to display body language of a lead type detective, lawyer, and a witness. Pray an arrest is made soon

Would a potential witness be allowed back into the crime scene? I wouldn't think it would be a prudent decision for many reasons, but wonder if experts can chime in.

I hate asking this but where did KG get the $$$$$/financing for her expensive (?) new car.....

most students would have no money after 4 years of college and rent/food/etc. payments

of course, it could be as simple as her parents bought it for her. and that's extremely likely

<modsnip>

wonder if police have checked on students who didn't come back. of course, it's probably alot of people...... but maybe some that don't fit the image of being too scared to come back........ on the other hand, I did see a former University of Idaho football player (maybe a linebacker... but very big and strong) saying he was "scared to death" of living in his Moscow house. so maybe everyone is petrified.
I read today that the University of Idaho will not share the information regarding which students returned to campus and which haven't with LE. This is out of concern for student privacy.

so everybody over 18 can own a gun without a permit in Idaho? even if they're a student massacre type guy? or a former jailbird? or mentally ill?

oh!

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. I don't live there so this is all my opinion based on MSM reports of supposed paramilitary activity in northern Idaho in response to threats. Since at least 2 of the girls were from Coeur d'alene in northern Idaho (and was Xana from there too? I can't remember), if someone there had a gripe with the girls and wanted to harm them, I think they'd be more likely to use a gun.

The above is all MOO, but I'm providing a MSM media source from the Associated Press as to why I believe that.

I recommend to check the history of crime. There is a lot of knife murders committed by people who were totally unprepared, not particularly strong and commited them on impulse.

Breastbone is an inch wide, more or less, so that leaves a lot of space on the chest to stab without trying to pierce the sternum. But even if the perp was attempting to stab them through the breastbone, it is less than half of inch thick and, because the victims were fairly young, their breastbones weren't fully ossified yet. Therefore stabbing them in their chests might have required far less strength than you imagine.

The victims were asleep when they were attacked and at least two of them were under an influence of the alcohol. You can easily kill someone with just one stab in the chest area - heart, thoracic aorta, abdominal aorta, take your pick. It's even easier to incapacitate someone with one stab - windpipe, lung, one of the smaller arteries and the victim is practically unable to fight, or to scream. Yes, according to the coroner the victims had defensive wounds, but if does not mean they were actively fighting. It was enoough to wave their arms incoherently to acquire some defensive wounds.
I also recommend you study the history of crimes involving this type of incident and the killer’s behavior.

Piquerism should be addressed.

How many crimes have you researched reach this manner of death and brutality? — Not speaking of random knife slashings in public places with several victims as it’s a different MO and different type of crime. Also not considering a domestic situ where a knife is involved or even family annihilator cases because it’s a different scene as well. No murder suicides or robberies gone wrong.

My point is: there aren’t many specific crimes that are like the Idaho Murders. Because knife crimes like these are so personal, they’re usually solved relatively quickly because it’s caused by someone known to them victim.

There are outliers that commit personal knife crimes of more than one person and they are very few and far between when it’s a “true victim” crime.

That’s why the comparison to Rollings is being discussed. Because in actual reality, there actually aren’t that many cases like this one.

I found Maddie’s Pinterest and it has a photo of their room. It offers some perspective as to how it was arranged. sorority bedroom | Sorority bedroom, College bedroom, Bedroom

We can't be sure that was her room (her last room). That appears to be a pin from someone else, which she repinned. Further, she wasn't living in the sorority (and I've seen nothing that indicates she ever did - but perhaps she did).

She was collecting ideas for her ideal room. It's very sad, is what it is.

I'm very curious about the man with the backpack. He has a flannel with a grey hoodie, jeans, glasses and a PING (golf company) baseball style hat.

Hmmm very peculiar indeed. Would LE ever take someone back to the scene of a crime, if they confessed? Otherwise the guy with the backpack may have been carrying tools or technical equipment for further scene processing. The driver of the truck had an official notebook/pad with him.

Their murders don’t track with a petty grievance, IMO.

The way in which they were all killed with a knife suggests a particular type of offender and a particular type of motive.

If the above were true (while anything is possible), it would be more likely than not a result of maybe something less personal, like a gun or burning the house down. I think LE would maybe have a POI if it was someone closer to them and coupled with the fact that it’s been nearly three weeks and police work from the inner circle out — the probability of a grievance killing is less likely because they’re stating there is no POI’s at all.

IMO, the thought calculation, preparation, sheer constitution and physical strength it actually takes to brutally murder someone with a knife, <modsnip> all while potentially fighting off the victim from defending themselves and keeping them quiet — Not once, but four different times is a different level of brutality.

The manner in which the victims were killed tells investigators a lot about the perpetrator. Since the beginning, this case has reminded me most of Danny Rollings, “The Gainesville Slayer”

In a previous thread, I listed the differences and similarities based off what we know. And I still think as time goes on, this may be a “true” victim crime where the victims possibly didn’t know, and had no real connections to the perpetrator, making it an extremely difficult case to solve, generally speaking.

Also, just because there wasn’t SA present doesn’t mean a few things (I previously discussed in an earlier thread):

1. That there still was a sexual component and it was one of the main drivers for the murders.

2. The perpetrator may have been caught off guard and wasn’t able to finish his fantasy; and or, he physically wasn’t capable of SA.

3. Piquerism may be involved. Basically it’s a type of paraphillia— a sexual disorder that involves knives and the knife is used as a stand in a phallic way.

4. These murders were way more brutal and personal than they had to be: there are many different ways to kill people and besides strangling, the perpetrator chose the most personal.

There are subtype personalities to serial killers and IMO, he’s mostly like a thrill-killer: these are the same types of killers as Rollings, Ramirez, and Israel Keyes.

If this is the case, only he knows why he chose them that night. The victims could just represent a stand in and he took his aggression out on them (as Rollings did). Or, they were seen somewhere by him and for whatever reason, he honed in on them and carried out his fantasy. We don’t know.

It could be a lot of things, but no one really has enough information to have a definitive answer and the longer it goes and people closest to them get ruled out, the circle gets wider and the murderer and his motive get more difficult to uncover. *This is all also conjecture on my part.

Bumping this with a big Thank You @slanda. Everyone should read your post because it's packed full of knowledge of the type needed on these threads. Learned how to better look at different types of killers and what might motivate them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not following this discussion of people / private security, but I suspect this is related...?

(December 2, 2022)
  • As detectives move forward with the homicide investigation, a private security company has been contracted to provide scene security to free up patrol resources. The scene remains under police control.

Last edited:
I went back and added a link for the pertinent laws in Idaho. Additionally, Federal law prohibits felons, most diagnosed mentally ill, domestic violence offenders, and others from owning a firearm.

Just a correction: most people with a diagnosed mental illness are actually NOT prohibited by federal law from owning a gun.

"Under federal law, anyone who has been involuntarily committed to a mental health institution or determined by a lawful authority as a danger to others as a result of a mental illness is banned from owning a firearm.""

This is a minority of those with mental illness. Most people with mental illness have never been involuntarily committed nor have they been determined by a court to be a danger to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels