ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the front door is open, does that open into the living room area of that floor? Does the stairway coming down from the second floor open to the living area? Sorry, I never quite understood that, now I'm really curious.

Does the bathroom on that floor open to the living area and to open starway, could they see the front door from the living area and bathroom?

Eta thanks fot posting the video. So there's no living/commons area on the first floor.

Last edited:
Here is what I think so far, IMO:

Killer did not know the students.
No sexual component to the murders. This is all about power, control and possibly viewed as a type of professionalism by the killer.
He observed who slept where by watching the house from the back. It IS like a fishbowl. That is how he knew when the residents went to bed, then waited a little while until he was sure they were asleep.
I don't think he bothered to case the house from the front that night, otherwise he would know more than 4 were in there by counting the vehicles. He may have counted on a previous night before K had her new car.
He was unaware of the bedrooms on the 1st floor which indicates he may not be from the Pacific Northwest where multi-level homes are common and may have bedrooms on the 1st floor.
I don't think he was familiar with college rental housing or that this type of house would have more than 4 bedrooms.
This crime was done to terrorize and possibly teach someone (not the students he killed) a lesson.
LE will not find a direct link to the killer in the history of any of the residents of the house.
He will not be in CODIS or NCIC.
He has committed similar crimes before and will re-offend.
IMO he left the area immediately after committing the crime and will not be back.

This bothers me. Why do they not want families in the home? Is this still a crime scene, then why move any items.

Moo... After the Virginia Tech Massacre, many families wanted to be on campus, wanted to pack up their child's personal items and yes, see the crime scenes. It was important to them. The school made arranagements with local parents to assist and/or pack up belongings. My friend assisted a family of a deceased student, it was very emotional.

I just can't imagine getting a box of items. I'm thinking, what can the crime scene offer, at this point? Its been touched, photographed, videoed, walked all over, scanned and now dismantled.

All imho....
My best guest, unless anyone has seen a biological waste company or something like that come clean up the home, it is probably still bloody. Police do not generally clean up the biological matter and dispose of it. I am sure they do not want the family to see that horrific scene.

Visiting for the weekend makes no sense to me. School wasn't even out yet and she was a Senior. Why would she move away before graduation? I thought she was going to travel Europe after she graduated. So many different stories...as Darrell would say, "heresay"!! MO
This never made any sense to me either..the only thing I can think of is maybe she finished her classes over the summer? Moo.

We don't know yet how Steve feels about this but I would think his PI would be pretty anxious to review what LE releases.
The initial MPD announcement mentioned similar to "coordinated with families" and led me to believe the parents/relatives of the deceased had requested certain items.

Also that announcement said they would use a truck and block off roads, I didn't see that today.

This bothers me. Why do they not want families in the home? Is this still a crime scene, then why move any items.

Moo... After the Virginia Tech Massacre, many families wanted to be on campus, wanted to pack up their child's personal items and yes, see the crime scenes. It was important to them. The school made arranagements with local parents to assist and/or pack up belongings. My friend assisted a family of a deceased student, it was very emotional.

I just can't imagine getting a box of items. I'm thinking, what can the crime scene offer, at this point? Its been touched, photographed, videoed, walked all over, scanned and now dismantled.

All imho....

The motivation behind it has not been discussed so we don't know LE has handled this. I did notice that LE did indicate that they were releasing personal items that were not part of the investigation so I get the impression that some items are still being held back.

At this point, the house seems to be still considered an active crime scene and it feels like LE is trying hard to work with the victims families.

Would anyone be interested in a post that states and sources the facts, timelines, etc.? I’d get a mod to approve first before posting but I feel like it could seriously slow down the movements of the threads to a point where we could actually discuss the case instead of sifting through speculation.

I’ve been working on a doc and I don’t want to put a ton of effort and time into it unless it will be used and referenced. Thoughts?

ETA it would include sources on things that will prevent new members from bringing up things discussed weeks ago. No offense to those who are new to the thread. ;)

p
Here is what I think so far, IMO:

Killer did not know the students.
No sexual component to the murders. This is all about power, control and possibly viewed as a type of professionalism by the killer.
He observed who slept where by watching the house from the back. It IS like a fishbowl. That is how he knew when the residents went to bed, then waited a little while until he was sure they were asleep.
I don't think he bothered to case the house from the front that night, otherwise he would know more than 4 were in there by counting the vehicles. He may have counted on a previous night before K had her new car.
He was unaware of the bedrooms on the 1st floor which indicates he may not be from the Pacific Northwest where multi-level homes are common and may have bedrooms on the 1st floor.
I don't think he was familiar with college rental housing or that this type of house would have more than 4 bedrooms.
This crime was done to terrorize and possibly teach someone (not the students he killed) a lesson.
LE will not find a direct link to the killer in the history of any of the residents of the house.
He will not be in CODIS or NCIC.
He has committed similar crimes before and will re-offend.
IMO he left the area immediately after committing the crime and will not be back.
I agree with a lot of this except that the perp was there observing several nights and only saw the back of the house. Wouldn’t he want to know where the front door was? Wouldn’t he wonder where the cars were? If I’m going to be illegally entering a house I’d want to know the layout, especially where all the exits were.

I think the one thing that would help me the most right now would be knowing if the 1st floor doors were locked that night.

Hello. Can someone tell me on what floors the bathrooms are located in the house? Is there a bathroom on first floor? (Surviving Roomate’s floor)?
I saw a contractor on a YouTube channel going over the design of the house and he said there is and indication of 3 bathrooms on each floor based on the ventilation pipes on the roof. The video was due to the belief that blood was pouring down the foundation. It was quite interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173