ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I can't get my head around the idea that the killer was in the house when K & M got home. I mean that would mean that they were there not only when K&M got home but also when X & E got home. We know that K & M made phone calls after they got home. So I think the killer entered the home after they had gone to bed. Probably waited until they thought the victims were asleep. MOO
I go back & forth on this too, as well as if he knew of the bedrooms downstairs or not.
The only reason i currently think he wasn’t waiting inside is the fact that the closets don’t seem to have doors. At least in the Zillow pics. I could be wrong- I need glasses for sure. Or perhaps doors were added after they moved in? I really don’t know.

Could you clarify by what you mean by our " DNA can change with modern medicine" ? So "even with DNA they would need supporting evidence"? Being able to change our DNA is news to me.

News to me too, as DNA is one of the most persistent structures in a human body, and there are billions of chromosomes in every human, of which 99.999% are the same (for that person), Yes, mutations occur, but no one would use just one bit of cellular DNA to ID anyone...

has there been that much video of this house released? Odd for a community frat house to not have a community area. This house was known to be a party house but it was just all bedrooms and kitchens?

They were not killed at the frat house. The killer went room to room in the house where the four victims were killed, which is not the frat house but a private house with six bedrooms (I believe) not far from the frat house, where one of the victims was a member (not sure if E still lived at the frat house).

I think I read initially they were looking at interstate cameras during those times, going north (?) I don't know which interstates and I don't have a link, but I remember this released a day or so after the murders.

Credit and debit card statements show either a store name or store ID number, both would be easy to trace.

That is not enough evidence of someone being labelled a narcissist. We know nothing about the perp. and we know even less about what occurred in that house. We are all just theorising at this point.

Without knowing anything about a persons history, we can't throw disorders around willy-nilly. Even professionals have to see and speak with someone multiple times, before they can even come close to a diagnosis.
Sorry it was just my opinion-somebody asked

Moscow Homicide Update
December 6, 2022

MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.

Updated Information:

• Starting Wednesday morning, December 7, 2022, and potentially into Thursday, Moscow Police Chief James Fry, along with members of the department, will collect and remove some of the victims’ personal belongings from the residence, which are no longer needed for the investigation, so that they can be returned to the families. The items will be loaded into a truck and transferred to a secure location until the families can collect the belongings. These arrangements were made in coordination with the families.

Anyone near the residence Wednesday morning is asked to keep roads clear. Movement of the items will be done as privately as possible in an effort to maintain respect for the victims and their families. We ask members of the media and community to be respectful of this process.

The house remains an active crime scene, and progress continues to be made in the investigation.

Moscow Police and investigative partners continue to work with the victim’s families on the investigation and ongoing developments.

A video interview for media use and public viewing with Moscow Police Chief James Fry is available on the Moscow Police Department YouTube page. Chief Fry explains why the investigative team wanted to handle the delicate and sensitive handling of the victim’s close possessions.

• Detectives continue processing and working through more than 2,645 emailed tips, 2,770 phone tips, and 1,084 digital media submissions. We believe someone has information that will add context to the picture investigators are creating of what occurred that evening. Our focus is the investigation, not the activities. Your information, whether you believe it is significant or not, might be one of the puzzle pieces that help solve these murders.

• TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders. To assist with the ongoing investigation, any odd or out-of-the-ordinary events that took place should be reported. Our focus is the investigation, not the activities. Your information, whether you believe it is significant or not, might be the piece of the puzzle that helps investigators solve these murders. Information can be submitted:
o Tip Line: 208-883-7180
o Email: tipline@ci.moscow.id.us
o Digital Media: fbi.gov/moscowidaho

• At this time, no suspect has been identified and only vetted information that does not hinder the investigation will be released to the public. There is speculation, without factual backing, stoking community fears and spreading false information. We encourage referencing official releases for accurate information and updated progress.

• All Press Releases and information related to this case are available:

###

#MoscowPolice
I dont know if I were family, if I would want to see the inside or the house, BUT, wouldn’t the family know If something was missing?

That tells me that early interviews that stated E & X were at Sig Chi until much later have recently either not been corroborated or have been outright disproven, imo. Who lied?
I wonder if LE is stating they “believe” Xana and Ethan were at Sigma Chi between 9pm to 1:45am because their phones pinged in that area, but the problem is, no one actually saw them at Sigma Chi after 9pm so they can’t say for certain. They could very well have been in a room by themselves there for that period of time. The thing is, I would assume a general area around the Sigma Chi house would show the same general area for a ping, to include the victims’ house, so they really could have been anywhere in the “ping-worthy” area. I know pings can be narrowed down to a specific area, but I don’t know if they can be narrowed far enough down to a specific house or block.

I am reminded of the killings from the book In Cold Blood. All four family members were killed. While one of the killers says the plan was never to kill anyone, it is believed that the other one always intended to kill everyone in the house because he resented that they were rich and he was not. He hunted them down. The daughter was found hiding under her bed, and they drug her out and killed her. It doesn't have to be someone that knew them. It can be someone that resented them.

Psychology doesn’t recognize the term insanity. That’s definitely a judicial term and rarely recognized by the courts. I just don’t see this killer being declared insane by the courts, but I could be wrong.
I hope not. He chose to take four lives for no apparent reason looking at these kids And their lives.

That is not enough evidence of someone being labelled a narcissist. We know nothing about the perp. and we know even less about what occurred in that house. We are all just theorising at this point.

Without knowing anything about a persons history, we can't throw disorders around willy-nilly. Even professionals have to see and speak with someone multiple times, before they can even come close to a diagnosis.
About as far as I'm willing to go is that I think it's extremely unlikely that the house was a random target, ex. someone was out with a knife looking to kill and they just happened upon this house.

Beyond that... any one or more of the victims could've been specific targets for any one of about a dozen hypothetical reasons. Or, maybe they were all simply targets because it was a "house full of college girls."

Does anyone recall another big case where LE goes in and gets personal items for a family before releasing the house?

I have but it my not be something that is made public information but in this case, it seems prudent. The families want the personal items as soon as possible and I really can't comprehend the idea of asking those poor people to go into a house soaked in the blood of their children.

LE does work hard to try and make things as easy as they can for the victim's families and to the best of my knowledge, the house is still an active crime scene so it does seem like a fair compromise.

Click below to continue the discussion in Thread #24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname