ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this in the previous thread, but found it interesting the home next to these steps/trail has been on the market and was just sold within the last couple of days. Granted, this doesn’t indicate the home was vacant, which is my intent.

These steps appear to run from Shetland Ct all the way to Walenta/Ridge, which is just a stone’s throw away from 1122; particularly leading to the rear of the house.

There doesn’t appear to be an entrance from Palouse River to 1122 except if using a W route or 95 to the E as well.

Obviously this is nothing, but it’s interesting trying to speculate where a vehicle may have been parked.

Attachments

• B437924D-320C-44AB-B772-42EA79B3EA2E.jpeg
    B437924D-320C-44AB-B772-42EA79B3EA2E.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 53
I imagine one of them climbed up the stairs to get to the kitchen in the morning, and saw E lying down :( and ran back down in terror. then few of them called up 911, just terrified and when the 911 responder asked if the person seen on the floor was conscious and moving they replied no - they must have seen some blood and eyes open I think, else would have called the ambulance instead of police . It is all so horrifying and hard to make sense of. Those poor children. I dont think I can ever send my kids away to college after this, even if oxford or cambridge offered a full scholarship, community college and seeing them every evening sounds the only sensible option right now
I know - I feel the same. Its horrifying

I’m kind of surprised they publicly asked for help locating the white vehicle!

This is the FBI, Idaho State Police and local police!

I would think they would, could run that make and model quite quickly.

I’m wondering what they are really looking for? Maybe information on it being in the neighborhood and who was in it?

Things I ponder.
With a case I mentioned before in Calgary, Canada they released a video still image to the public of a green pick up truck seen close to the crime scene.

I think they did this because they couldn't see the plate in the image and Calgary/Alberta is a place where pick up trucks/big trucks are rampant (rural, farming, ranching, lots of snow, etc.) more than some other Canadian cities.

So a needle in a haystack kinda thing. There are probably tons of white Elantras but maybe they are waiting for that one tip where someone knows someone with that car who was acting suspicious or cleanings. etc. That's what happened in Calgary - one tip to that truck led to the killer and thankfully!

And we cannot forget that the killer had as many as 9 hours (3am-12pm) to clean up / dispose of any evidence.

I've felt from the start that the perp wore a hazmat suit, booties, and gloves. I think after committing the crime, he stripped out of the soiled outer layers, and stuffed everything into a backpack or gym bag. He then probably left the scene on foot (not by vehicle), likely undetected by bloody shoeprints, and went back home to clean up, and possibly left the area in the following days to properly dispose of the bloody outer layers he was wearing during the crime.

There certainly would be nothing strange about anyone seeing a guy at that time of the morning walking around that area so close to a college campus carrying a backpack or gym bag. And it was cold on 11/13/22 at 3:00 a.m. in Moscow, ID (28 F), so if he was wearing a hooded coat and/or a balaclava facemask, no one would find that odd, either.

{{ THIS IS ALL MY OWN OPINION }}
Yours has been my opinion for quite awhile. Given the Covid pandemic and now the flu season here, obtaining a hazmat suit or similar outerwear wouldn't attract much attention. Which does make me wonder about someone with access to medical garments. I also think the killer watched from the wooded area behind the house long enough to determine how the occupants spent their weekends, and that he traveled on foot and lives fairly close.

I can't quote it all, against ToS, so here's a couple of paragraphs, there's more at the link

'Several residents on the block where four University of Idaho students were found dead last month recalled a boisterous party atmosphere in the enclosed neighborhood located just off campus, with the occupants of the large rental home at its core often hosting friends into the early morning hours.
While coming and going from their own rentals, it wasn’t uncommon on most weekends, and some weekdays, for neighbors to encounter streams of college-aged people shuttling between homes in the two conjoined cul-de-sacs, they said. Aluminum cans of alcoholic beverages and red plastic cups frequently were left behind on the single, sloped path, one longtime resident said'

Since August, the home had three noise complaints for loud music — including two on the same night in early September — reported to police, according to a Statesman review of Moscow police reports related to the tenants.

lol...I'm not new and it happens to me all the time!
Right? I own it when I do something wrong, but per moderator's rule, just report my post for deletion instead of commenting back...the constant responses to my bad just clog up the thread. If I receive a moderator notification and then a time out, lesson learned. The harassment from others from a post serves to just jumble the thread and cause unnecessary drama.

