ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with neither a suspect nor person of interest named or known, according to the prosecutor, and the victims being young students living on or near campus, and their having been at a minimum being generally targeted, according to LE and the FBI's definition of targeting, and their being brutally murdered with knives while they likely slept, according to the coroner, then why doesn't the school have a curfew in place?

My opinion.

I have not watched the video. Hunter is also the name of Ethan’s brother, I believe.
This is Hunter J, Ethan's best friend, not his brother with same first name. I went back and edited my earlier post to make that clear.

Hunter J. (speaker at memorial service) and his girlfriend E were apparently very close to Ethan and Xana.

Agencies and/or schools and/or public officials that do not inform the public about certain necessary facts of, and the inherent risks associated with, a brutal, sadistic crime that was targeted against the largest sector of a community's population, are unreliable by default.

My opinion.
That’s true and I also believe LE is not saying things because of the comments on social media platforms. That’s just my opinion.

If Ethan's sibling(s) just showed up on 11/13/22 after a call from one of the alive roommates, why did the sibling car have to stay at crime scene and be hauled away with other cars that were parked at 1122 King House Sat night 11/12/22? Did other college students who were summoned park in 1122 parking lot or just Ethan's siblings? Has it been confirmed that the only people who had permission to sleep at 1122 King house night of 11/12/22 was 4 roommates and Ethan or were there other guests who crashed at the house or who had asked to crash at house or were partying after roommates went to bed? I am still baffled by no immediate call by 20/21 year olds to 911. Like what if one of the stabbing victims had not died yet from fatal stab?

Interesting but I think it’s a typo, police say that the four “suspects” were in different places in Moscow that night. Link included plus screenshot from article. Click on the attachment to see that sentence.

''Retired FBI profiler Mary Ellen O'Toole said there's a 50% chance the killer could attend the Idaho student victims' funerals because of the brazenness of the attack''​

"Sometimes offenders show up," said Mary Ellen O'Toole, who once worked in the bureau's prestigious behavioral analysis unit.

"They may take a lot of pleasure in thinking that they got away with the crime, and so going to a service like this where they can walk around and people don't realize who they are, that can certainly feed into that kind of egotistical response," she said.''

"There’s an arrogance about this crime, there’s a high-risk nature," she said, noting that the offender entered a home occupied by six people "where there was every conceivable possibility he would have had his a-- kicked."
IMO the killer is still healing from his knife wounds away from Moscow which police may realize and have the person under LE watch which is why no reward offered and no threat to Moscow community.

How does everyone feel about KG's family's decision to not hold a funeral now? I'm the parent of a college senior myself and I certainly sympathize. However, I'm concerned if this case goes the way of Delphi and others I've followed lately they may be prolonging their grieving process. Can anyone speak to this in a professional capacity?
No professional here. Just wondering if they are afraid there might be violence or some sort of altercation at their memorial?

Agencies and/or schools and/or public officials that do not inform the public about certain necessary facts of, and the inherent risks associated with, a brutal, sadistic crime that was targeted against the largest sector of a community's population, are unreliable by default.

My opinion.
Virtually everyone in Moscow, ID knows that the four students were horribly killed by a knife in their home in the middle of the night. Moscow PD has been very forthcoming. They have said they don’t know who did it, that they have no POI’s, and they don’t know why it happened to these particular people in this particular house. They have told everyone what they are doing to solve this crime, who is helping, who they don’t think is involved, (at this time), and they update this information every few days as new information comes to light.
You believe that Moscow PD is unreliable by default.

Interesting but I think it’s a typo, police say that the four “suspects” were in different places in Moscow that night. Link included plus screenshot from article. Click on the attachment to see that sentence.

X&E were watching at home watching a movie at least at midnight per X's Dad; 2 champagne like glasses at crime scene along with microwaveable popcorn; and police stated E&X returned home same time as M&K so it seems likely that X&E left 1122 King Road after movie and then came back to 1122 King Road. Ethan got a perfect parking spot at 1122. Wonder if roommates had a designated parking spot at 1122 King Road.

''Retired FBI profiler Mary Ellen O'Toole said there's a 50% chance the killer could attend the Idaho student victims' funerals because of the brazenness of the attack''​

"Sometimes offenders show up," said Mary Ellen O'Toole, who once worked in the bureau's prestigious behavioral analysis unit.

