ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right! My apologies...I think my brain just pictured him closed up. Appreciate the redirect to the facts!

This dog looks like a labradoodle. The more people in the house the happier it would be.
Really depends on the people in the house. Some people don't like dogs and are not nice to them. With a house full of people, likely drinking and getting a little rowdy perhaps, the dog could get quite stressed and look for a 'safe' place to retreat.

I'm getting the feeling that it is MSM that is shifting its reporting focus to X and E.
There is just nothing new here.
Except in the official LE update, they are asking the public for more info, for time X and E spent that night at Ethan's place.

Since K was in M's room, texting, and then going to sleep together at 3AM, the dog may have just stayed in K's room for a variety of reasons. Maybe he ran away during the attack, or maybe he wasn't in M's room. I'm sure LE inspected him for blood, etc.
It's very possible that Murphy, the dog, always slept in Kaylee's room with her.
That was where he was used to going at bedtime. That night if the girls did sleep in Maddie's room perhaps the dog wandered into Kaylee's room to sleep, just like he had always done. There might have even been a crate with an open door, and his bed inside it, that he often slept on. Dogs have routines and tend to adhere to those routines normally. If the killer went to that room first and saw the girls were not there but noticed the dog asleep he might have closed the door before heading to Maddie's bedroom. Dogs go into deep sleep cycles just as we do and Murphy might not have been aware of the nearby killer. At this point all we can do is speculate of course.

SG has all but confirmed that K and M were both killed in the third floor bedroom first.
Where did he confirm they were killed first? I have never seen any comments from him or LE that said that. If it's from his comment wondering why the killer went upstairs, that's not confirmation the killer did that first. MOO

June 11, 2021

''BOISE, Idaho — The U.S. Marshals Service and numerous Treasure Valley law enforcement agencies conducted a joint operation for less than two weeks that resulted in 91 arrests.
According to a statement released by the U.S. Marshals Service, police arrested 43 gang members of the Aryan Knights, a white supremacist prison gang founded in Idaho, Severely Violent Criminals, another gang formed in Idaho prisons, and the Surenos and Nortenos, which are both Hispanic street gangs.''

''Idaho

The high crime rates in Idaho are caused by gangs like S.V.C., Latin Kings, and Aryan Knights, who commit crimes throughout the state. Idaho has one of the highest violent case rates, with every city reporting thousands of robberies and assaults annually.''

''Recently, Idaho Falls reactivated its gang task force based on an upswing in gang-related activity. This will be a presentation by a member of the task force on the presence of gangs and gang activity in Idaho Falls.''
World Population Review is generally credible, but for Idaho it looks like someone didn't do their homework and just cut and pasted from somewhere else. Yes, Idaho has gangs. But high rate of violence in every city? bs

Is anyone else getting the feeling that LE has delved pretty extensively into K & M and have come up with nothing and that's why X and E are now more of a priority?
I'm thinking that they need to delve into all of them there is nothing to eliminate the possibility that it was an associate of one of the victims. I think it would be reckless for any investigator not to looking into all of them, and that is not to victim blame that is just common sense, as associates are not always a friends.

Perhaps I'm assuming too much atm, but I'm wondering if LE initially thought K was the primary "target" because she had more/worse wounds, but after 3 weeks, and lots of consultation with state LE and the FBI and exhausting any potential leads of who might have targeted her, now think her wounds may not be because of "targeting", as a number of other scenarios could explain why she got the worst of it.

Thinking she may still have been targeted but it's time to focus more energy elsewhere (i.e. X and E). The fact that they don't have X and E's timeline nailed down better is odd to me. They're asking for "communications" from that night, like text messages. Do they not have access to X and E's cell phone data yet? IDK. You would think the fact that they've been having a hard time tracking X and E that night and needed the publics help would have been stressed more strong and definitely more often before now. It confuses me...

They sure don't seem like they've found any viable connections with K and M as of yet.

Also, this a bit random but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. Given the lack of blood trail as the killer left (if there was a trail of any kind LE would have been able to definitively pin down how left), I've been thinking back to an old murder case where the killer wore medical "booties" as a forensic counter measure when he murdered with a knife. It's the Hollywood ripper case, one of his medical booties he used to keep blood off his shoes was accidentally dropped, they found it in the yard and then found a supply of them when they searched the suspects home.

I've been wondering if the Idaho murderer could have done something similar. Otherwise, I can't figure out he didn't track blood on the way out.