I do not want to churn the pot here, but we've had plenty of cases that people who've been cleared end up being the suspect. Also,the profile of a murderer includes men, women of all ages.
I believe everyone cleared by LE already is indeed innocent , in fact even otherwise I cant believe a college kid could do this.
To the best of my knowledge, no one has been cleared by LE. Several individuals who have been the basis of wild speculation, gossip, and rumors have been looked into by investigators and ”At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe the following are involved in this crime”
They are saying that right now they don’t have anything that implicates them, but that could change if new information is developed.

With a case I mentioned before in Calgary, Canada they released a video still image to the public of a green pick up truck seen close to the crime scene.

I think they did this because they couldn't see the plate in the image and Calgary/Alberta is a place where pick up trucks/big trucks are rampant (rural, farming, ranching, lots of snow, etc.) more than some other Canadian cities.

So a needle in a haystack kinda thing. There are probably tons of white Elantras but maybe they are waiting for that one tip where someone knows someone with that car who was acting suspicious or cleanings. etc. That's what happened in Calgary - one tip to that truck led to the killer and thankfully!
Perhaps, if the Elantra is sitting somewhere in a garage, the person they're seeking will be tempted to clean it and drive it into somewhere like a lake. I wondered when the killer was called "sloppy" whether this was an invitation for him to respond to the insult.

Yours has been my opinion for quite awhile. Given the Covid pandemic and now the flu season here, obtaining a hazmat suit or similar outerwear wouldn't attract much attention. Which does make me wonder about someone with access to medical garments. I also think the killer watched from the wooded area behind the house long enough to determine how the occupants spent their weekends, and that he traveled on foot and lives fairly close.
Yep. You can get a hazmat suit at any hardware store. Heck, my husband has a few on hand that he buys cheap from Harbor Freight Tools (there's a location just across the border 8 miles away in Pullman, WA). My husband uses them to protect himself from insulation he may encounter when going into the attic crawlspace of our house.

I can't quote it all, against ToS, so here's a couple of paragraphs, there's more at the link

'Several residents on the block where four University of Idaho students were found dead last month recalled a boisterous party atmosphere in the enclosed neighborhood located just off campus, with the occupants of the large rental home at its core often hosting friends into the early morning hours.
While coming and going from their own rentals, it wasn’t uncommon on most weekends, and some weekdays, for neighbors to encounter streams of college-aged people shuttling between homes in the two conjoined cul-de-sacs, they said. Aluminum cans of alcoholic beverages and red plastic cups frequently were left behind on the single, sloped path, one longtime resident said'

Since August, the home had three noise complaints for loud music — including two on the same night in early September — reported to police, according to a Statesman review of Moscow police reports related to the tenants.
All the past comings and goings in that house must be adding up to a DNA matching nightmare for LE!

I imagine one of them climbed up the stairs to get to the kitchen in the morning, and saw E lying down :( and ran back down in terror. then few of them called up 911, just terrified and when the 911 responder asked if the person seen on the floor was conscious and moving they replied no - they must have seen some blood and eyes open I think, else would have called the ambulance instead of police . It is all so horrifying and hard to make sense of. Those poor children. I dont think I can ever send my kids away to college after this, even if oxford or cambridge offered a full scholarship, community college and seeing them every evening sounds the only sensible option right now
There are no verified reports of specifically where E was found .

Yep. You can get a hazmat suit at any hardware store. Heck, my husband has a few on hand that he buys cheap from Harbor Freight Tools (there's a location just across the border 8 miles away in Pullman, WA). My husband uses them to protect himself from insulation he may encounter when going into the attic crawlspace of our house.
And maybe Harbor Freight had a video of someone buying one that they are following up on.

I agree. But what I am finding myself having a hard time with is why there were no blood found outside anywhere. You'd think that the killer would have left some bloody footprints, drops, or some other kind of blood trail no matter which way he left or direction he went, even if he changed then bagged his bloody clothes, and swung from tree to tree to get out of the neighborhood.....that is, unless he took a shower (which would have been extremely bold and gutsy....unless he didn't know about the 2 roommates sleeping downstairs). JMO

I see this part of the investigation as being extremely relevant for profiling this person too.

I keep thinking there was no blood outside as well and have to keep reminding myself that we have only seen images released by the media based on areas they feel are relevant.

agree

LE put out their statements regularly and also send media a package every day

I'd do the same if I was in LE's shoes. Looks like a sensitive stage of the investigation
I know LE needs and wants the public’s help, but they do not owe us an update every five seconds. I cannot imagine the stress of working this case under the pressure they must be getting from every direction. We’re in week four of 24/7 coverage of an unthinkable crime that has captured national and global attention.

I do not blame them one bit for putting out no information, disinformation, and/or misinformation in furtherance of the investigation.

I feel for the one’s having to monitor SM constantly. My gosh, I’ve seen comments elsewhere that have not only named a suspect but have tried and convicted a suspect.

I really don’t care what Ashley Banfield or any other pundit, commentator, or media armchair detective thinks about LE’s press conferences. I do care how the families are treated; and from what I’ve observed, LE is doing the best they can in that regard.

Okay, there, I vented.

Umm...
Im not sure if it was posted here - the threads move sooo fast

"A man who lives near the home where four University of Idaho students were killed last month has come forward about hearing a scream early on the morning of the attacks in the area of the crime scene, according to a local report."

I apologize if this has been brought up previously (too many posts to go through :)). Exact update from the LE website regarding who called 911 is "On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from one of the surviving roommates’ cell phones inside the residence. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before Moscow Police arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the second floor and two victims on the third floor.

My question is - "they believed one of the 2nd floor victims was passed out"? Unconscious?- according to LE it was a bloody crime scene...I'm just not following how they could have thought the victims were just passed out.

Has anything been said about this?
What was speculated and MOO was a few of the following ideas:

- 911 dispatcher always uses the word unconscious when a person is non responsive period in any call so not a big thing to use that word
- perhaps one of surviving roommates fainted after the trauma of seeing the scene or a victim so neighbors used the phone to call 911

It's just a word I think everyone got focused on when it's probably just a technicality so to speak.

I keep thinking there was no blood outside as well and have to keep reminding myself that we have only seen images released by the media based on areas they feel are relevant.
I would bet you $100 if the media even thought they saw a drop of blood, they'd report it.

Remember the picture of the supposed blood dripping down the foundation wall outside the house near the 2nd floor sliding glass door that goes to the kitchen? Everyone on the internet was saying it looked like blood (and it did), and even early on some news stations were focusing on it. I personally do not think it was blood because there were never any evidence markers near it. It might have been heating oil. Who knows?!

{{ MY OPINION ONLY }}

Sorry. Just woke up. But since we are talking about vehicles, was the gentleman witness that was featured in the Idaho Statesman newspaper article incorrect about the night in question? The majority of the residents in the neighborhood said it was very quiet on the night of Nov 12th-Nov 13th, except for this guy. He said he heard a scream and saw a black SUV parked by the house at 1122 King Rd. Didn’t that black SUV belong to ECs brother who drove it there on the morning of the murders? If so, I think the eyewitness featured in the newspaper was possibly incorrect in his statement? IMO
The guy you are referencing also thought it was quiet compared to what it was typically like:

“That Sunday, however, the typical weekend crowd of 15 to 20 people in the home’s backyard, sometimes with a fire pit alight, wasn’t there, he said. “It was kind of bizarre,” Harsh told the Statesman in an interview, staring at the now-vacant home. “There was not a lot of activity.””

“Harsh said he can’t be certain, but, as he dozed off early that morning, he thinks he heard a scream from the vicinity of his neighbors’ home, he told the Statesman. But it didn’t arouse much of his attention, he said, because he thought of it as more of a “party sound,” which wasn’t out of the ordinary for the time or setting.”

And we don’t know when the black SUV showed up, we are assuming it was sometime immediately before or after the 911 call but there is no information about that. This also isn’t necessarily the black SUV the man in the article is talking about, there could have been another black SUV, considering it was a busy weekend on campus.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article269736921.html#storylink=cpy

I mentioned this in the previous thread, but found it interesting the home next to these steps/trail has been on the market and was just sold within the last couple of days. Granted, this doesn’t indicate the home was vacant, which is my intent.

These steps appear to run from Shetland Ct all the way to Walenta/Ridge, which is just a stone’s throw away from 1122; particularly leading to the rear of the house.

There doesn’t appear to be an entrance from Palouse River to 1122 except if using a W route or 95 to the E as well.

Obviously this is nothing, but it’s interesting trying to speculate where a vehicle may have been parked.

Or a hidden, vacant area out of sight to change clothes or hidden place to sit, watch and wait. Good observation. I do wonder if it was vacant?

P.S. love your avatar pic - time is a flat circle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member