ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaho police say individuals cleared as suspects in college student murders may be reinterviewed

Several people including the two surviving roommates and a man seen with two of the victims at a food truck have been cleared as suspects in the killings​

From the link, posted in the original post:

Individuals who have already been publicly cleared as suspects in the brutal murders of four University of Idaho students may be reinterviewed by law enforcement as the investigation rumbles on for a fourth week and the killer remains at large.

Moscow Police Chief James Fry told Fox News on Tuesday that “cleared” individuals could still be called back in to speak with police if the evidence leads law enforcement back to them.

“We always have the option of reinterviewing,” he said.

Case just bugs the hell out of me. I went to college and lived in unsecured apartments. My kids all went to college and lived in apartments, some of them seedy. I cry for these kids and their families. Some thoughts:
1. The guy had to know general house layout. Too risky to go into house in middle of night to do what he did without knowing layout.
2. it was a party house right? Start making lists of who attended the parties. You have two surviving roommates.
3. cops have zero security camera footage of the killer. Hard to believe. But if they did you know we all would have seen grainy, dark camera footage of some guy walking across campus by now on the news, asking if anybody recognizes him.
4. I think he has killed before. Who does something like this on the first kill.
5. It was targeted. The cops were early to say that. They have some clear evidence that they won’t share with public.
6. The guy used a knife either because he wanted to make it personal or didn’t want to deal with the noise and evidence that a gun leaves.
7. the guy was smart. He must have changed clothes and possibly showered at the apartment. Anybody see a guy walking around with a backpack at 4 a.m? He must have left his cell phone at home. The cops have checked phone records for cell tower pings from that area by now and if he took his phone you would think we would have suspect by now.
8. cops should tell landlords to notify them if anybody moves out in next few months
9. I think the break will come from DNA and possibly genetic genealogy
10. probably not as difficult as we think to kill four drunk people in the middle of the night while they sleep.
Good call on the landlords informing if anyone move out.

If the killer had known them (which he most likely did), he would have known they had a dog. He may have been prepared and possibly drugged the dog before the murders. This would explain why the dog didn't get killed and didn't try to protect or bark. The police would also not think to drug test the dog right away which would make it hard to prove which is why I think this is a possibility.

Why are we talking about the surviving roommates seeing a movie? Where did this come from? Did I miss something?

I'm not sure if "watching a movie" is an internet creation or there is another link with that specific detail... but there is the father saying he spoke to X around midnight and she was hanging out at home with E.

Maybe they were. Maybe they weren't. Who knows?

I'm not sure if "watching a movie" is an internet creation or there is another link with that specific detail... but there is the father saying he spoke to X around midnight and she was hanging out at home with E.

Maybe they were. Maybe they weren't. Who knows?
But the OP was talking about the surviving roommates, not the victims.

Sigh, So they still don't know the actual timeline for X & E? Yesterday, it was that they believed the couple stayed at the party all night before going home. Just now on Fox news the reporter said LE was still trying to figure the timeline for X & E. Asking the public for any information regarding that. Starting to question the ability of LE.
You can read about it in the official LE update. Which has factual information. Imo, LE needs to make sure they have all the information. You can't ever have to much. LE will ask for information after an arrest. And this latest request seem to want info about what happened while X and E were at Sigma Chi. Imo.

Also the dog very likely would have been alerted or acting strange if in fact the per p was already in the house imo
I personally think that if the killer knew them (which he most likely did) he knew they had a dog. It is possible he drugged the dog before entering the house by throwing a treat with the drug in it, or in another way. Then he wouldn't have to worry about the dog making noise or trying to attack him. Just my personal thoughts.

I agree with you. I have a hard time reconciling the fact that all were likely asleep when stabbed. I would think that if it were personal against someone, the killer would want that person to know who it was that did it…the killer would want that person to know that the killer “won” or that the victim “paid the price” for some perceived wrong. I do get that sometimes in murders that are personal, the killer’s goal is to just end the victim’s life and it doesn’t matter if the victim knew it was happening, so I could see it being personal and the victim still being asleep. However, I can’t see how someone would want the lives of four people to just be ended if it was personal, unless the killer perceived that all four were his targets from the beginning. This probably makes no sense.

TL;DR, I think if all 4 were asleep when attacked, there’s a good possibility it was some psycho that just decided to enter a house one night and kill a bunch of people.
I agree if the killer was punishing someone they knew, they’d want their victim to know exactly who was killing them and why. But don’t most random killers want to see fear in their victim’s eyes before snuffing them out? Or have I’ve watched too many “Criminal Minds” episodes?

If the desire to instill fear is a common part of the mass slayer MO, would killing someone while asleep satisfy that need? IMO probably not. So maybe this killer just wanted these people gone. Their demise solved some sort of problem for the killer and it’s as simple as that.

Or perhaps it had nothing to do with the particular victims or the house; the killer just wanted to do something that would shock the world. If so, this aftermath is what he sought all along.

They might know the order, but without a motive, I don’t think one being more brutally attacked is conclusive evidence that person was the target.

Could be that was the last person attacked so no fear of being stopped. 3 people as collateral damage? In a stabbing? While they were in bed? In the killer’s mind, there’s a connection— perhaps known only to him. We’ve all seen the generalities where stabbing is personal, usually someone you know, and one person having more wounds is the target…which is why many jumped to that conclusion—along with the mayor. And then the focus turned to Kaylee’s ex. Then we read profiles that said the killer may insert himself into the investigation so we started focusing on guy from the food truck.

For all we know (virtually nothing) it could have been a dare and the last victim was a celebration of mission accomplished. Makes me nauseous to wonder that.

We’re grasping at straws with no way to verify. It’s so frustrating.

JMO

I have thought about it too and one would seriously hope that the killer had no other experience killing humans with a knife.

If that is the case, they could have botched their first attempt. An example that comes to mind because I've raised livestock all my life is that Hollywood has us believe that one quick simple slash across the neck is an immediate kill. It's actually a lot more difficult than portrayed and if the killer lacked sufficient outdoor experience, they may have gone in believing that executing their plan was as simple as a couple quick cuts and quickly had to improvise so in my opinion, this first victim could have sustained the most damage.

Idaho police say individuals cleared as suspects in college student murders may be reinterviewed

Several people including the two surviving roommates and a man seen with two of the victims at a food truck have been cleared as suspects in the killings​

Seems unwise to announce this beforehand. It potentially gives the suspect time to prepare and recollect the story he said to LE during his initial interview.

JMO

But the OP was talking about the surviving roommates, not the victims.
In that case, I don't know.

I certainly haven't heard any report about the surviving roommates watching a specific movie. I believe there was a Moscow Police Update that notes the surviving roommates returned home around 1AM after being out and about separately.

I kind of wish they wouldn't say this. IF, hypothetically, they have already cleared the true perp and they say they are going to go back and reinterview, it gives the perp a heads up. Hmph.

I would think that the property management firm and the owners of the home may be sued by the families IF it is found that exterior door locks were not working. Both organizations would have to carry liability insurance.
Especially say for example, one of the tenants asked that the door lock be replaced, that it was broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny