ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread 22 and this thread, 23, is chock full of WS members discussing their difference views of what they saw on the food truck video. As much as you want to say it's definitive, many many others seem to think it's definitive he followed them. So it's not just SG and a bunch of crazy conspiracy theorists on FB questioning exactly what happened in that video, it's a lot of sound minded, rational, non-salacious people not agreeing about the details of exactly what happened.

If you'd like sources, peruse thread 22 and 23 and read the comments, and watch the video parts mentioned.

I honestly am not sure what exactly happened, I'm more than happy to admit I misinterpreted the video IF that's what I did. I have no vested interest in him following them or not, I'm just confused, as are many others.

The “no dna left behind” is discouraging.

I don’t believe he left no DNA. His DNA was probably all over the house if it was his friend. The problem is, this DNA was explainable. And he managed neither to hurt himself during the killings nor were they sexually motivated. So, not obvious sources. But maybe he washed himself, too, but no one collected the drain waters? Each time, there is something to learn on how/where to look for sources of suspicious DNA.

Yes Idaho is next to California but NuttMegg was saying they maybe think and act and have hobbies more similar to people in the south rather than Californians— in particular- meaning hunting is a big part of way of life in Idaho like much of the South
Idaho borders Wa And Ore to The West, Montana To The East And I believe Utah And Nev To the south, It doesn’t connect With Ca

Yes Idaho is next to California but NuttMegg was saying they maybe think and act and have hobbies more similar to people in the south rather than Californians— in particular- meaning hunting is a big part of way of life in Idaho like much of the South
Well, that was the OP saying that, not me. But no biggie, it was a confusing sequence of posts.

Imo, the killer used some kind of lighting, maybe, their phone or a torch with a flat base, both pointing to the ceiling, giving the killer enough light to see his victims without them waking.

If he were in total darkness, there'd be multiple knife piercings in the beds, blankets, pillows and bed frame, as they'd miss their target.
The killer could have turned a lamp or bedroom light on, but I doubt it.

In the Villisca unsolved murders from over 100 years ago, there was evidence of candle wax on the floor at the end of the beds, I've theorised this to be the same in this case but with today's tools and technology.

Unlike Villisca, I'm confident this will be solved.

Jmo

Someone must have thought about this. It's a big risk with six people in the house.

Four people stabbed with knives on two separate floors. That's a lot of thought, experience even?
I was just reading this site out of curiosity.

“When someone has been stabbed in the lungs they cannot yell or scream in warning to others. If you are trying to take out a sentry, the lungs make a good primary target to allow you to set up a second strike.”

This poor guy. My heart truly goes out to him. IMO, it's a bit too early to go this route but it's is completely understandable why he'd want to. I just hope, whatever he decides to do, will bring him comfort, somehow.

looks like the PI he hired has an 87% success rate. I like this decision on his part. Some don't but as we saw in the Delphi case, things can get overlooked that costs a swift apprehension.

House for rent: "Fabulous location right next to campus" - Fabulous location right next to campus! - House for Rent in Moscow, ID | Apartments.com

I found this listing for the house at 1122 King Road in Moscow, ID on Apartments.com. According to the listing, it was posted TWO WEEKS AGO. I didn't know if that was the posting date or not so I checked out more listings in Moscow to see what their dates were and they were listed as today or two weeks ago or whenever.

Do you think somebody posted the house for rent TWO WEEKS ago as a SICK JOKE or do you think it's real?

Idaho borders Wa And Ore to The West, Montana To The East And I believe Utah And Nev To the south, It doesn’t connect With Ca

Also, Canada. I would think that logically, WA is the closest place to get to Moscow from, maybe Oregon, but Canada can’t be discounted.

Wow. I personally don't know what information they have to legally release. If anything helpful it would likely be redacted. IMHO.

I am also very curious the need to keep the PI's name private.

looks like the PI he hired has an 87% success rate. I like this decision on his part. Some don't but as we saw in the Delphi case, things can get overlooked that costs a swift apprehension.

Link to PI's success rate, pls? TiA.

ETA: just read the foxnews story linked a few posts upthread.
Story says/suggests Mr. G. repeated that 87% success rate.
So I wonder where he got it (if not from the PI).

ETA 2. From foxnews
"Goncalves wouldn't share the identity of the gumshoe but said it's a former cop with 50 years of experience and an 87% success rate in solving cases."
PI who is former cop.
Soooo.... is it 50 yr experience, just him individually, not collective 50 yr, w employees in this PI firm? Okay, possible.
Soooo.... does the 87% success rate apply to LE career or PI firm or is it blended rate.

Okay for tonight, my last post dissecting a sentence to the molecular level.

Last edited:
There are some investigators that have an instinct for finding information. Most who are good at what they do know how to get what they find to the people who can arrest based on information found. As long as the PI is reputable and not just seeking money, they can often be very helpful because their rules are different than LE. I've seen cases where a PI honed in on something that would further a case within days of being hired.

I hope the PI can help.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I was referring to using the Rambo knives in a competition, trying to land them in a vertical hard (wood?) surface, compared to those in the photos with slender points. But standing above a horizontal body, no problem with the Rambo knife.
What is a "Rambo Knife" exactly?
I thought LEO identified the knife as a KA-BAR brand USMC-issued style knife?
I have a KA-BAR USMC knife... no serrations but a top swedge... "Rambo knife" is such a non-specific identifier.

I’m yet another new member, compelled to join WS instead of simply reading along because I cannot escape how haunted I am by this tragic, utterly baffling and barbaric crime. The killer’s sense of entitlement, ease of access and seeming ability to vanish into thin air after murdering four people continue to stun me.

I am all about the facts, few though they may be. I try to keep track of facts amid the increasingly absurd fog of reckless speculation swirling around this devastating event.

From the December 6th MPD Updated Press Release:

Throughout the investigation, detectives have collected:

More than 2,770 calls to the Tip Line at 208-883-7180
Over 2,645 emails at tipline@ci.moscow.id.us
Over 1,084 digital media submissions to the FBI link
113 pieces of physical evidence collected and taken to the ISP crime lab (bold italics mine)
Approximately 4,000 crime scene photographs taken
Multiple three-dimensional scans of the residence

December 3rd Video from Brian Entin via Twitter:

My expectations might be too high, but I couldn’t help noticing that the number of physical evidence pieces collected hasn’t increased despite the removal on December 3rd of bagged items from the house by what appeared to be LE individuals.

Possibilities explaining the discrepancy that I can think of:

Evidence recovered and not in the custody of MPD, but another branch of LE.
Evidence recovered but not yet recorded to the MPD physical evidence catalog because they are so heavily tasked.
Not evidence at all, but personal property requested and recovered.

Just something I noticed, MOO that it matters in any way.

This is just another hit for our community businesses. Deep sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01