I'm confused about the supposed confusion of E and X's whereabouts until about 1:45am. Article linked below states "Police said the couple, both 20 years old, was believed to be at Chapin's frat house from 9 p.m. on Nov. 12 to 1:45 a.m. on Nov. 13." (BBM).

Why are so many on MSM saying LE don't know where they were from 9pm to 1:45am? This reporting seems like they do, but would like more info about what happened at the party during that time?

SOURCE: Idaho police zero in on movements of 2 victims who went to frat house before killings

MOO

Really depends on the people in the house. Some people don't like dogs and are not nice to them. With a house full of people, likely drinking and getting a little rowdy perhaps, the dog could get quite stressed and look for a 'safe' place to retreat.
I own a doodle. He barks when anyone pulls in my driveway, drives by my house or comes inside. Having said that, once inside a couple pats and he's very friendly. All dogs are different. I don't think breed has anything to do with temperament. I think the dogs upbringing and experiences does and if this dog lived in a party house it would be used to people coming and going and lots of commotion. My guess is he was in the room with Kaylee and Maddy and they likely had the door opened to this room and Kaylee's room so he could go back and forth. I think the dog probably slept in Kaylee's room as that is the room he was used to. The perp could have easily closed the door and kept him inside while he went to the other rooms.

Fair and I don't blame SG at all. He wants justice for his daughter. Same as any father would want. What I'm saying is that none of the other families have spoken out this vehemently about the case so either they are satisfied LE is doing everything they can, or there's another reason.

I'm saying we're focusing on the small minority here and ignoring the silent majority. Would it change anyone's mind if say MM's Dad gave an interview and praised LE and said the communication has met his expectations? What I'm getting at is we're taking one set of statements from one family member when there are many and applying blanket logic.
Mr. G is representing MM’s family has well as he has indicated. Link has been posted and discussed in previous posts.

I'm confused about the supposed confusion of E and X's whereabouts until about 1:45am. Article linked below states "Police said the couple, both 20 years old, was believed to be at Chapin's frat house from 9 p.m. on Nov. 12 to 1:45 a.m. on Nov. 13." (BBM).

Why are so many on MSM saying LE don't know where they were from 9pm to 1:45am? This reporting seems like they do, but would like more info about what happened at the party during that time?

SOURCE: Idaho police zero in on movements of 2 victims who went to frat house before killings

MOO
It seems like they might have a general idea, "home at midnight. watch a movie. run out and grab some food and get back to the house around same time K & M get home." But they're asking for "communications" throughout the night, which I find odd. IDK. It doesn't make me feel super confident about what the investigation has uncovered so far since this general timeline seemed to be sufficient for them for the last three weeks and is now the priority. Makes me feel like they thought K & M's movements/interactions were more important these last three weeks but that direction has not produced anything tangible.

Thanks for posting. I always get excited when there’s an article I haven’t yet seen.

Do we know if any of the BAU unit or anyone else has put out an official profile of the cowardly killer? If not, why? It can’t be to not alarm anyone. The alarm has been blaring IMO
if only that precious little Murphy could speak.

Bolded by me.

Perhaps in the form of a lawyer though, rather than a PI?.
What I found confusing was SG described his PI as having 50 years of homicide investigation experience. But wouldn't this make the PI's age somewhere in his 70's or 80's? He had been pointing out the possible inexperience of the detectives on this case as due to their being in their mid-20's.

It's very possible that Murphy, the dog, always slept in Kaylee's room with her.
That was where he was used to going at bedtime. That night if the girls did sleep in Maddie's room perhaps the dog wandered into Kaylee's room to sleep, just like he had always done. There might have even been a crate with an open door, and his bed inside it, that he often slept on. Dogs have routines and tend to adhere to those routines normally. If the killer went to that room first and saw the girls were not there but noticed the dog asleep he might have closed the door before heading to Maddie's bedroom. Dogs go into deep sleep cycles just as we do and Murphy might not have been aware of the nearby killer. At this point all we can do is speculate of course.

JMO Wherever the dog was I don’t believe he got near any of the victims. If so it’s likely he could have tracked blood as he walked throughout the house. But I don’t believe that happened. LE said the dog was sent to animal services and soon released to a “responsible party”. That time frame is much too fast to do a proper forensic evidence gathering exam on him if there was blood on his paws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbitfoot