ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think it’s true that if the killer was not wearing some sort of PPE/hazmat suit that he had to have had at least some blood splatter on him. Even if it were just one stab wound, with him slowly removing the knife, I believe he’d be lucky to not have any blood on him at all.

The fact that we know it was many stab wounds on four victims, likely in the dark and likely somewhat in a hurry, with all that we know it just seems that there must have been blood spatter. Especially since (as you said) the walls had blood on them.
And we cannot forget that the killer had as many as 9 hours (3am-12pm) to clean up / dispose of any evidence.

I've felt from the start that the perp wore a hazmat suit, booties, and gloves. I think after committing the crime, he stripped out of the soiled outer layers, and stuffed everything into a backpack or gym bag. He then probably left the scene on foot (not by vehicle), likely undetected by bloody shoeprints, and went back home to clean up, and possibly left the area in the following days to properly dispose of the bloody outer layers he was wearing during the crime.

There certainly would be nothing strange about anyone seeing a guy at that time of the morning walking around that area so close to a college campus carrying a backpack or gym bag. And it was cold on 11/13/22 at 3:00 a.m. in Moscow, ID (28 F), so if he was wearing a hooded coat and/or a balaclava facemask, no one would find that odd, either.

{{ THIS IS ALL MY OWN OPINION }}

4am. That jibes better than 3am IMO
Well there goes a witness who could have provided critical testimony about the timeline during a future trial.

Reminds me of the female witness who saw OJ high-tail it through a stop sign close to Nicole's residence. She told her entire story to the press and couldn't be used as a witness.

I still believe my theory of it being two killer, both male, known to them from the uni/fraternity and similar to the scream murders. JMO
I’ve thought there might be more than one.

One person to kill three women, one man and contain a rather nice but big dog.

All those stabs had to be arm wrenching.

Maybe more than one!

Moscow Report

It’s slick out there! Photo of a scene on the UI campus sent in by a reader. Drive with caution and allow extra stopping distance.
May be an image of 1 person, snow and text that says 'Moscow REPORT''Moscow REPORT'
Is this an Elantra?? J/K
it may be elantra not same year- the back door rear edge curves around tire...imo ...and one sought after is absent any curve

I definitely think it’s true that if the killer was not wearing some sort of PPE/hazmat suit that he had to have had at least some blood splatter on him. Even if it were just one stab wound, with him slowly removing the knife, I believe he’d be lucky to not have any blood on him at all.

The fact that we know it was many stab wounds on four victims, likely in the dark and likely somewhat in a hurry, with all that we know it just seems that there must have been blood spatter. Especially since (as you said) the walls had blood on them.
I agree. But what I am finding myself having a hard time with is why there were no blood found outside anywhere. You'd think that the killer would have left some bloody footprints, drops, or some other kind of blood trail no matter which way he left or direction he went, even if he changed then bagged his bloody clothes, and swung from tree to tree to get out of the neighborhood.....that is, unless he took a shower (which would have been extremely bold and gutsy....unless he didn't know about the 2 roommates sleeping downstairs). JMO

I see this part of the investigation as being extremely relevant for profiling this person too.

Well there goes a witness who could have provided critical testimony about the timeline during a future trial.

Reminds me of the female witness who saw OJ high-tail it through a stop sign close to Nicole's residence. She told her entire story to the press and couldn't be used as a witness.
I believe the OJ witness was PAID for her interview and the prosecution decided they couldn’t use her because she would be discredited because she took money for telling her truth. I bet they wish they could get a do over on that mistake.

I’m kind of surprised they publicly asked for help locating the white vehicle!

This is the FBI, Idaho State Police and local police!

I would think they would, could run that make and model quite quickly.

I’m wondering what they are really looking for? Maybe information on it being in the neighborhood and who was in it?

Things I ponder.

I would hope they have the car's owner's passport flagged because he could have ditched the car, driven a different one, or rode with a family member or friends, or taken a bus.
But what if LE has no idea who owns or drives the white car? I think LE is hoping a friend or family knows someone who drives this car and will turn them in. The probability that the murderer is out there and still driving this car around Idaho is IMO very low.