"They may take a lot of pleasure in thinking that they got away with the crime, and so going to a service like this where they can walk around and people don't realize who they are, that can certainly feed into that kind of egotistical response," she said.''

"There’s an arrogance about this crime, there’s a high-risk nature," she said, noting that the offender entered a home occupied by six people "where there was every conceivable possibility he would have had his a-- kicked."
Based on this I hope LE stakes out and has surveillance at the memorials, and for blocks around them in case someone is observing them from afar! Or sitting in a car nearby or walking casually past or whatever.

Virtually everyone in Moscow, ID knows that the four students were horribly killed by a knife in their home in the middle of the night. Moscow PD has been very forthcoming. They have said they don’t know who did it, that they have no POI’s, and they don’t know why it happened to these particular people in this particular house. They have told everyone what they are doing to solve this crime, who is helping, who they don’t think is involved, (at this time), and they update this information every few days as new information comes to light.
Based on your old cop experience, what would you say that their statements about individuals being “cleared at this time” means?

Based on this I hope LE stakes out and has surveillance at the memorials, and for blocks around them in case someone is observing them from afar! Or sitting in a car nearby or walking casually past or whatever.
I'd hope LE base their decisions on what their own FBI partners are saying, rather than an ex FBI agent who doesn't know all the facts of this case.

No professional here. Just wondering if they are afraid there might be violence or some sort of altercation at their memorial?
I guess it might be something more simple.
That they've been led to believe - from pretty baseless comments - things like ' there is a 50% chance that the perp will attend' a public gathering ( vigil, funeral)

There's one on this page. If you look at it, you'll see the profiler says 50% and then in same article reverts to ' some' ( some chance of a perp attending)

I doubt that the evidential sample for this conclusion is statistically small or not based on any stats

Based on your old cop experience, what would you say that their statements about individuals being “cleared at this time” means?
Based on my totally civilian experience, I'd guess it means, "unless and until we receive new evidence that requires another look at these people."

Basically next to nothing.

I hope this link works, it was provided to us by @thatssoamy on the previous thread. It is a link to the memorial service that was held yesterday for the victims of the murder and was organized by Xana's family.

I am reposting it on this new thread in case anyone wants to watch it. The first speaker, after the pastor, is Maddie's boyfriend, Jake. Xana's father, sister, and aunt also spoke at the service. The last speaker was Ethan's best friend, Hunter J. Sounds like he and his girlfriend, E, were very close to Ethan and Xana and spent a lot of time together.

After Hunter J. spoke, the pastor read two letters written by the surviving roommates. Each one of the surviving roommates talked about each of the victims and what they meant to her. IMO, it showed how close the personal relationships were with all of the members of the house, how deeply engaged each one of them were with one another, and how much each member of the house loved one another. Their heartfelt remarks really shed light on how integrated the lives of the 5 young women were, and also with Ethan.

JMO. And thanks to @thatssoamy for contacting the church and getting this link for us, so that those of us who missed the live ceremony could watch the video.

Edited to add:
Pastor reads surviving roommates' letters around the 2:57:24 mark.

Also added last name initial for speaker that was Ethan's best friend, Hunter J. who spoke at the service, so as not to confuse him with Ethan's sibling who has same first name).
It did me good to watch that in full, tho' I'm crying again.
The vibrant lives literally slashed out of existence and the gross awfulness of that strikes me forcefully.

I send heartfelt love and comfort to their families and friends.
They all did them proud.

I wish for them ongoing strength, unity and catharsis.

Pictures taken by Fox News Digital show the inside of several rooms through windows of the house. One window has an evidence tape attached to it, along with a handprint nearby.

View attachment 384720

Definitely eerie. I read the article, but Fox gave no indication where this handprint may have been, do you have any idea which window this was?

I believe that a brutal crime like this perpetrated against students by an unknown person or persons who generally targeted them in their home while they likely slept, according to official accounts, should come with substantial warnings to students and the immediate public, and that the school should have issued a strong warning while at the same time implementing either mandatory online coursework or at a minimum, imposed a curfew, until the suspect is caught or known.

Ambiguously sharing generic information with the public about a crime of this magnitude is not enough, and isn't conducive to cultivating public trust in community officials.

My opinion.

Pictures taken by Fox News Digital show the inside of several rooms through windows of the house. One window has an evidence tape attached to it, along with a handprint nearby.

View attachment 384720
Do you all see what looks like a handprint.
To me looks more like it's a left hand. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member