Bumping Janitor's link

'Inan Harsh, a local chef, told the Idaho Statesman he got home around 1:30 a.m. on Nov. 13 after working late. The home at 1122 King Street in Moscow, Idaho, was usually bustling, even at that time, he told the news site, but instead, "There was not a lot of activity."

'Hours later, as he began to fall asleep around 4 a.m., he said he heard what sounded like a scream coming from the area of 1122 King Street, the Statesman reported. However, Harsh reportedly did not think much of the scream and instead associated it with a "party sound" rather than one of more negative value.'

from

Last edited:
I apologize if this has been brought up previously (too many posts to go through :)). Exact update from the LE website regarding who called 911 is "On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor.

My question is - "they believed one of the 2nd floor victims was passed out"? Unconscious?- according to LE it was a bloody crime scene...I'm just not following how they could have thought the victims were just passed out.

Has anything been said about this?

And we cannot forget that the killer had as many as 9 hours (3am-12pm) to clean up / dispose of any evidence.

I've felt from the start that the perp wore a hazmat suit, booties, and gloves. I think after committing the crime, he stripped out of the soiled outer layers, and stuffed everything into a backpack or gym bag. He then probably left the scene on foot (not by vehicle), likely undetected by bloody shoeprints, and went back home to clean up, and possibly left the area in the following days to properly dispose of the bloody outer layers he was wearing during the crime.

There certainly would be nothing strange about anyone seeing a guy at that time of the morning walking around that area so close to a college campus carrying a backpack or gym bag. And it was cold on 11/13/22 at 3:00 a.m. in Moscow, ID (28 F), so if he was wearing a hooded coat and/or a balaclava facemask, no one would find that odd, either.

{{ THIS IS ALL MY OWN OPINION }}
If crime was done by approx 4am it was still dark out then I'm guessing. It starts to get light where I am around 6am... So he was cleaning up/disposing of evidence probably before daylight.

If on foot his disposal would have to be close to the crime scene. If in a car he could dispose anywhere off a main road and he'd still want to do a due diligence clean up of the car which would be in daylight.

I’m kind of surprised they publicly asked for help locating the white vehicle!

This is the FBI, Idaho State Police and local police!

I would think they would, could run that make and model quite quickly.

I’m wondering what they are really looking for? Maybe information on it being in the neighborhood and who was in it?

Things I ponder.
unless they know who's vehicle it is and wanna see who he(she) calls or visits after the car announcement.

I believe everyone cleared by LE already is indeed innocent , in fact even otherwise I cant believe a college kid could do this.
Sorry if this has been asked already, but the person who dropped them home , the driver - has been cleared ? They must have some relevant information that can help.
Last year when I had to take taxis regularly for work, I ended up requesting a female driver - I'm sorry but I felt a bit safer (just rape is worrying enough without the murder part though) I just felt very vulnerable the whole one hour in an enclosed space kept looking on my phone whether we were still on route. Edited to say, I felt bad for feeling that way as the drivers seemed polite and nice, some chatty some quiet probably all harmless
I know this was only a 5 minute drive, but the driver must be key , last known person to have definitely seen them just before.
I think he would only be key to help in determining what time they arrived at the house. If it was just a drop off and drive away, he likely has nothing to add to the narrative. LE said they don’t believe he is involved.
Now if he said he saw a guy hiding in the bushes, a vehicle running nearby, or someone approach the victims as they walked up to the house, then I’d say he would be key. So far, we don’t have any information that would indicate that he did.

I apologize if this has been brought up previously (too many posts to go through :)). Exact update from the LE website regarding who called 911 is "On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor.

My question is - "they believed one of the 2nd floor victims was passed out"? Unconscious?- according to LE it was a bloody crime scene...I'm just not following how they could have thought the victims were just passed out.

Yeah I believe it may have been discussed a little in previous threads.

I imagine one of them climbed up the stairs to get to the kitchen in the morning, and saw E lying down :( and ran back down in terror. then few of them called up 911, just terrified and when the 911 responder asked if the person seen on the floor was conscious and moving they replied no - they must have seen some blood and eyes open I think, else would have called the ambulance instead of police . It is all so horrifying and hard to make sense of. Those poor children. I dont think I can ever send my kids away to college after this, even if oxford or cambridge offered a full scholarship, community college and seeing them every evening sounds the only sensible option right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203